• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT5| Intermittent Farting, Wrist Curls and Hammer Strength Machine Spotters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noema

I don't know how much Bane can bench but when Batman was on the stuff he was Clean and Jerking 600kg+ like it was nothing IIRC.

Captain America is supposedly able to bench 1000lb with the Supersoldier serum so you might be onto something. ;)

jdavid459

frontstiffupload.jpg

BackStiff.jpg

backFlex.jpg

frontflexupload.jpg

This is where I'm at. Wanted to get your thoughts on were I stand bf % wise if anyone is good at telling that...Also are you in agreement that I should cut (then bulk) first based on these shots? Be easy haha, this temple is a work in progress.

Thanks!

SeanR1221

This is where I'm at. Wanted to get your thoughts on were I stand bf % wise if anyone is good at telling that...Also are you in agreement that I should cut (then bulk) first based on these shots? Be easy haha, this temple is a work in progress.

Thanks!

I'd just eat a good diet, get plenty of protein and lift heavy with the beginner program.

abuC

Those power crunch bars are pretty tasty, the chocolate one is really good.

Just had a 16oz steak, how much protein is typically in them?

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Thanks, I've had 190g-200g of protein today, and still have my 2 scoops of whey and a Quest bar to go, will take me over 260 and that's just with 2 actual meals.

I've been eating a lot of steaks lately, could explain the small bump in strength.
Most likely that is the main reason. I'm jealous! Wish I was eating a lot of steak. I've been eating a lot of frozen tilapia. Blah...

ToxicAdam

What's the best way to do fish? Pan, oven or grill?

Whenever I do grill, it's too dry. Whenever I do oven it's too oily. Never tried pan.

Usually I cook white fish. Cod, orange roughy, tilapia.

Thanks, I've had 190g-200g of protein today, and still have my 2 scoops of whey and a Quest bar to go, will take me over 260 and that's just with 2 actual meals.

I've been eating a lot of steaks lately, could explain the small bump in strength.

I been learning how to pan sear steaks and then popping them in the oven. It is amazing how much better they are this way.

SeanR1221

Whenever I do grill, it's too dry. Whenever I do oven it's too oily. Never tried pan.

I always grill, but I use a fish basket.

Usually some old bay and olive oil. Never comes out dry for me.

ezrarh

I grill on a cast iron skillet and it turns out well for me. I mostly cook salmon for fish though. Tilapia is blah and lacking of any flavor. I avoid buying it and almost never have had good results with them at restaurants.

ToxicAdam

That's why I only like the white fishes. They kind of assume the flavor of whatever you add to them.

I always grill, but I use a fish basket.

Usually some old bay and olive oil. Never comes out dry for me.

I'll have to look into getting a basket.

abuC

Most likely that is the main reason. I'm jealous! Wish I was eating a lot of steak. I've been eating a lot of frozen tilapia. Blah...

I really don't like fish that much, the only type I will eat is tuna, outside of that I don't know why I've grown to dislike it. Especially since it has such high protein.

I been learning how to pan sear steaks and then popping them in the oven. It is amazing how much better they are this way.

I'll have to try that, I just threw it on a foreman grill.

I really don't like fish that much, the only type I will eat is tuna, outside of that I don't know why I've grown to dislike it. Especially since it has such high protein.

I'll have to try that, I just threw it on a foreman grill.

Invest in a cast iron skillet. You won't regret it at all.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm alive, feeling really messed up about the death toll, and trying to figure out if I'm useful to volunteer. I just can't wrap my head around it. Went to the gym at like 9pm, it was packed full of people who were just zoned out watching the news and doing cardio. And one dude lifting freeweights going "oh...fuck yes...fuck yes" the whole time so I smashed my set and left early. I can't even wrap my head around all these dead children. I just can't. I'm going to go lie down.

Thanks for the concern though fellas, I appreciate it. Tomorrow's another day of high risk stuff but I can't see it topping today.

abuC

I'm alive, feeling really messed up about the death toll, and trying to figure out if I'm useful to volunteer. I just can't wrap my head around it. Went to the gym at like 9pm, it was packed full of people who were just zoned out watching the news and doing cardio. And one dude lifting freeweights going "oh...fuck yes...fuck yes" the whole time so I smashed my set and left early. I can't even wrap my head around all these dead children. I just can't. I'm going to go lie down.

Thanks for the concern though fellas, I appreciate it. Tomorrow's another day of high risk stuff but I can't see it topping today.

Glad you're ok broski, keep your head up.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
There is something about successfully completing your squat sets that actually boosts your energy and confidence for the rest of your entire workout. At least that's the case for me. It's like once I nail my squats that day, everything else is cake.

ZeroRay

Me too. Squats are generally the hardest thing to do for most people so getting that out of the way makes me feel like the rest of my lifts ain't gonna be shit.

I feel like a failure if I can't finish my sets, but feel like a damn champ if I do.

Noema

There is something about successfully completing your squat sets that actually boosts your energy and confidence for the rest of your entire workout. At least that's the case for me. It's like once I nail my squats that day, everything else is cake.

Me too. Squats are generally the hardest thing to do for most people so getting that out of the way makes me feel like the rest of my lifts ain't gonna be shit.

I feel like a failure if I can't finish my sets, but feel like a damn champ if I do.

And that's why I do them on Monday. :D

I mean I do Squats on Wednesday too but that's assistance work / volume. More reps but never heavier than 85% of my 1RM. Monday is when I do the scary ones.

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
And that's why I do them on Monday. :D

I mean I do Squats on Wednesday too but that's assistance work / volume. More reps but never heavier than 85% of my 1RM. Monday is when I do the scary ones.

5/3/1? I'm doing Texas Method, which sometimes makes me want to curl up into a ball, but seeing as I have this really handy knack of unlearning the squat if I'm not doing it three times a week it's for the best. 5x5 for volume on Monday, 2x5 (or FS 3x3) for recovery on Wednesday and 1x5 for intensity on Friday. The program puts deadlifts on Monday by default, but that can go burn in the same hell as my shitty work capacity.

Chittagong

Gold Member
I will after my cut, not shy but there's a little more work to be done.

For now, left is from October 2008 or 09, and right is from March 2012.

Amazing transformation. Very encouraging to see you manage to lose weight while improving your lifts, that's exactly what I am trying to do

You guys know anyway to make rice more interesting? Ive looked at store sauces and the sugar and sodium content are insane!

I tried making my own with some olive oil, paprika and garlic. Wont be doing that again.

I've tried chopping up bits of pineapple into it which helps with moisture but its still a little dry.

mehdi_san

You guys know anyway to make rice more interesting? Ive looked at store sauces and the sugar and sodium content are insane!

I tried making my own with some olive oil, paprika and garlic. Wont be doing that again.

I've tried chopping up bits of pineapple into it which helps with moisture but its still a little dry.
Add some Japanese furikake, if you can find some?

dejay

Banned

I used to take a small bowl of cooked rice to work every day, empty a small can of tuna into it, crack an egg into it, mix it a bit and cook it in the microwave until the egg cooked. I changed the flavour of the tuna to mix it up.

Add some Japanese furikake, if you can find some?

I'll look into this. It doesn't smell like fish though does it? Fish seriously makes me gag.

I used to take a small bowl of cooked rice to work every day, empty a small can of tuna into it, crack an egg into it, mix it a bit and cook it in the microwave until the egg cooked. I changed the flavour of the tuna to mix it up.

I had thought about making egg fried rice. Not a fan of nuking things though.

Currently going dry with pineapple and just used a teaspoon amount of sauce.It doesnt coat the rice and i can barely taste it but it goes down a hell of a lot easier.

Szu

Thanks!

Welcome to the party. You shouldn't worrying about cutting right now. I agree with Sean. Eat well and keep building the foundation for your temple.

Detox

I'm doing Wednesday of the OP's workout tomorrow and was curious if people could give pointers on overhead press and power cleans. I'm guessing the press in Starting Strength is the same as overhead press, am I assuming correctly? Also despite reading the chapter on power cleans a couple of times I'm still not sure how to perform them, do you guys have any tips / videos?

Are there any negative effects for consuming regular WHEY for months or is it safe?

I've been having one or two scoops a day for the last couple of months and I think I will all summer.

Should I stop using it at some point?

This is what I have been using.

pGNC1-3145314dt.jpg

Are there any negative effects for consuming regular WHEY for months or is it safe?

I've been having one or two scoops a day for the last couple of months and I think I will all summer.

Should I stop using it at some point?

This is what I have been using.

pGNC1-3145314dt.jpg

Ive been using that except the toffee caramel sundae flavour. Had to switch to a higher carb shake for a cut though.

I've never heard bad things about extended periods of whey. Just dont have too much in a day or youll get constipated.

Giggzy

What type of body can you achieve with just your own body weight exercises(pushups, crunches, squats, pull ups etc..) mixed with cardio? I'm going after that lean soccer body look. Is this all I need to do to get to that goal? I have no desire or want to get huge, just lean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom