• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT5| Intermittent Farting, Wrist Curls and Hammer Strength Machine Spotters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Cooter you are a genetic freak you can't advise we regular folks.
Thank you?? I think.... I hear this quite often now and I never know how to take it. I'd like to believe my routine is effective. I've trained others and they get great results. Promise! ;)

I don't know about you guys, but this is how I do cardio at the gym

tumblr_mmgppxQ5BF1qdlh1io1_250.gif

Petrie

Banned
Thank you?? I think.... I hear this quite often now and I never know how to take it. I'd like to believe my routine is effective. I've trained others and they get great results. Promise! ;)

It's a compliment. I just mention it because you are so far beyond most of us that saying you could handle a routine likely means it'd be too much for a LOT of folks.

jdavid459

You don't tell us anything about what you're trying to accomplish, but this looks like a pretty poorly designed routine.

Trying to gain mass, get more muscular looking. Slightly chubby gut I am also trying to get rid of. Any tips to make this routine better designed? Anything I should cut? I just jacked this routine from another forum.

Cooter

It's a compliment. I just mention it because you are so far beyond most of us that saying you could handle a routine likely means it'd be too much for a LOT of folks.
Sure I could handle it but I wouldn't recommend that volume unless you were using certain "enhancers." My routine is extremely simple and way less volume than I used to do. I'm in the "quality over quantity" camp now! Lift heavy and get plenty of rest is my motto.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
That routine is 1 muscle group a day BTW, not doing all that one day...i'd die

OH. Well. That's quite a bit more manageable, but I recommend not splitting up muscle groups and instead working most of them at once in the beginning.

Petrie

Banned
Trying to gain mass, get more muscular looking. Slightly chubby gut I am also trying to get rid of. Any tips to make this routine better designed? Anything I should cut? I just jacked this routine from another forum.

Way too much still. Read the OP, it has way better info and a great beginner routine.

I'm restarting SS today now that my back/wrist feel better. Just tweaked my knee breaking up a fight here at work, hopefully my squats will be alright.

Cooter

Way too much still. Read the OP, it has way better info and a great beginner routine.
This. Also, I can't express how important proper nutrition is. I'd say it plays a larger role than the actual weight training component.

abuC

Considering traps are a very easy muscle to get bigger, and are one of the first muscles you'd probably see on just a guy walking down the street, I wonder if prisoners try to build their traps first as fast as possible for intimidation reasons.

Not for me :(

High shoulders, short neck.

kylej

Banned
I have come to the conclusion that I do not like barbell pressing (ohp) at all. Always feel like I'm snapping some shit. I much prefer dbs.

Not for me :(

High shoulders, short neck.

Yeah traps and calves. the bane of my existence.

At least with my monkey arms, deadlifts are easier. I still suck at them though.

I was lucky to be born with big traps and calves :/. Everything else looks like a busted can of biscuits.

lol @ busted can of biscuits.

I was blessed with wide shoulders. Even when I didn't lift, I was told that I have a nice, wide frame.

lets make a worse of fitgaf. You people can use my calves.

I only got lucky with big calves, everything else just seems like someone was blind with the character creation.

It's like someone picked my calves and goes "fuck those are sweet" then got bored and randomized the rest. Wish they hadn't left the skin tone on default either.

abuC

Yeah traps and calves. the bane of my existence.

At least with my monkey arms, deadlifts are easier. I still suck at them though.

lol @ busted can of biscuits.

I was blessed with wide shoulders. Even when I didn't lift, I was told that I have a nice, wide frame.

lets make a worse of fitgaf. You people can use my calves.

I'm definitely down with Worse FitGAF, and long arms suck, making the deadlift easier doesn't make up for making pullups, bench, dips, OHP and curls harder.

It's like someone picked my calves and goes "fuck those are sweet" then got bored and randomized the rest. Wish they hadn't left the skin tone on default either.

Same here, this is what I looked like at 11, I scaled that way up to 6'1" -

IMAG005433_zps238096a0.png

Only positive are my calves.

Tash

#hyper-trophy here. Just for the record..

Had Cardio focused day today. I start to hate them :/
I kept thinking how I could try to improve pull-up reps instead..
Also, I am happy I bought some gloves for lifting, I actually ripped my shin during some of the deadlift reps.

Rest day tomorrow. My lats are killing me from yesterday. Great feeling :)
Sorry I know I am rambling but I also felt like a small badass doing bench presses for the first time. Even remembered the bent lower back and stuff!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The quickest way to stop hating cardio days that has always, always worked for me is to stop having them. YMMV though.

Chittagong

Gold Member
I've always heard that cardio before lifting is a no-no? And this seems like a ton of cardio in general.

They are very far apart, morning cardio is at 7AM and afternoon lifting at 5PM, so there should be good time to recover. I have figured that amount of cardio is required for me personally to fire up my otherwise very low BMR and keep losing fat while eating a lot of clean food required for the lifts. It's spinning, not very hard, usually at 140BPM HR zone.

I am 50lbs down so far, lean mass has increased slightly meanwhile so it's working, however for most people, I think they would get away easier. I have still 30lbs to shed to be at sub-15% BF.

Seems a bit excessive to me too. And what's with the extra lifting day on tuesday? That makes is three lifting days in a row.

Well spotted, my main lift days are M/W/F because my PT works only on weekdays, and this one is something soial I do with a work mate for fun. Core, biceps and other stuff that should not mess up my SS too much, however if my recovery gets compromised and I can't add i every session it will need to go.

I'm definitely down with Worse FitGAF, and long arms suck, making the deadlift easier doesn't make up for making pullups, bench, dips, OHP and curls harder.

Try long arms with long legs, in addition to all that being harder also squats take an absolute eternity to parallel. Like you say, deadlifts are the only one where long limbers can shine.

Oh well, have to play with what nature gave me. I saw a guy with my physique yesterday who was strong as a bull and crazy fast on the running track due to all that muscle being stretced out on a very lean tall body.

Davidion

Hope you feel better!

I had my first ever? dislocated ribs this year. The doctor who did my adjustment made it seem so easy. Putting ribs back in-place is no big deal :p Just feels like a deep (hard) massage. Dat relief once it's put back though is wonderful.

I dislocated the ribs the 2nd time by disobeying doctor's order to re frame from exercising :tisk tisk: lol

A physical therapist coworker put tape on my back days before my 2nd adjustment. My back/ribs was feeling pretty uncomfortable so she tried to help me.

Stealth back picture (a month late)

Edit: Not flexing my back muscles. ha

Ha, thanks. There's a little soreness and not much else this morning, so I think I got away with it. Now to not aggravate it for a week or so.

They are very far apart, morning cardio is at 7AM and afternoon lifting at 5PM, so there should be good time to recover. I have figured that amount of cardio is required for me personally to fire up my otherwise very low BMR and keep losing fat while eating a lot of clean food required for the lifts. It's spinning, not very hard, usually at 140BPM HR zone.

Yeah most advice I hear re: cardio after lifting has to do with scaling up heart rate, and wouldn't apply to a split morning/afternoon routine.

Ekdrm2d1

Weird angle calve shot incoming:

mVQVFNP.jpg

Awesome! Now we should have a "post your calves" :p

The bathtub picture I posted wasn't that good as I was in bubbles and drunk :p
I love my calves and often get complimented how big they are.

Edit:
Ha, thanks. There's a little soreness and not much else this morning, so I think I got away with it. Now to not aggravate it for a week or so.

Yeah most advice I hear re: cardio after lifting has to do with scaling up heart rate, and wouldn't apply to a split morning/afternoon routine.

Glad to hear.

blackflag

Good grief, I squated 2x335 after my 2nd time back squating from 2 months off. Can barely move 2 days later. It wasn't so bad yesterday.

Proof that squats work you like no other. During that whole time off from squatting I was Leg pressing 12x 810 for 4 sets plus whatever the machine weighed without the plates. Never got sore. It did help keep my str though apparently.

abuC

Good grief, I squated 2x335 after my 2nd time back squating from 2 months off. Can barely move 2 days later. It wasn't so bad yesterday.

Proof that squats work you like no other. During that whole time off from squatting I was Leg pressing 12x 810 for 4 sets plus whatever the machine weighed without the plates. Never got sore. It did help keep my str though apparently.

I hate squats, they're effective but they make you question why you're even lifting!

Darren870

So the only supplements I take is a multivitamin and protein. I was taking creatine but stopped as it wasn't sitting well this last round. Oddly since I have taking it plenty of times before.

Anyways, what other supplements do you guys suggest? I am trying to get my diet under control and cut more. I've cut back on the fruit by a ton.

So breakfast is usually eggs (2) with cottage cheese and some fruit.
Lunch is Chicken Breast with 2-3 cups mixed veggies.
Dinner.. Always varies, but I try to cut back on the carbs.

Besides that I have 3-4 protein scoops a day of ON. And snacks like almonds and such.

Is there certain supplements I should get to make sure I am getting enough of my other nutrients. Stuff like fiber and iron etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom