• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT5| Intermittent Farting, Wrist Curls and Hammer Strength Machine Spotters

Status
Not open for further replies.
iYfqoZfkCZwst.jpg

Time for an update!

Stats
-6'2
-198lbs(couldn't break 200 this week gah!)

After last summer and Aliens points I really took a backseat on pushing chest and focused on my shoulders. They are better but still not where I need them to be. I should be Summer ready by June at this rate though so thats good.

Bench - 225-235 1RM(Last month I got 235 but can't get more than 225 this month :/
DeadLift - 335
Squats - 275(Still pretty pathetic - Hopefully hitting them twice a week now will help)
DB Curl - 60
Weighted Dip - 90(two 45lbs plates)
Weighted Wide Grip Pullup - 45lbs + 10lbs
Bent Over Row - 205lbs
Military Press - 80lbs(You would be so proud Alien)

Here is what I am most stoked about though:

1 Mile Sprint - 5:20(Outside not on a treadmill)
3 Mile - 6:04(Outside not on a treadmill)

I am entering a Spartan and I need to get in the low 5's to even have a chance at this thing so hopefully I do okay.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
iYfqoZfkCZwst.jpg

Time for an update!

After last summer and Aliens points I really took a backseat on pushing chest and focused on my shoulders. They are better but still not where I need them to be. I should be Summer ready by June at this rate though so thats good.

Bench - 225-235 1RM(Last month I got 235 but can't get more than 225 this month :/
DeadLift - 335
Squats - 275(Still pretty pathetic - Hopefully hitting them twice a week now will help)
DB Curl - 60
Bent Over Row - 205lbs

I am entering a Spartan and I need to get in the low 5's to even have a chance at this thing so hopefully I do okay.

You are one cut up SOB my man! Geeze! Nice work! Awesome shot of Tahoe too.

EDIT: Also, you're the second person in a week to tell me the Joint has good sushi. It's out in Sparks though isn't it?

You are one cut up SOB my man! Geeze! Nice work! Awesome shot of Tahoe too.

EDIT: Also, you're the second person in a week to tell me the Joint has good sushi. It's out in Sparks though isn't it?

No way Cooter that video of your muscle up was so bad ass. You and Darth have inspired me big time I am chasing your strength and his quads man.
You look fantastic.

I missed your Leg shot! You punk looks sooo good. Those are going to be some nice quads. It still looks like I am rocking pool cues over here.

The Joint is good but it is in Spanish Springs. Hiroba is just as good I think.

Veezy

que?
iYfqoZfkCZwst.jpg

Time for an update!

Stats
-6'2

DeadLift - 335
DB Curl - 60
Bent Over Row - 205lbs

If I was being pedantic and a picky piece of shit, I'd say work on your back a bit more than your shoulders. A bit more mass back there and you'd be fucking beastly.

That aside, you're looking pretty fucking cut, my man. Keep at it. You going to do a hard bulk this fall?

EVERYBODY SHOULD GO SEE PAIN AND GAIN BEFORE YOUR WHATEVER YOUR FAVORITE WORK OUT DAY IS. GETS YOU FUCKING PUMPED.

It's a terrible movie, but in the "so bad it's good" sort of way.

Cooter

No way Cooter that video of your muscle up was so bad ass. You and Darth have inspired me big time I am chasing your strength and his quads man.
You look fantastic.

I missed your Leg shot! You punk looks sooo good. Those are going to be some nice quads. It still looks like I am rocking pool cues over here.

The Joint is good but it is in Spanish Springs. Hiroba is just as good I think.

You're too kind. I'm glad the muscle up inspired you! I'm going for 35lbs Tuesday!

I'll check out Hiroba next time I'm going to sushi. Thanks!

If I was being pedantic and a picky piece of shit, I'd say work on your back a bit more than your shoulders. A bit more mass back there and you'd be fucking beastly.

That aside, you're looking pretty fucking cut, my man. Keep at it. You going to do a hard bulk this fall?

EVERYBODY SHOULD GO SEE PAIN AND GAIN BEFORE YOUR WHATEVER YOUR FAVORITE WORK OUT DAY IS. GETS YOU FUCKING PUMPED.

It's a terrible movie, but in the "so bad it's good" sort of way.

Yeah I start my Hard Bulk in the fall.

Thanks for the critique Veezy. I love when I get suggestions. I am currently varying between SS my back with chest or mixing it with biceps or focusing on it solely. My workouts all center around weighted pullups(Wide, close, hand over hand) and Rows(Seated and wide-grip bent over barbell).

What should I add?

The Rock and MW are my guilty pleasure so I am hitting that up tonight for sure.

You're too kind. I'm glad the muscle up inspired you! I'm going for 35lbs Tuesday!

I'll check out Hiroba next time I'm going to sushi. Thanks!

No kindness here man this aint a damn charity ;) You look fantastic.

Cooter

No kindness here man this aint a damn charity ;) You look fantastic.

lol. I really just meant that you turned a compliment from me into a compliment to me. Thanks. I know what you mean about this place inspiring you. I've been involved in all 5 threads over the years I believe and I credit these guys for giving me a lot of the drive I now have for weight training!

Ekdrm2d1

Oh wow! I was extremely confused for a split second and thought I was looking at a, well....yeah, haha!

lol!

As stated yesterday, I don't focus on legs that much. My calves are from being a runner. Now I'm focusing more on upper body muscles than running :p

Demon Ice

Banned
I was foolish and went with high weight and 8-10 reps, really like the high reps / high volume approach and it works much better.

Yeah I do sets of 15 reps for traps and calves. Used to do the high weight low rep thing but it wasn't working for those areas.

BruceLeeRoy, looking cut as hell man. Looks like a single digit BF%, gratz

Thanks for the comment guys!

iYfqoZfkCZwst.jpg

Time for an update!

Stats
-6'2

DeadLift - 335
DB Curl - 60
Bent Over Row - 205lbs

shit.

you are summer ready now. fucking cut up nicely. wow.

Van Owen

Banned
The guy that rang me up had the nerve to tell me how good the cookie dough ones are, but that they currently don't have any in stock.

Noema

I went to GNC yesterday because I was curious how much those quest bars would cost here in Mexico.

And I just showed myself to the door after I found out.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I think we all need to borrow the "cuts iron" from Bruce so we can start burning them in. Fuck man, you look great.

Edit: been avoiding this place due to all the cack pictures.

Also, I've never heard cooking with whey ruins it. I'd like to see anything that supports that since there's a lot of recipes that use it.

Gotdamn

BruceLeeroy. You got the glow! Mirin.

Bruce-Leroy-Glowing-2.jpg

SexyGAF, please help:

Treadmill keeps "lagging" or "Stalling" for a brief second when I run on it.

I've looked briefly into it and it could be that the tread is too far from the ground, or that it's loose or something. How do I fix this?

If anything is worthy to note, the tread is not positioned in the middle, but moreso to the left. But it's almost always been like that, I'm thinking maybe it's moved far enough that it causes the stalling to happen. But that can't be true because then I'd expect it to grind, not stall.

Why is the stalling happening? Like, when I run, every few seconds the tread struggles to move or stalls.

Hope this makes sense?

edit: maybe i need to lube it up?

Szu

Cooter, you've got the total package. That's what counts. Great job!!

BruceLeeRoy, you're one ripped bastard!!! More power to you.

Ekdrm2d1, I wish I was in your position. That seems so relaxing right now. I just came back from spending an entire afternoon at a Botanical Garden. My feet could use it.

entremet

My fiancé came home with a vitamix. I don't know if I should be angry (price) or excited (since I've always wanted one)

Best blenders in the world and a lifetime warranty I believe. You can put in your will lol and your grandkids would be using it without a hitch.

SeanR1221

Best blenders in the world and a lifetime warranty I believe. You can put in your will lol and your grandkids would be using it without a hitch.

Plus it's from Costco. Double life time warranty!

I gotta say, it makes my oyster blender look like a piece of shit. I made a smoothie and it actually crushed the ice with ease (old blender would get stuck) and tasted like a thick smoothie.

The cleaning was the coolest part. You blend with soapy warm water on the highest setting and it cleans itself.

Yeah I do sets of 15 reps for traps and calves. Used to do the high weight low rep thing but it wasn't working for those areas.

BruceLeeRoy, looking cut as hell man. Looks like a single digit BF%, gratz

Gotdamn

BruceLeeroy. You got the glow! Mirin.

shit.

you are summer ready now. fucking cut up nicely. wow.

Damn is that the real Bruce Lee!?

I think we all need to borrow the "cuts iron" from Bruce so we can start burning them in. Fuck man, you look great.
Bruce-Leroy-Glowing-2.jpg

BruceLeeRoy, you're one ripped bastard!!! More power to you.

You guys are way too nice. Thanks for all the encouragement it means a lot. I would have never made so much progress without the invaluable information and tips you have all provided.

Also Immortal you are my boy man! Got the glow baby! hahaha

CrankyJay

Banned
Getting old sucks...you'd think after working out for 4 months with only 1 week off my body could withstand a whole day of running errands and housework.

My back and legs are shot...and I didn't do much I feel.

Disassembled my grill to put in some new parts, and did some trim work in my living room. I guess all the bending/crouching/sanding took its toll.

ShoNuff almost won that fight.....ALMOST

Getting old sucks...you'd think after working out for 4 months with only 1 week off my body could withstand a whole day of running errands and housework.

My back and legs are shot...and I didn't do much I feel.

Disassembled my grill to put in some new parts, and did some trim work in my living room. I guess all the bending/crouching/sanding took its toll.

I actually went through something really similar just a couple weeks ago. We get these pretty crazy weeds in our yard and I have been putting off digging them out but I finally had to get to it and spent probably 2-3 hours just pulling weeds. I was so messed up the next morning. My hamstrings were so taut that my lower back was almost locked up.

Iron bars got nothing on us but tumble weeds that stuff will kill you.

ShoNuff did crossfit, Bruce is/was about the compound lifts.

Haha dang right.

SeanR1221

ShoNuff almost won that fight.....ALMOST

I actually went through something really similar just a couple weeks ago. We get these pretty crazy weeds in our yard and I have been putting off digging them out but I finally had to get to it and spent probably 2-3 hours just pulling weeds. I was so messed up the next morning. My hamstrings were so taut that my lower back was almost locked up.

Iron bars got nothing on us but tumble weeds that stuff will kill you.

Haha dang right.

That's like when I really hurt my elbow unscrewing the bottom of a blender.

MrToughPants

Brian Burke punched my mom
Had some pan fried Tuscan Herb olive oil chicken breast sooooooo good.

Skipped lifting again...busy doing outdoor work with our first real day of spring. Digging a 16x6 vegetable garden moving the earf!

Legs were ~27.5-28" last time I measured.

Boxers > briefs

dejay

Banned
That's like when I really hurt my elbow unscrewing the bottom of a blender.

I'm 41. While I feel like I'm increasing my strength to a point I haven't seen in years, I still get out of bed and hobble around like an old(er) man until I loosen up a bit.

Imm0rt4l

Nice wheels MTP! I'm a boxerbrief guy myself.

ShoNuff did crossfit, Bruce is/was about the compound lifts.

crossfit killed ShoNuff

RIP

You guys are way too nice. Thanks for all the encouragement it means a lot. I would have never made so much progress without the invaluable information and tips you have all provided.

Also Immortal you are my boy man! Got the glow baby! hahaha

*daps

sphinx

the piano man
Thanks, most of the mass is in the ass though.

I don't know how far we're going fit-gaf... glute shots might be too far.

if we are wearing something, there shouldn't be a problem, right? or would that be too NSFW?

I can't see strategically covered glutes being more NSFW than all those bare legs we've put in the last pages. but that's me, who knows who's watching from above.

MrToughPants

Brian Burke punched my mom
if we are wearing something, there shouldn't be a problem, right? or would that be too NSFW?

I can't see strategically covered glutes being more NSFW than all those bare legs we've put in the last pages. but that's me, who knows whose watching from above.

Lol was only joking.

You'll see my fat ass in some vids.

Imm0rt4l

I notice bodybuilders in contest prep love showing their striated glutes. I think it's some sort of benchmark showing that you are officially 'shredded'. I'll never be truly shredded since I don't have those aspirations, and even then I wouldn't show them off to you guys lol. Fuck that noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom