• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT5| Intermittent Farting, Wrist Curls and Hammer Strength Machine Spotters

Status
Not open for further replies.

And are those all glute-ham raise stations on the right?! ::swoon::

andycapps

Wow Cooter, awesome work. I will do that one day.

Thoughts on using knee straps for squats? I seem to be really weak at the bottom of the squat. Had a bad workout yesterday, hardly any energy. I skipped my pre workout black coffee, and that could have had an impact.

kylej

Banned
One thing that pisses me off though:

As a woman working hard you will lose body fat on places you do not want to..so if you go for bikini or muscle competitions there is just no other option than having breast implants done. If you do not want to do that and are petite to start with you are basically screwed as you will never win a competition..

Very true, but if your goal is to look hot and be fit throughout your normal everyday life, I wouldn't worry about getting to competition bodyfat levels or comparing yourself to those women. Bodybuilding competitions are about showcasing the musculature of a person (size, symmetry, definition, etc) rather than beauty.

SeanR1221

Knee sleeves or wraps, Andy? Sleeves are fine, wraps should only be used on a 1rm attempt that's really heavy.

---

Cooter, you are just a solid mass of power. Good job, man.

andycapps

Knee sleeves or wraps, Andy? Sleeves are fine, wraps should only be used on a 1rm attempt that's really heavy.

---

Cooter, you are just a solid mass of power. Good job, man.

I'm using some shitty sleeves from Walmart pharmacy. They don't offer a ton of support, mainly just keep my knees warm and then some light support. Proper knee sleeves then?

So I left my gloves in my car which is currently being worked at the repair shop so the past few days I've been lifting without them. And goddamn, the dumbbells are killing my precious little hands. I had to stop doing some exercises because of the redness and uncomfortableness. Is this normal? I don't want to lose my Constanza-esque hands...

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So I left my gloves in my car which is currently being worked at the repair shop so the past few days I've been lifting without them. And goddamn, the dumbbells are killing my precious little hands. I had to stop doing some exercises because of the redness and uncomfortableness. Is this normal? I don't want to lose my Constanza-esque hands...

Sounds like you should be a hand model.

I use a lot of dumbbell work and I don't have issues, I also work a weenie job in an office so it's not like you can strike a match in the palm of my hand. Dunno what's up with yours unless yknow...you should be a hand model.

Which exercises in particular are shredding your hands?

CrankyJay

Banned

Remember from Of Mice and Men how Curly always wore one glove filled with vaseline to keep his hand soft for his lady?

despire

I've noticed that all the heavy compound lifting does nothing for the skin in my hands. No callouses whatsoever.

Meanwhile curls and other "crap" do give my callouses :p

Sounds like you should be a hand model.

I use a lot of dumbbell work and I don't have issues, I also work a weenie job in an office so it's not like you can strike a match in the palm of my hand. Dunno what's up with yours unless yknow...you should be a hand model.

Which exercises in particular are shredding your hands?

To be fair, I had to stop at the end of my routine. I had already done bicep curls, front arm raises, seated shoulder presses, shrugs, and forearm curls with little problem but increasing aggravation. By the time I got to the single arm rows my hands had had enough.

I've noticed that all the heavy compound lifting does nothing for the skin in my hands. No callouses whatsoever.

Yep. Same for me.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Man, I'm still not in ketosis again since carb nite on saturday. This is seriously bumming me out, and I think I'll dump carb nite since I'm not back and still have a little weight to lose. I've been super strict with my diet too. I got really sick last night at 2am and figured I was back on keto but the sticks say no. :/ Bummed out.

despire

Man, I'm still not in ketosis again since carb nite on saturday. This is seriously bumming me out, and I think I'll dump carb nite since I'm not back and still have a little weight to lose. I've been super strict with my diet too. I got really sick last night at 2am and figured I was back on keto but the sticks say no. :/ Bummed out.

How do you know?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Doesn't mean you're not in ketosis. From what I understand they aren't very accurate.

No? Then I'm not so bummed out. My last keto stint lasted for about 3 months and I'd check the sticks once a week to make sure of it or whenever I made a decision I wasn't confident about dietwise. I'm sure I'm on the cusp of it, but I was disheartened by not snapping back into it in a day, but knowing it isn't particularly accurate helps my soul a bit.

Shit, this makes me feel better too.

lol...

i just got a mental image of you getting a "negative" and being all depressed about it like a woman hoping to be pregnant.

That's a lot closer than you think to the truth :(

blackflag

No? Then I'm not so bummed out. My last keto stint lasted for about 3 months and I'd check the sticks once a week to make sure of it or whenever I made a decision I wasn't confident about dietwise. I'm sure I'm on the cusp of it, but I was disheartened by not snapping back into it in a day, but knowing it isn't particularly accurate helps my soul a bit.

Shit, this makes me feel better too.

That's a lot closer than you think to the truth :(

From someone that was on keto for a year, they are totally not accurate. If you are fat adapted and if you are drinking enough water, it might not show. When I first started keto those bitches would be purple, but as my body got used to burning the ketones for fuel instead of pissing them out, they never worked. Plus I drink a lot of water.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
From someone that was on keto for a year, they are totally not accurate. If you are fat adapted and if you are drinking enough water, it might not show. When I first started keto those bitches would be purple, but as my body got used to burning the ketones for fuel instead of pissing them out, they never worked. Plus I drink a lot of water.

Excellent. My day has been salvaged by fit-gaf. NO MORE TEARS OVER THE STRIP

Also been hitting the gym harder the past couple weeks, so it stands to reason they're getting eaten instead of pissed. Thanks for the insights, everyone!

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Side note, if you guys wanna know how to build monster traps, go to Prison. Even the guys who don't even work out have fucking traps. It's unreal. Also, these guys respect people who lift. Dudes come up to me all the time trying to talk training stuff.

Sometimes I really wanna get into a conversation, but I keep that shit to a minimum. I bet there's some stuff I could actually learn from these bigger guys.

Eidan

Side note, if you guys wanna know how to build monster traps, go to Prison. Even the guys who don't even work out have fucking traps. It's unreal. Also, these guys respect people who lift. Dudes come up to me all the time trying to talk training stuff.

Sometimes I really wanna get into a conversation, but I keep that shit to a minimum. I bet there's some stuff I could actually learn from these bigger guys.

What are they doing to work their traps?

rando14

Considering traps are a very easy muscle to get bigger, and are one of the first muscles you'd probably see on just a guy walking down the street, I wonder if prisoners try to build their traps first as fast as possible for intimidation reasons.

jdavid459

Chest/Triceps REPS
BB Bench Press 3x10
Incline DB Press 3x10
Chest Flys 3x10
Tricep Overhead Press 3x10
Tricep Pulldowns 3x10
Skullcrushers 3x10
Dips - To Failure  Until Failure

Back/Biceps
Deadlifts 5x5
One Arm DB Rows 3x10
Lat Pull Downs 3x10
Wide Grip Pull Ups/Medium Grip Pull Ups/Chin Ups Until Failure
Bicep Curls 3x8
21s
Hammer Curls 3x10
Concentration Curls

Legs/Shoulders
Squats 5x5
Leg Press 2x25
Calf Raises 3x15
Hamstring Curls 3x8
Arnold Press 3x8
BB/DB Shrugs 3x10
Military Press 3x8
Seated/Standing Bent Over Dumbbell Laterals 3x8

This look any good?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Fair. I'll just assume it comes from having the weight of the world on their shoulders.

Dat time under tension.

Considering traps are a very easy muscle to get bigger, and are one of the first muscles you'd probably see on just a guy walking down the street, I wonder if prisoners try to build their traps first as fast as possible for intimidation reasons.

It's possible, the first thing they mentioned about me was my shoulders and chest. All they ever ask is "how much you bench" it's very much "bro centric" but I guess it's a culture that would have to be.

SeanR1221

Chest/Triceps REPS
BB Bench Press 3x10
Incline DB Press 3x10
Chest Flys 3x10
Tricep Pulldowns 3x10
Skullcrushers 3x10

Back/Biceps
Deadlifts 5x5
One Arm DB Rows 3x10
Lat Pull Downs 3x10
Bicep Curls 3x8
21s
Hammer Curls 3x10
Concentration Curls

Legs/Shoulders
Squats 5x5
Leg Press 2x25
Calf Raises 3x15
Hamstring Curls 3x8
Arnold Press 3x8
BB/DB Shrugs 3x10
Military Press 3x8

This look any good?

That's a shit-ton of volume.

Petrie

Banned
Chest/Triceps REPS
BB Bench Press 3x10
Incline DB Press 3x10
Chest Flys 3x10
Tricep Pulldowns 3x10
Skullcrushers 3x10

Back/Biceps
Deadlifts 5x5
One Arm DB Rows 3x10
Lat Pull Downs 3x10
Bicep Curls 3x8
21s
Hammer Curls 3x10
Concentration Curls

Legs/Shoulders
Squats 5x5
Leg Press 2x25
Calf Raises 3x15
Hamstring Curls 3x8
Arnold Press 3x8
BB/DB Shrugs 3x10
Military Press 3x8

This look any good?

You don't tell us anything about what you're trying to accomplish, but this looks like a pretty poorly designed routine.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Chest/Triceps REPS
BB Bench Press 3x10
Incline DB Press 3x10
Chest Flys 3x10
Tricep Pulldowns 3x10
Skullcrushers 3x10

Back/Biceps
Deadlifts 5x5
One Arm DB Rows 3x10
Lat Pull Downs 3x10
Bicep Curls 3x8
21s
Hammer Curls 3x10
Concentration Curls

Legs/Shoulders
Squats 5x5
Leg Press 2x25
Calf Raises 3x15
Hamstring Curls 3x8
Arnold Press 3x8
BB/DB Shrugs 3x10
Military Press 3x8

This look any good?

That's a lot of work and I prefer to go down in reps and up in weight every set but that will work if you get enough rest and eat correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom