• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT5| Intermittent Farting, Wrist Curls and Hammer Strength Machine Spotters

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Quest Cookie Dough bars lived up to the high praise. I only bought 4 because I have a box of Banana Nut on the way from Amazon though. If anyone in Chicago wants to try them, they had plenty at the GNC in the South Loop off of Roosevelt Rd.

The clerk at the counter even mentioned that he heard that flavor was pretty good. Word getting around.

sphinx

the piano man
Your performance at the Royal Ballet may suffer though.

serious question, what is this about?? did he mention he is a dancer and I missed it?

We're going to need some photos for, uh, verification purposes ;)

agreed, I have a pair of shorts that I think are like those and would like to compare.

People should stop asking me for spots, I'm terrible at it.

me too :/ I don't know whether I should wait until the bar doesn't move or until they give a sign with the head or something... Of course, I ask how they want to be spotted but I hate it anyway -_-

Chittagong

Gold Member
Anyone from London in this thread? Would love to train with some one at a pay as you go gym.

I know chittagong is, but might not be at a pay as you go gym.

I do accessory lifts on Tuesdays in a payasyougym.com gym near Paddington with a colleague, could be tempted for Thu/Sat for something similar, I am doing the SS routine on m/w/f with my Virgin PT

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
We're going to need some photos for, uh, verification purposes ;)

My legs are my least impressive feature, so literally nothing to see here..., at least my ass is nice, or so I've been told.

Here's how the shorts look. I like them.

3551_10201145956401983_550198482_n.jpg

947326_10201145956361982_1775148456_n.jpg

Petrie

Banned
Thanks for the responses.

Damn, that's unfortunate. Right now, week days are almost certainly out of the question (or would be horribly inconsistent at best).

45 minutes 3 days a week will give you great gains. It's always hard to believe anyone can't find that amount of time if something is important to them.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
45 minutes 3 days a week will give you great gains. It's always hard to believe anyone can't find that amount of time if something is important to them.

I imagine that 45 minutes in the gym working out can easily mean a 2 hour block of time when you factor in travel, preparation, shower, etc.

Maybe I should look into getting a weight set for home. I wouldn't be able to get anything to heavy-duty, though.

Before that, I think I may just give it a go once things settle down a bit. Maybe I'll be able to find a gym that's close enough to work so that I can find a way to slip out for an hour three times a week.

abuC

Did Jay Cutlers routine today, the volume sneaks up on you, but great workout and I can see why he looks like a mutant.

Went to get some cookie dough quest bars and they didn't have any. However while I was in line some guy was talking to the lady at the cash register about pre-workout supplements, then turned around and asked me if I took any, told him nope just a lot of water and whey after. He pointed to my chest and said "All that is from whey"....fuck yeah moment of the week.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Did Jay Cutlers routine today, the volume sneaks up on you, but great workout and I can see why he looks like a mutant.

Went to get some cookie dough quest bars and they didn't have any. However while I was in line some guy was talking to the lady at the cash register about pre-workout supplements, then turned around and asked me if I took any, told him nope just a lot of water and whey after. He pointed to my chest and said "All that is from whey"....fuck yeah moment of the week.

I'd be wary of doing his routine if it's his legit routine. And he looks like a mutant because he's used chemicals to surpass his genetic limit.

link?

abuC

me too :/ I don't know whether I should wait until the bar doesn't move or until they give a sign with the head or something... Of course, I ask how they want to be spotted but I hate it anyway -_-

It sucks, I don't like the responsibility and I'm really bad at judging when someone needs help with the bar. I'll wait until it looks like you're about to drop the bar on your chest to help you, all while saying "You got it bro".

I'd be wary of doing his routine if it's his legit routine. And he looks like a mutant because he's used chemicals to surpass his genetic limit.

It might not be his real routine, it wasn't much harder than anything I've done before. I looked at Arnold's old routine and was like "Oh helllllll no" in comparison, doing everything 3 times a week.

http://muscleandbrawn.com/mr-olympia-jay-cutler-training-routines/

I'm trying the 2008 one.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
It sucks, I don't like the responsibility and I'm really bad at judging when someone needs help with the bar. I'll wait until it looks like you're about to drop the bar on your chest to help you, all while saying "You got it bro".

It might not be his real routine, it wasn't much harder than anything I've done before. I looked at Arnold's old routine and was like "Oh helllllll no" in comparison, doing everything 3 times a week.

http://muscleandbrawn.com/mr-olympia-jay-cutler-training-routines/

I'm trying the 2008 one.

Could be one he simply jammed out for readers/regular people.

I'd be interested to see what their "real" routines/training days are (they being him, kai, ronnie etc) when they are going "full bore." No one really posts their entire logs though at that level. There's so much other shit they are doing.

abuC

I'd be interested to see what their "real" routines/training days are (they being him, kai, ronnie etc) when they are going "full bore." No one really posts their entire logs though at that level. There's so much other shit they are doing.

steroids.gif

Ekdrm2d1

Looking really good dude, can definitely tell you've made some nice gains.

Thanks dude :)

Just finished my workout with my PT. I explained my paranoia about sitting down and having my stomach bulge out. She re-confirmed that happens to everybody naturally. What I'm feeling is skin, not fat. My skin just rolls when I sit down. Just seems like it's getting bigger overall. Maybe since I gained a bit of mass, it's automatically included as a result.

Boy, I look like a skinny dweeb compared to a lot of the guys in this thread :p
I'm not big on bulking and being a "body builder." I like to look slender. Just wanted to add some muscle. I'm 5'6" and my PT wants me at 155 lbs. all-muscle. We'll see how I look at that point. I'm still 20 lbs. out, and to add 20 lbs. of muscle is going to be a lot of work when factoring I'm gaining 5 lbs. once a month :p

Ekdrm2d1

Some more background regarding my sitting down stomach problem. Even though it's not fat, it's still skin from when I had a pregnant-like beer belly. At least that's what my mom said. I've been exercising for 3 or 4 years, wonder why it's not all gone. The fat is gone, but not the skin? Doesn't make sense.

Photo taken January 2011
photo0287r.jpg

grumble

I remember reading somewhere that these guys often don't even write the routines, they just get made up by ghost writers for the magazines. I got curious about the fitness magazine industry once and I will probably never buy one again, so sleazy

Even if they did write their routines the kind of routine you do as an advanced bodybuilder on steroids is not what you should be doing as a natural lifter!

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I remember reading somewhere that these guys often don't even write the routines, they just get made up by ghost writers for the magazines. I got curious about the fitness magazine industry once and I will probably never buy one again, so sleazy

Even if they did write their routines the kind of routine you do as an advanced bodybuilder on steroids is not what you should be doing as a natural lifter!

Yeah, that was my point, lol.

moocow

Surgery went as well as could be expected. Already walked around a bit. I'm going to live vicariously through all of you guys, so I'm expecting good numbers from you over the next month.

MrToughPants

Brian Burke punched my mom
Had a talk with Russ Prior again, 3 Pan-Am gold medals, British Commonwealth gold medalist and 10th at '76 Olympics in weightlifting...had to do some plumbing work for his house.

He's 62 and can deadlift 500, squat 400+ and said he just benched 300.

Said his best ever DL was 835.

Dude looks like a tank for his age.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Surgery went as well as could be expected. Already walked around a bit. I'm going to live vicariously through all of you guys, so I'm expecting good numbers from you over the next month.
Great to hear! Heal quick. I expect to have something good to post tomorrow!

abuC

Had a talk with Russ Prior again, 3 Pan-Am gold medals, British Commonwealth gold medalist and 10th at '76 Olympics in weightlifting...had to do some plumbing work for his house.

He's 62 and can deadlift 500, squat 400+ and said he just benched 300.

Said his best ever DL was 835.

Dude looks like a tank for his age.
Is this accurate?

mqdefault.jpg

Demon Ice

Banned
A review I just looked up for Ego Fall refers to them as either Death Metal or Folk Metal. They are a Chinese metal band with one vocalist that does Mongolian throat singing. I believe they use other folk instrumentation, too.

All I know is they accompany deadlift PR's much to my satisfaction.

So yes, I suppose I do listen to death metal.

Just checked out Spirit of Mongolia by them, I like it! I love metal bands that infuse unique elements like that.

Took another glance at my lifting playlist, got a bunch of All Shall Perish / DevilDriver / Behemoth in there too. No wonder people tell me I look slightly pissed when I concentrate haha.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

You'll be good before you know it, and eclipsing us all :)

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Man i don't know about fasted you need Cooter for the answer to that. I would imagine you would be okay.
I don't jog but I've done wind sprints fasted. I don't see why it would be a problem as long as he's hydrated but I am far from an expert. Maybe others can chime in?

cryptic

bjb

Banned
Some more background regarding my sitting down stomach problem. Even though it's not fat, it's still skin from when I had a pregnant-like beer belly. At least that's what my mom said. I've been exercising for 3 or 4 years, wonder why it's not all gone. The fat is gone, but not the skin? Doesn't make sense.

Photo taken January 2011
photo0287r.jpg

First, you look great man. Almost completely unrecognizable from that picture.

To elaborate on your comment - loose skin is definitely an issue some people have after losing tremendous amounts of weight. Especially around their mid section. My jaw surgeon was also a plastic surgeon and it somehow came up in conversation. Said it's one of the main things his clients inquire about.

blackflag

oh man new hotness.

plain greek yogurt with protein powder. it is fantastic.

Dude you don't even know. Put that shit in the freezer for awhile. Don't freeze it, just get it real freaking cold.

Protein powder + almond butter + plain Fage + a few hours in the freezer is heaven bro.

what flavor of whey are you mixing with?

i cant imagine chocolate yogurt taste good

ON French Vanilla Creme. Faaaaaantastic.

If you can find Fage plain greek yogurt mix in some MusclePharm Combat Powder cookies and cream protein powder and be ready to be blown away.

I will keep that in mind! I'm super excited to try other flavors. You have no idea.

Dude you don't even know. Put that shit in the freezer for awhile. Don't freeze it, just get it real freaking cold.

Protein powder + almond butter + plain Fage + a few hours in the freezer is heaven bro.

bro. BRO.

You just freeze it? Throw it all together and just let it sit?

blackflag

Yeah just mix it up all good but you don't freeze it all the way. Just get it real cold and a little thick. It'll have ice crystals and shit in it. So good. Some people mix in cereal and stuff too (on that bulk of course)

abuC

Seriously long arms suck, I can curl a lot, I can do weighted dips with 135lbs (I am 225lbs) yet my arms just don't look as impressive as the numbers would suggest. Outside of the deadlift they serve no actual function in weight lifting too, they make nearly every compound lift more difficult.

zoukka

Seriously long arms suck, I can curl a lot, I can do weighted dips with 135lbs (I am 225lbs) yet my arms just don't look as impressive as the numbers would suggest. Outside of the deadlift they serve no actual function in weight lifting too, they make nearly every compound lift more difficult.

But you have long arms. Long arms are awesome and you should be happy you don't have stumps instead.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Been trying to find an answer for this everywhere regarding IF topics.

Can I jog during my rest days ( fasted ) before my first meal ( 1-9pm )

Cardio is a regular part of my fast days, I have been doing 5/2 fasting and lost 50 lbs this year while maintaining muscle mass. I do spinning, have not seen any ill effects. Remember to drink enough water though!

JonCha

Thanks all. Heading out to work in a bit and will be going the gym after this afternoon. PT isn't in every day so will have to see when he is and voice my frustrations, though without telling him what to do.

I've also figured out I'm consuming 124g of protein, so am couple to add a couple of litres of milk to that I think. In two litres there's 64g, taking me over the 164 as I want to add 10kg.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
I'm proud of myself. I took in about 3,000 calories today, by eating every 2 hours or so. :D

I swear, just by doing something like this I'd probably improve my health drastically, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom