• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT5| Intermittent Farting, Wrist Curls and Hammer Strength Machine Spotters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Thanks, most of the mass is in the ass though.

I don't know how far we're going fit-gaf... glute shots might be too far.
lol. I'm drawing the line at taking a butt shot for a bunch of dudes. I like y'all but it ain't happening. Haha

I notice bodybuilders in contest prep love showing their striated glutes. I think it's some sort of benchmark showing that you are officially 'shredded'. I'll never be truly shredded since I don't have those aspirations, and even then I wouldn't show them off to you guys lol. Fuck that noise.

Lol. Yeah I never understood that particular benchmark.

rando14

I notice bodybuilders in contest prep love showing their striated glutes. I think it's some sort of benchmark showing that you are officially 'shredded'. I'll never be truly shredded since I don't have those aspirations, and even then I wouldn't show them off to you guys lol. Fuck that noise.

Well i imagine its for a couple reasons. First, I believe glutes are one of the last places your body will burn fat from so yes striations indicate you are indeed cut to the limit

Second glutes are a pretty big muscle group so youd want to show it off just like youd want to show off your quads or back

dejay

Banned
Well i imagine its for a couple reasons. First, I believe glutes are one of the last places your body will burn fat from so yes striations indicate you are indeed cut to the limit

Second glutes are a pretty big muscle group so youd want to show it off just like youd want to show off your quads or back

I never even considered what ripped glutes would look like, so I just googled it.

That shit just ain't right!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
SexyGAF, please help:

Treadmill keeps "lagging" or "Stalling" for a brief second when I run on it.

I've looked briefly into it and it could be that the tread is too far from the ground, or that it's loose or something. How do I fix this?

If anything is worthy to note, the tread is not positioned in the middle, but moreso to the left. But it's almost always been like that, I'm thinking maybe it's moved far enough that it causes the stalling to happen. But that can't be true because then I'd expect it to grind, not stall.

Why is the stalling happening? Like, when I run, every few seconds the tread struggles to move or stalls.

Hope this makes sense?

edit: maybe i need to lube it up?

A lot of treadmills have a bolt/screw on each side of the back edge. So farthest from the front/motor end. By adjusting this screw you are moving the bar that is at that end of the running pad. Which will make the tread looser or tighter. A loose tread will slip or stall at times. As well by adjusting those screws you should be able to center the tread.

I wish I had a clue what the correct terminology was. I hope this helps. I have had two different treadmills and have done this adjustment on mine as well as for family and friends. As the treadmill gets older and the tread band stretches you need to tighten it up.

Being in Australia, online is the cheapest alternative for me - not sure what the situation is in Japan.

hey dejay
Just wondering where you buy your supplements from as a fellow aussie. Have you bought any lifting equipment also? Not really looking atm but eventually I'd like to get a belt, maybe some lifting shoes.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Sunday breakfast inspiration for Fitness-GAF - smoked salmon, two poached eggs and spinach, total of 399 kcal with 37g of Protein without the hollandaise sauce, a tablespoon of sauce will add some 75 kcal.

7uQsLmn.png

Was godlike.

despire

Decided to skip Carb Nite and go straight for Carb Back Loading. Need to make those gains brah..

And I'm probably fat enough to lose some BF in the process.

Anyway I'm liking T-Bar Row as my go-to rowing exercise. Any reason I shouldn't be doing it instead of normal rows?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Decided to skip Carb Nite and go straight for Carb Back Loading. Need to make those gains brah..

And I'm probably fat enough to lose some BF in the process.

Anyway I'm liking T-Bar Row as my go-to rowing exercise. Any reason I shouldn't be doing it instead of normal rows?
None that I can think of. I switch out pendlay and t bar.

dejay

Banned
hey dejay
Just wondering where you buy your supplements from as a fellow aussie. Have you bought any lifting equipment also? Not really looking atm but eventually I'd like to get a belt, maybe some lifting shoes.

Hey roosters, I've only bought whey concentrate powder so far. About twenty dollars a kilo.

http://www.nobullsupplements.com.au/

I believe they still send out sample packs so you may want to try some first. I may check out some of their other supplements soon.

I looked in Rebel today for shoes coincidentally and there weren't any specific to lifting.

andycapps

Been out of town with the wife for a few days so it's only been push-ups in the hotel room for me. Last night though I picked where we went to eat, so it was a nice steakhouse. Got an aged ribeye. One of the best steaks I've ever had. Maybe the best.

Hey roosters, I've only bought whey concentrate powder so far. About twenty dollars a kilo.

http://www.nobullsupplements.com.au/

I believe they still send out sample packs so you may want to try some first. I may check out some of their other supplements soon.

I looked in Rebel today for shoes coincidentally and there weren't any specific to lifting.

Oh cool, I bought 1kg of choc peanut butter WPI from them a few weeks ago when there was a sale on ozbargain. Not a huge fan of the taste but not terrible either. Also bought some from venomprotein when there was also an ozbargain sale on lol. I have bought creatine from bulknutrients since it seemed to be the cheapest.

Just now I've ordered some free samples on FB (bulknutrients) of their cookies & cream and choc mint protein flavours. Should be tasty.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Carb Nite is over and I feel fine. I guess that means I did it right.

Bought WAY too much garbage though, it's all sitting around the house. My roommate better get off her ass and eat like 50 cookies and drink all the chocolate milk. It's a hazard!

Bought WAY too much garbage though, it's all sitting around the house. My roommate better get off her ass and eat like 50 cookies and drink all the chocolate milk. It's a hazard!

Did you snag a pic?

velociraptor

What is carb nite? What is carb backloading? Are they good diets?

Yeah I don't get it, I mean I do (dat dere) but it's really odd to me.

Check out Dorian Yates routine, there doesn't even seem like that much volume
http://muscleandbrawn.com/dorian-yates-workout-routine/

Arnold's routine by comparison is insane.

Yeah Arnold's is so much more crazy. The biggest I ever got was when I was single and doing his advanced split training routine. I would be so dead I remember crashing around 8pm.

The Chef

iYfqoZfkCZwst.jpg

Time for an update!

Stats
-6'2
-198lbs(couldn't break 200 this week gah!)

After last summer and Aliens points I really took a backseat on pushing chest and focused on my shoulders. They are better but still not where I need them to be. I should be Summer ready by June at this rate though so thats good.

Bench - 225-235 1RM(Last month I got 235 but can't get more than 225 this month :/
DeadLift - 335
Squats - 275(Still pretty pathetic - Hopefully hitting them twice a week now will help)
DB Curl - 60
Weighted Dip - 90(two 45lbs plates)
Weighted Wide Grip Pullup - 45lbs + 10lbs
Bent Over Row - 205lbs
Military Press - 80lbs(You would be so proud Alien)

Here is what I am most stoked about though:

1 Mile Sprint - 5:20(Outside not on a treadmill)
3 Mile - 6:04(Outside not on a treadmill)

I am entering a Spartan and I need to get in the low 5's to even have a chance at this thing so hopefully I do okay.

Wow man that is really impressive. Congrats

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Did you snag a pic?

Nah, decided to devour uh...like 4 burritos and volcano nachos from taco bell, then a shitload of ice cream oreos, and some donut holes, then another meal with some fries and fried chicken...shit was good. I won't lie. But I recovered better than I thought, never felt sick. My ass is a trumpet this morning though.

What is carb nite? What is carb backloading? Are they good diets?

I can't explain carb backloading as it's kinda complex especially for where I am and what my aims are. Carb nite is for losing weight, CBL is for packin it on.

Nah, decided to devour uh...like 4 burritos and volcano nachos from taco bell, then a shitload of ice cream oreos, and some donut holes, then another meal with some fries and fried chicken...shit was good. I won't lie. But I recovered better than I thought, never felt sick. My ass is a trumpet this morning though.

I can't believe I haven't gotten a noise complaint yet from my carb nites.

despire

I can't explain carb backloading as it's kinda complex especially for where I am and what my aims are. Carb nite is for losing weight, CBL is for packin it on.

You can also lose weight with CBL if you aren't that lean.

CN = Lose weight fast, with luck make some gains
CBL= Make gains, lose fat or at least don't put any on

velociraptor

Got links for 'em? Wouldn't mind reading about it provided I don't have to pay money (which a quick Google search appears to suggest!)

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Got links for 'em? Wouldn't mind reading about it provided I don't have to pay money (which a quick Google search appears to suggest!)

Honestly I mostly went with feedback in this thread from established carb niters. I think a couple of us do cbl also. I'm out the door at the moment but I'll check in later and offer what little I do know.

otapnam

Been out of town with the wife for a few days so it's only been push-ups in the hotel room for me. Last night though I picked where we went to eat, so it was a nice steakhouse. Got an aged ribeye. One of the best steaks I've ever had. Maybe the best.

looks good man, gotta have the good char on the outside mixed with the rare inside.

Cudder

I must say, eating these Quest bars is a nice change from having protein shakes lol.

For the past few days I always have a moment of awareness when I remember I didn't have any shakes that day and I'm like "oh shit!", but then I remember I was eating Quest bars all day so it's all good. Cookie dough flavour incoming tonight, can't wait.

Petrie

Banned
I must say, eating these Quest bars is a nice change from having protein shakes lol.

For the past few days I always have a moment of awareness when I remember I didn't have any shakes that day and I'm like "oh shit!", but then I remember I was eating Quest bars all day so it's all good. Cookie dough flavour incoming tonight, can't wait.

Careful. After cookie dough the rest taste like dirt. They're that good.

abuC

Watched the Dorian Yates Blood & Guts routine, and it's crazy that he only has 1 working set in the routine per exercise yet the people who were doing it were nearly dead by the end of it. He stressed contraction and negatives after failure. I think I'm going to move away from heavy weights and focus more on contraction and explosion.

rando14

Watched the Dorian Yates Blood & Guts routine, and it's crazy that he only has 1 working set in the routine per exercise yet the people who were doing it were nearly dead by the end of it. He stressed contraction and negatives after failure. I think I'm going to move away from heavy weights and focus more on contraction and explosion.

Welcome to the club :) Focusing on the mind-muscle connection and maintaining perfect form has been my philosophy for a while now

Welcome to the club :) Focusing on the mind-muscle connection and maintaining perfect form has been my philosophy for a while now

Yeah.
If your looking for sheer muscle growth controlled motion and slow contractions is where you will start seeing the most results.

abuC

Dorian Yates is my go to body builder now, he was 100% right about decline bench (for me atleast) so that philosophy is something I will try to use from now on.

iYfqoZfkCZwst.jpg

Time for an update!

Stats
-6'2
-198lbs(couldn't break 200 this week gah!)

After last summer and Aliens points I really took a backseat on pushing chest and focused on my shoulders. They are better but still not where I need them to be. I should be Summer ready by June at this rate though so thats good.

Bench - 225-235 1RM(Last month I got 235 but can't get more than 225 this month :/
DeadLift - 335
Squats - 275(Still pretty pathetic - Hopefully hitting them twice a week now will help)
DB Curl - 60
Weighted Dip - 90(two 45lbs plates)
Weighted Wide Grip Pullup - 45lbs + 10lbs
Bent Over Row - 205lbs
Military Press - 80lbs(You would be so proud Alien)

Here is what I am most stoked about though:

1 Mile Sprint - 5:20(Outside not on a treadmill)
3 Mile - 6:04(Outside not on a treadmill)

I am entering a Spartan and I need to get in the low 5's to even have a chance at this thing so hopefully I do okay.
Lean and mean! Great work bud! Now go do some modeling or get on stage! >:)

The Chef

Bruce your a freakin beast. And you actually encouraged me to take some pics ;)

iYvrmlvXz37RE.jpg
ibhmS2WYh1Oxal.jpg

Height: 6'1"
Weight: 173lbs

Things I want to work on:
-Gain more weight (God its hard)
-BIGGER shoulders
-Bigger chest

Input is welcome! Just dont be too harsh.

sphinx

the piano man
Things I want to work on:
-Gain more weight (God its hard)
-BIGGER shoulders
-Bigger chest

Input is welcome! Just dont be too harsh.

you really look great, Congrats! :)

I was wondering, why do you think it's hard for you to gain weight? Are you eating the right food at the right time?

and you and Bruce, how many years (tell me it's months and I'll faint) to get where you currently are??

as someone who has been hitting the gym for 7 months, I'd really like to know more or less when can someone expect to look like you guys. It sometimes bring me down how everybody in me gym looks incredibly bold and defined and while I do see gains, I don't look like them, in the least, I'd like to know why. I try to convince myself it's a matter of time but I don't know..so any insight would be appreciated.

Dorian Yates is my go to body builder now, he was 100% right about decline bench (for me atleast) so that philosophy is something I will try to use from now on.

My man.

#TeamDecline

I want to try his blood and guts routine. As you mentioned, it doesn't seem like a lot of volume but everyone who does it, swears by it.

Demon Ice

Banned
That Dorian Yates Blood and Guts routine looks interesting, it's 4 different workouts so you just do all 4 once a week? Alternating days? Seems like something worth trying out after a couple months doing SS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom