• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT5| Intermittent Farting, Wrist Curls and Hammer Strength Machine Spotters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who wants to join me to do some calf raises?

donkey-calf-raises-o.gif

If not, I will just do some leg/core workouts by myself.

ilEGaR6qBu1zv.gif

abuC

Trying to convince myself to go do car pushes later, there's a battle between laziness and "Do it bro" being waged within me right now.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Trying to convince myself to go do car pushes later, there's a battle between laziness and "Do it bro" being waged within me right now.

Do it bro. That car isn't going to move itself
it will actually but fuck it, go push that shit

Zozobra

Hey everyone,

Does anyone have any experience with Lyle McDonald's 'Rapid Fat Loss Diet'?

I go to the gym about 4 time a week to do weight training, nothing super intense. I'm a pretty lean guy, I lost about 70 pounds doing Atkins and starting to exercise roughly 10 years ago; however, I have some stubborn fat around my midsection that's just never gone away. I suspect it's because of my diet, not that I eat badly, but I just eat too much and I was considering trying out this diet to see if I could lose it quickly.

I'd like to be able to continue my workouts, but the book info on his site doesn't really delve into what kind of training one can do while on the diet. Any information would be appreciated.

I want to punch whoever put a punching bag in the "pit" (area at my gym with squat rack/power rack/leg shit). Today 3 bros would do a set and then go over and do leg kicks on the bag which sound more impressive than they really are. Any ape can throw his leg at something and make a loud noise. Fucking distracting though.

Hey everyone,

Does anyone have any experience with Lyle McDonald's 'Rapid Fat Loss Diet'?

I go to the gym about 4 time a week to do weight training, nothing super intense. I'm a pretty lean guy, I lost about 70 pounds doing Atkins and starting to exercise roughly 10 years ago; however, I have some stubborn fat around my midsection that's just never gone away. I suspect it's because of my diet, not that I eat badly, but I just eat too much and I was considering trying out this diet to see if I could lose it quickly.

I'd like to be able to continue my workouts, but the book info on his site doesn't really delve into what kind of training one can do while on the diet. Any information would be appreciated.

A couple of us are on Keto (Atkins for men) and it's variants. Carb nite is popular for fat loss while lifting, as is Carb Back loading which is more geared towards gains than fat loss.

Darren870

A couple of us are on Keto (Atkins for men) and it's variants. Carb nite is popular for fat loss while lifting, as is Carb Back loading which is more geared towards gains than fat loss.

Is there any online docs on Carb Nite, Carb Backloading and other Keto variants?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Can I get a form check?

315x5 deadlifts

http://youtu.be/h_K-_08bVhw

Very bad angle. Also, next time lay the phone on its side.

I'd personally let the weight rest between sets, the way you're doing it you're bouncing it off the ground. Your back also seems pretty unstable, but that could be your back catching up to the "bounce" another reason I'd drop the "bounced reps."

Your lower back looked fine, but the bar looked pretty far forward of your foot. It's nearly impossible to tell how your stance is.

Edit: It also looks like you're not completely bringing your hips through at the top of the rep sometimes.

SeanR1221

Very bad angle. Also, next time lay the phone on its side.

I'd personally let the weight rest between sets, the way you're doing it you're bouncing it off the ground. Your back also seems pretty unstable, but that could be your back catching up to the "bounce" another reason I'd drop the "bounced reps."

Your lower back looked fine, but the bar looked pretty far forward of your foot. It's nearly impossible to tell how your stance is.

Yeah unfortunately the squat rack was taken up so I was deadlifting in a corner. The barbell had about 10 inches of clearance on each side :/

Makes sense about the "bounce." So basically when the barbell comes down, do you basically just give a count of 1 and lift again?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Yeah unfortunately the squat rack was taken up so I was deadlifting in a corner. The barbell had about 10 inches of clearance on each side :/

Makes sense about the "bounce." So basically when the barbell comes down, do you basically just give a count of 1 and lift again?

Yep, when it hits I let it rest for a second (unless I need a rest myself) then go again. This lets me keep my form tight and ensures there's no "bounce" of the bar which is cheating my reps.

Zozobra

Cool, thanks for the suggestions. I will read up on Carb Nite.

Does that Rapid Fat Loss diet fall under one of these same categories?

abuC

Just got back from car pushes, did 6x100m today, if anyone has a large parking lot near them I really recommend doing them.

Almost threw up again, I need to stop eating before I do these goddamn things.

Ok, so I've been looking around the internet for the best NCAA legal supplements for track guys. The three most common I came across were Creatine, Beta-Alanine, and Citrulline Malate. Anyone here have any experience taking these? I'd imagine Craetine and Beta-Alanine would be the most common. From my small amount of research I gathered that these would probably be the best for me as a 400 meter runner

rando14

Just got back from car pushes, did 6x100m today, if anyone has a large parking lot near them I really recommend doing them.

Almost threw up again, I need to stop eating before I do these goddamn things.

Have you tried using a prowler? That shit is incredible

Ok, so I've been looking around the internet for the best NCAA legal supplements for track guys. The three most common I came across were Creatine, Beta-Alanine, and Citrulline Malate. Anyone here have any experience taking these? I'd imagine Craetine and Beta-Alanine would be the most common. From my small amount of research I gathered that these would probably be the best for me as a 400 meter runner

I take all three and I highly recommend all of them.

Taking Beta-Alanine will make you very tingly. This goes away after 20 minutes. As your body starts to get more and more used to it, the tingly feeling will eventually just go away.

I take all three and I highly recommend all of them.

Taking Beta-Alanine will make you very tingly. This goes away after 20 minutes. As your body starts to get more and more used to it, the tingly feeling will eventually just go away.

I take Mega Men Sport vitamins now, and just found out it actually contains Beta-Alanine, but it doesn't say how much. Probably not nearly as much as I would get directly from taking it.

But yea, I think I'll definitely try taking all three. Where do you get your Citrulline Malate from?

sphinx

the piano man
proabably a weird thing to talk about but...

have you guys tried to lift your significant others military press style? I just saw a pic of a guy lifting his girl and I thought it was very cute, sweet and romantic, it didn't look like he was lifting a thing, she was actually in a comfortable position like she is a queen and the guy looked like he was the happiest guy on earth, like he would lift her higher if he could, just to show how much he loves her (my interpretation there, obviously).

it's probably some moronic thing but I liked it...

I take Mega Men Sport vitamins now, and just found out it actually contains Beta-Alanine, but it doesn't say how much. Probably not nearly as much as I would get directly from taking it.

But yea, I think I'll definitely try taking all three. Where do you get your Citrulline Malate from?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0017KU74Q/?tag=neogaf0e-20

http://www.amazon.com/dp/PRIMAFORCE/?tag=neogaf0e-20

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008MWPUOO/?tag=neogaf0e-20 - comes with "free" BA (an extra 6 bux or so)

agrajag

Banned

have you guys tried to lift your significant others military press style? I just saw a pic of a guy lifting his girl and I thought it was very cute, sweet and romantic, it didn't look like he was lifting a thing, she was actually in a comfortable position like she is a queen and the guy looked like he was the happiest guy on earth, like he would lift her higher if he could, just to show how much he loves her (my interpretation there, obviously).

Nah, I'm too weak.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

You're gettin soft Sphinx! All mushy and stuff!

That's one reason why I chase targets under 5'7. Being able to pick em up and toss em around is key. NOT IN A BAD WAY

sphinx

the piano man
Nah, I'm too weak.

I am single and a little too small to attempt such a thing but it must feel incredible to lift your partner like that, like I said, it's so romantic. To hold your beloved one above you, a sign of support and symbol that if everything fails, you'll be there to carry them.

*aaaahhh
*sigh

Oh my, I'm 5'7" big boy, wanna OHP me? *bats eyelashes*

EXCUSE ME?? I knew Sunflower long before he even started posting here and I am 5'4,, I win... so shoo, go away
lol XD

agrajag

Banned
I am single and a little too small to attempt such a thing but it must feel incredible to lift your partner like that, like I said, it's so romantic. To hold your beloved one above you, a sign of support and symbol that if everything fails, you'll be there to carry them.

*aaaahhh
*sigh

I reckon it's much harder to lift a person than a barbell of the same weight.

Now deadlifting, I could probably deadlift a pretty heavy person if I attached some handles to their body or something.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

*aaaahhh
*sigh

EXCUSE ME?? I knew Sunflower long before he even started posting here and I am 5'4,, I win... so shoo, go away
lol

Lemme put it this way - sure you can get em up, but it's not always easy bringin em back down to earth.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Man, I'd feel insane if I were anywhere close to 200. I've lost a good amount of weight but I'm still at like 250 and it's time to BULK. I can't even imagine all the crazy shit I could do at <200 lbs. Like fit in between clothing racks at stores. Squeeze past people. Sometimes being a big lummox just ain't fun, the world's not made for people like me. Car shopping...ugh...

Noema

I'll check out OP. Seems very low rep.

On this program you are adding weight to the bar to every lift every session.

Trust me when I say that if you do the program correctly you'll be thankful it's only 5 reps. After 10 or 12 weeks Squats alone will take you over 30 minutes.

Man, I'd feel insane if I were anywhere close to 200. I've lost a good amount of weight but I'm still at like 250 and it's time to BULK. I can't even imagine all the crazy shit I could do at <200 lbs. Like fit in between clothing racks at stores. Squeeze past people. Sometimes being a big lummox just ain't fun, the world's not made for people like me. Car shopping...ugh...

You are like 6'7" right? That's really freaking tall.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
I was talking to a co-worker today about fasting and suddenly an overweight woman chimes in and informs me how unhealthy it is and that breakfast should never be missed. This type of situation happens often to me when I discuss my eating habits. We have a long way to go reversing the attitudes regarding when and what to eat in this country.

rando14

I was talking to a co-worker today about fasting and suddenly an overweight woman chimes in and informs me how unhealthy it is and that breakfast should never be missed. This type of situation happens often to me when I discuss my eating habits. We have a long way to go reversing the attitudes regarding when and what to eat in this country.

Ugh, I can't tell you how many patients I've heard raving about juice-only diets.

So much ignorance... and sugar ;_;

abuC

I ate like my life depended on it today

Breakfast -
5 scrambled eggs, turkey bacon, whole wheat toast, belgian waffle & oatmeal

Snack - Quest bar

Lunch -
Everything bagel + chicken salad / lettuce & tomato

Snack - Yogurt/protein shake

Dinner

16oz steak + corn on the cob

I'm going to have another quest bar and protein shake later too, I was even thinking of getting two small burritos. I had a great back workout yesterday and I woke up this morning starving. Back to fasting tomorrow!

abuC

I get that too, people tell me I'm going to pass out in the gym and have no energy.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You are like 6'7" right? That's really freaking tall.

I would say it's hell but I can't lie, reaching shit on the top shelf is pretty dope.

Ugh, I can't tell you how many patients I've heard raving about juice-only diets.

So much ignorance... and sugar ;_;

It wouldn't be so bad if they weren't so resistant to listening and learning. I get so many handwaves and "Oh well I'm gonna just stick with what works for me" as they spend 6 months trying to lose 5 lbs. Or say your eating plan is "some crazy diet" - goddammit people! It's not crazy! You're letting advertisements rule your life!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom