• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT5| Intermittent Farting, Wrist Curls and Hammer Strength Machine Spotters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Appreciate all the support guys. Seriously, it motivates me! Thank you.

Yes, there are two full court BB courts, 2 RB courts, and an indoor soccer field. The place is gigantic.

Well....It wasn't pretty but I got it up! On my 2nd attempt too. It's going to take a while to get 45 up.

Muscle up with 35lbs...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqdZ44WCVvY&feature=youtu.be

Cooter I can't tell you how impressed I am by that. Especially because I can do a muscle up which is hard enough with no weight. Just having a extra 10lbs feels almost impossible.

Huge respect man.

I just wanted to say very impressive job Bruce and Chef. I can only hope to get those kinds of results. You guys didn't post your routines by chance did you?

Thanks for the encouragement Paddington. Honestly my routine is such a hodge podge of exercises and philosophies it will just be confusing. I think you said you were looking at the OP at one point and I would encourage you to keep devouring that information and then asking specific questions here.

Cooter

Cooter I can't tell you how impressed I am by that. Especially because I can do a muscle up I know how crazy doing one with that much weight must be. Just having a extra 10lbs feels almost impossible.

Huge respect man.

Thanks. I'm not gonna lie, hanging there before I went up I had serious doubts. It's amazing how much more difficult this one was from the 25 last week. You're right, 10lbs makes a big difference which is why I'm very pessimistic about doing one with a plate. Work, work work!

Thanks. I'm not gonna lie, hanging there before I went up I had serious doubts. It's amazing how much more difficult this one was from the 25 last week. You're right, 10lbs makes a big difference which is why I'm very pessimistic about doing one with a plate. Work, work work!

Your form is impeccable too. Nice and controlled no jerky movements or hip pops and especially no Kipping ;)

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
8-Ball Nutrition's 100 Whey is the bomb, tastes like a dessert.

Had to bust my ass to finish my sets tonight but I managed it. The numbers aren't lying, I'm getting stronger. Also god DAMN Cooter.

Petrie

Banned
damn just saw this on reddit

O60bx6w.jpg

makes me sad that so many ladies think lifting will make them big and bulky.

Well I personally find that level of muscle unattractive so to each their own I suppose.

Cooter

Well I personally find that level of muscle unattractive so to each their own I suppose.
I'm pretty sure you're fucking with us but if you're not....Were you not held enough as a baby? That's grade A shaiiit!

Davidion

Was doing deadlifts today; tensed my abs and didn't breath out properly during the first set and felt a slight pop behind my upper right abdominal muscle. Probably nothing, but damn that's worrying.

At least I've passed 200 on bench for reps; don't look anywhere near as good as some of the people in the last couple of pages though...guess it's diet time. Half way to intermediary goal of doing bodyweight on all the major lifts for reps.

Well....It wasn't pretty but I got it up! On my 2nd attempt too. It's going to take a while to get 45 up.

Muscle up with 35lbs...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqdZ44WCVvY&feature=youtu.be

Someday, I too shall accomplish this feat... T_T

Dude you don't even know. Put that shit in the freezer for awhile. Don't freeze it, just get it real freaking cold.

Protein powder + almond butter + plain Fage + a few hours in the freezer is heaven bro.

What...w...w...what's this magic?

Tash

damn just saw this on reddit

O60bx6w.jpg

makes me sad that so many ladies think lifting will make them big and bulky.

I am on a quest to personally show my friends that they are wrong. The biggest scare is the post workout water gain due to muscle tear. It scared the shit out of me the day after heavy workouts..I know better now though.

abuC

Did all of this today

*Wide-Grip Pulldowns 3 sets x 10 reps
* Dumbbell Rows 3 sets x 10 reps
* Bent Over Barbell Rows 4 sets x 10 reps
* Deadlifts 3 sets x 12 reps
* Close-Grip T-bar Row 3 sets x 10 reps
* Behind-the-Neck Pulldowns 3 sets x 10 reps
* Seated Rows 3 sets x 10 reps
* Hyperextensions 3 sets x 10 reps

Added some reverse cable crossovers & pullups in as well, the volume is no problem and since this routine only calls for doing this once a week I can push harder than I normally do. I was doing PHAT before this, I think my body responds to high volume routines better.

I am on a quest to personally show my friends that they are wrong. The biggest scare is the post workout water gain due to muscle tear. It scared the shit out of me the day after heavy workouts..I know better now though.

you are fighting the good fight.

Tash

One thing that pisses me off though:

As a woman working hard you will lose body fat on places you do not want to..so if you go for bikini or muscle competitions there is just no other option than having breast implants done. If you do not want to do that and are petite to start with you are basically screwed as you will never win a competition..

Hahaha, love the way he talks! What's up with that?

Imm0rt4l

One thing that pisses me off though:

As a woman working hard you will lose body fat on places you do not want to..so if you go for bikini or muscle competitions there is just no other option than having breast implants done. If you do not want to do that and are petite to start with you are basically screwed as you will never win a competition..

Yea, it's pretty common unfortunately. I learned about this through a youtuber/figure model named Andrea Valdez who openly talks about her boob job.

Tash

Yea, it's pretty common unfortunately. I learned about this through a youtuber/figure model named Andrea Valdez who openly talks about her boob job.

They all have no problems with it. I would never do that nor would I have the money to do it.
Not sure if I think it's cool they are totally OKwith it or if it bugs me. I mean, it's up to them but the fact that you basically HAVE to do it if you want to compete is BS.

Just think it's totally wrong in the context.

Kickz

If one is doing Intermittent fasting, how many days do you exersize? Would the general 3 days lifting with cardio and 2 days extended cardio work, or do you just do the 3 days lifting?

Davidion

Holy crap, that popping behind my abs and by the rib cage could potentially be a torn muscle or partially dislocated rib.

Lovely; guess I'll have to see how it feels tomorrow.

Chittagong

Gold Member
If one is doing Intermittent fasting, how many days do you exersize? Would the general 3 days lifting with cardio and 2 days extended cardio work, or do you just do the 3 days lifting?

Here's how my week is currently

Mon
AM - Spinning
PM - Starting Strength A

Tuesday - FAST DAY
AM - Spinning
PM - Assisting Lifts

Wednesday
PM - Starting Strength B

Thursday - FAST DAY
AM - Spinning

Friday
PM - Starting Strength A

Saturday
AM - Spinning

Sunday
REST!!

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Woo! Second day in a row where I took in 3,000 calories! I've NEVER done that before. :D

Honestly, my health would improve drastically simply by eating like normal people do. It's my horrendous eating habits, such as only eating twice a day, constantly starving myself that's fucked my health more than anything.

sphinx

the piano man
Pics or it didn't happen. Just saying..

lol, no way, the last time a guy (pretty sure it was DR2K) posted a pic of his (admittedly hot) butt here in neogaf it went viral and people still remember him for that, even though it was long ago. Gaf can't handle it :p

Here's how my week is currently

Mon
AM - Spinning
PM - Starting Strength A

Tuesday - FAST DAY
AM - Spinning
PM - Assisting Lifts

Wednesday
PM - Starting Strength B

Thursday - FAST DAY
AM - Spinning

Friday
PM - Starting Strength A

Saturday
AM - Spinning

Sunday
REST!!

I've always heard that cardio before lifting is a no-no? And this seems like a ton of cardio in general.

Ekdrm2d1

Holy crap, that popping behind my abs and by the rib cage could potentially be a torn muscle or partially dislocated rib.

Lovely; guess I'll have to see how it feels tomorrow.

Hope you feel better!

I had my first ever? dislocated ribs this year. The doctor who did my adjustment made it seem so easy. Putting ribs back in-place is no big deal :p Just feels like a deep (hard) massage. Dat relief once it's put back though is wonderful.

I dislocated the ribs the 2nd time by disobeying doctor's order to re frame from exercising :tisk tisk: lol

A physical therapist coworker put tape on my back days before my 2nd adjustment. My back/ribs was feeling pretty uncomfortable so she tried to help me.
img7263z.jpg

Stealth back picture (a month late)

Edit: Not flexing my back muscles. ha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom