• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT5| Intermittent Farting, Wrist Curls and Hammer Strength Machine Spotters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Anyone good with Photoshop?

I kind of want this to be my avatar now, but with Dave Tate's head on the main guy, and power axe replaced with a barbell.

40kkhorne01.jpg

Would probably look like ass though. :(

Pete Rock

yeah buddy. can't wait till next week where I will be squatting with rugby shorts. MAN MODE BABY.
Soffes and squats for days

Had to bug a random decline guy for bench spot last week, he says "I don't know how you get so motivated to squat every time, you must be high"

On dem endorphins brah

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I'll check out OP. Seems very low rep.

On another note anyone ever read this book?
http://www.amazon.com/dp/0684857219/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Looks pretty cool.

Listen my child. At a time like this, we need to be knocked upside the head and get learn't.

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/most_recent/2_big_mistakes

Talking about supplements, I came across this article today by John Kiefer (CBL):

http://athlete.io/524/the-secret-of-leucine/

Interesting.

Hah, I can try. Not making any promises though!

Sweet! Dave Tate with his hood up would probably work pretty well.

agrajag

Banned
Ok, so I've decided I hate the Banana Muffin Quest bar. I gave it a fair shake, but I just don't dig the taste. Wish I bought more Vanilla Almond Crunches.

abuC

Side note, if you guys wanna know how to build monster traps, go to Prison. Even the guys who don't even work out have fucking traps. It's unreal. Also, these guys respect people who lift. Dudes come up to me all the time trying to talk training stuff.

Sometimes I really wanna get into a conversation, but I keep that shit to a minimum. I bet there's some stuff I could actually learn from these bigger guys.

Do they have free weights? I've seen some TV specials and some prisons don't have free weights anymore and these guys still look like Hercules.

agrajag

Banned
Squats make me feel like a puny weakling (I am). Can you imagine what Atlas would feel like? Deadlifts are way more of an empowering lift for me, heh.

abuC

Definitely doing that now. Feel like i'm not recovering but I haven't really been eating much this week. Probably part of the reason.

The day after squats are just so awful most of the time.

If Squats died in a car accident, I'd say "Fuck him, he deserved it" but secretly I'd be sad.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I may have just made a huge mistake. I just took GTE (green tea extract) only about 2 hours after drinking my spike energy.
Perhaps I am already dead.
Do they have free weights? I've seen some TV specials and some prisons don't have free weights anymore and these guys still look like Hercules.

Ours is one of the few Fed joints that does. They even have chains.

agrajag

Banned

Why do they let inmates work out with weights? I don't know about you guys, but I don't want prisoners to be all jacked up. I say they should open Planet Fitness in prisons and make them do all cardio.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Why do they let inmates work out with weights? I don't know about you guys, but I don't want prisoners to be all jacked up. I say they should open Planet Fitness in prisons and make them do all cardio.

Because if you give an inmate something to do, they aren't bothering you.

Also, if they work out, they come back tired and go to fucking sleep.

Plus not all of the COs are tubs of shit and a lot of us are combat vets.

From my limited experience the inmates that lift weights are actually the more well behaved ones too.

agrajag

Banned
Because if you give an inmate something to do, they aren't bothering you.

Also, if they work out, they come back tired and go to fucking sleep.

Plus not all of the COs are tubs of shit and a lot of us are combat vets.

Fair enough. I'd feel very secure and like I could sleep safe at night if most of the CO's were like you ;)

abuC

Damn that is crazy, if I were a low level broke Body builder I'd go to prison for a year.

Even without weights these guys come out like superman a lot of the time. I saw a special once and the guys were doing inverted rows hanging off the ceiling, squats with their cellmates on their shoulders all types of crazy shit. Life uhhh finds a way.

agrajag

Banned
Damn that is crazy, if I were a low level broke Body builder I'd go to prison for a year.

Even without weights these guys come out like superman a lot of the time. I saw a special once and the guys were doing inverted rows hanging off the ceiling, squats with their cellmates on their shoulders all types of crazy shit.

Yeah, I saw some stuff on Youtube about their workouts too. They get really creative with their workouts. Kind of inspiring, their dedication to fitness is.

Deadlift PRs are awesome, aren't they?

Hell yeah! My favorite lift by far. And I also scraped my shins deadlifting for the first time today, I feel like a big boy now :)

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun

Even without weights these guys come out like superman a lot of the time. I saw a special once and the guys were doing inverted rows hanging off the ceiling, squats with their cellmates on their shoulders all types of crazy shit.

This, when I go into cells to talk to some of the guys a lot of them are doing what they can in their cells including tricep kickbacks with laundry bags full of food/other shit.

The shit these guys come up with (beyond even lifting) is ingenious. And it's been passed down through the years. It's like a whole other world.

This, when I go into cells to talk to some of the guys a lot of them are doing what they can in their cells including tricep kickbacks with laundry bags full of food/other shit.

The shit these guys come up with (beyond even lifting) is ingenious. And it's been passed down through the years. It's like a whole other world.

You need to take notes and write a book man.
GOLDMINE

Cudder

Been feeling really laaaazy this week. Missed my workout yesterday (going to have to do it today). I felt I had a pretty bad chest workout on Monday, but I actually did 1 more rep on the DB bench press to get 90x6, so I guess it wasn't all that bad.

If you happen to do 1 more rep on a given exercise, or pack on even 2.5lbs to what you did last week, do you guys feel that is enough to qualify it as a "successful" workout?

SeanR1221

How about a book on everyday lifting?

IE at the grocery store don't use a cart, load everything into a basket. Boom. Farmers walks.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Been feeling really laaaazy this week. Missed my workout yesterday (going to have to do it today). I felt I had a pretty bad chest workout on Monday, but I actually did 1 more rep on the DB bench press to get 90x6, so I guess it wasn't all that bad.

If you happen to do 1 more rep on a given exercise, or pack on even 2.5lbs to what you did last week, do you guys feel that is enough to qualify it as a "successful" workout?

Uh, yeah.

IE at the grocery store don't use a cart, load everything into a basket. Boom. Farmers walks.

More like shopper's walks amirite?

despire

Here are some first drafts Shogun! Though I need to modify them somehow since they don't look like anything in avatar size. Maybe I need to make Dave's head bigger :)

KhiGhb7.jpg

YcXXb06.jpg

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination

Any particular impressive individuals you can recount for us?

agrajag

Banned

Am I the only one that does the following? Every time I go grocery shopping, when I get home, I take all of the bags at the same time (fuck making two trips) and farmer walk to my home. I also do that when I check out: "sir, are you sure you don't want the cart?" "Keep calm, I got this, lady."

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
It's. It's amazing. Thanks Despire!

Not sure I follow.

Sorry. What I mean is are there any really impressive dudes there who you might even look up to (in terms of the gym, of course)? Any crazy bench records, squat records, etc.?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Sorry. What I mean is are there any really impressive dudes there who you might even look up to (in terms of the gym, of course)? Any crazy bench records, squat records, etc.?

There's this one dude that came up to me and said before he got locked up he had crazy numbers (700lb dead, 400+bench, 500+squat) but he's a bit weaker now, but looking at him you can tell he's still a beast. I told him when he gets out he should focus on competing, but I'm pretty sure he's affiliated (gang) so that's probably out for him anyway.

I talked a bit with Alienshogun and I'm recovering from having a lower back injury many months back.

Finally feels great to finally squat 135 lbs again! I know this is weak-sauce compared to many of you but it's a big accomplishment.

I just honestly think barbell training coupled with some isolation exercises have honestly made my overall posture better, and feeling like a million bucks.

Thanks for the inspiration all, keep doing what you're doing so I can eventually get there someday!

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I talked a bit with Alienshogun and I'm recovering from having a lower back injury many months back.

Finally feels great to finally squat 135 lbs again! I know this is weak-sauce compared to many of you but it's a big accomplishment.

I just honestly think barbell training coupled with some isolation exercises have honestly made my overall posture better, and feeling like a million bucks.

Thanks for the inspiration all, keep doing what you're doing so I can eventually get there someday!

Strength is relative, just don't get in a rush. Slow and steady and you will be a strong mofo in your own time. Never lose sight of your own goal and don't get side tracked with bullshit.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Wonder how much stronger inmates could get if they were being provided a particular diet.

agrajag

Banned

awesome dude, keep at it! I have some of the lowest numbers here, but when i progress it gives me the jollies! Glad your back is fine!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

ANY exercise where I put up bigger numbers than before is extra successful. No matter how small the increase, an increase is an increase.

Honestly just showing up and doing what you did last week is successful enough for a lot of people, but I always try to get an extra number somewhere in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom