• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT5| Intermittent Farting, Wrist Curls and Hammer Strength Machine Spotters

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I like hand sandwiches. 1/3 lb of deli meat (usually turkey), wrapped in a slice of cheese, with a squirt of a condiment in the middle. Quick and easy. 30-35 grams of protein.

I do that ish too. I use two slices of cheese as bread, fill it with meats. Bimp. My breakfast for the past few months!

Noema

Son is in a room with my wife. I came home to get some sleep and recover since my back is pretty messed up from yesterday's session. He's eating and stuff so everything is on track to get him home tomorrow.

So glad this shit is done, now for the recovery.

Thanks for all the support gents.

That's good to hear!

Is it wrong that there's this cute woman that works at GNC that I go to, but I'm only thinking of talking to her because I want a discount. She flirts with me whenever I'm there, but I'm not interested in having any relationships, except for those that include me paying less for protein and quest bars.

No it is not wrong.

Get your discounts.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
That puts you in the neighborhood of about 180lb for a 1RM. Getting close to dat BW OHP (if not already there).

A BW OHP is no joke
Speaking of OHP, it's my day today. Gonna attempt 225 tonight! When I got 215 a few weeks ago it was tough. Should be interesting.

Picked up some ridiculous peanut butter at GNC. Contains some flax seed and soy protein isolate.

Calories 440
Fat 44g

Serving size 5 tbps lol

Had only 1 tbps. 5 is fucking overkill, but boy did I get a great pump today. Taste is pretty epic too

grumble

Is it wrong that there's this cute woman that works at GNC that I go to, but I'm only thinking of talking to her because I want a discount. She flirts with me whenever I'm there, but I'm not interested in having any relationships, except for those that include me paying less for protein and quest bars.

Maybe she's just flirting with you to buy more and more expensive protein and bars

I'm still a bit shy about posting a shirtless picture so here goes a progress pic from the gym this morning...
sEQnu9O.jpg

abuC

Hit a 325 squat, failed 335.

Going into 5/3/1 with these as my 1rm

Squat- 325
Deadlift- 375
Bench- 205
Press- 135

Great work, I support any and all people named Sean, since that's my middle name.

No it is not wrong.

Get your discounts.

I think I just may.

Maybe she's just flirting with you to buy more and more expensive protein and bars

Maybe but I rarely flirt back, she's asked me if I had a girlfriend or was married. I'm too busy making eyes at those cookie dough Quest bars.

Noema

Speaking of OHP, it's my day today. Gonna attempt 225 tonight! When I got 215 a few weeks ago it was tough. Should be interesting.

Yes but you don't count because we know you are on dat Red Bull. ;)

225lb OHP is badass

Anyone want to check my DL form. I feel its been off lately.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vt9gF0HFYpE

Cheers.

The video is set to private :(

And speaking of deadlifts, my back doesn't feel as bad as I feared. I definitely tweaked it, but it's manageable. Not pulling the final heavy set was definitely a good move.

I think I'm gonna skip next week's deadlifts just to be safe, and I'll repeat the cycle the week after. Depending on how I feel I might shuffle my training around so I do 531 Bench on Monday and 531 Squats on Wednesday to give my back a bit longet to recover.

bro1

Banned
That puts you in the neighborhood of about 180lb for a 1RM. Getting close to dat BW OHP (if not already there).

A BW OHP is no joke

I was dying at 155! I can't imagaine doing 180 but I will try next shoulder day. I really have to attack the bar on the first rep to get it going. Then I can push them out and get that drive.

Noema

I was dying at 155! I can't imagaine doing 180 but I will try next shoulder day. I really have to attack the bar on the first rep to get it going. Then I can push them out and get that drive.

Yeah, the first rep is usually the hardest since it has no 'bounce' from the eccentric part of the movement.

I was using the old formula (155*0.0333*5)+155=180.8lb :) How accurate it is depends on the individual but it definitely puts you in the ballpark.

Darren870

Yes but you don't count because we know you are on dat Red Bull. ;)

225lb OHP is badass

The video is set to private :(

And speaking of deadlifts, my back doesn't feel as bad as I feared. I definitely tweaked it, but it's manageable. Not pulling the final heavy set was definitely a good move.

I think I'm gonna skip next week's deadlifts just to be safe, and I'll repeat the cycle the week after. Depending on how I feel I might shuffle my training around so I do 531 Bench on Monday and 531 Squats on Wednesday to give my back a bit longet to recover.

Opps..Fixed!

SeanR1221

Great work, I support any and all people named Sean, since that's my middle name.

I think I just may.

Maybe but I rarely flirt back, she's asked me if I had a girlfriend or was married. I'm too busy making eyes at those cookie dough Quest bars.

You could date her just for the quest bars.

I once (briefly) dated a girl in college for free Chinese food. She brought me sesame chicken every time she came from work.

God she was annoying.

Ekdrm2d1

Son is in a room with my wife. I came home to get some sleep and recover since my back is pretty messed up from yesterday's session. He's eating and stuff so everything is on track to get him home tomorrow.

So glad this shit is done, now for the recovery.

Thanks for all the support gents.

Glad to hear! :)

Noema

Anyone want to check my DL form. I feel its been off lately.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vt9gF0HFYpE

Cheers.

The angle is not great (it'd be better from the side) but they look good.

I'd try to keep the bar closer to my legs. In some reps it looked like you were shoving it forward a bit when lowering the weight. You have to use your lats to consciously make sure that the bar travels on a vertical path.

The hyperextension you are doing at the top is quite exaggerated. It's not necessary. Just lock out your knees and hips at the top.

And get a real belt ;)

Introduced my wife to the main SS lifts today at the gym. Pretty cool seeing her go from "no way am I getting that bar out of the rack" to squatting 75 lbs in the space of 15 min.

Darren870

The angle is not great (it'd be better from the side) but they look good.

I'd try to keep the bar closer to my legs. In some reps it looked like you were shoving it forward a bit when lowering the weight. You have to use your lats to consciously make sure that the bar travels on a vertical path.

The hyperextension you are doing at the top is quite exaggerated. It's not necessary. Just lock out your knees and hips at the top.

And get a real belt ;)

Yea, I've had that problem. I don't scrape up my shins as much as others. So its not as close to my legs like you said. I've been trying to correct that.

I'll try and get another video next week from the side. Oh and look into the belt :)

What is everyones opinion on Sumo Deadlifts? Used to do them but have been doing conventional lately. Might go back or switch it up a bit.

Noema

What is everyones opinion on Sumo Deadlifts? Used to do them but have been doing conventional lately. Might go back or switch it up a bit.

Sumo Deadlifts are desirable for certain individuals with a certain type of proportions (long torso, short limbs; usually good squatters but poor deadlifters) because they'd allow them to move mroe weight.

Since you are a novice, it is your best interest to get strong, and for that purpose, conventional deadlifts are simply better: not only do they have a longer ROM; they also utilize (and therefore train) more muscle mass. Stick with conventional deadlifts and get good at them. Don't do things just for the sake of "switching things up". Get to a 455lb+ conventional Deadlift first.

Darren870

Sumo Deadlifts are desirable for certain individuals with a certain type of proportions (long torso, short limbs; usually good squatters but poor deadlifters) because they'd allow them to move mroe weight.

Since you are a novice, it is your best interest to get strong, and for that purpose, conventional deadlifts are simply better: not only do they have a longer ROM; they also utilize (and therefore train) more muscle mass. Stick with conventional deadlifts and get good at them. Don't do things just for the sake of "switching things up". Get to a 455lb+ conventional Deadlift first.

Fair enough and makes sense. 5 or so years ago when I was really into training I would do the Sumo lift. In fact, I didn't start the conventional DL until the past year I would say.

ezrarh

exactly. A BW press is impressive regardless of your weight.

It is. My perceptions are just skewed. Hearing how some of you guys are doing 175 for reps and the guys at my gym are also doing high numbers changes the idea of what is good. But yeah, BW press is good.

Petrie

Banned
Are we posting numbers today? Current 5/3/1 1RM:

Squat -305
Dead- 395
Bench - 240
OHP - 165 (his 175 in April but had to deload after, cut hurt this lift more than any other)

Slowly and steadily getting where I want to be. I'd love to bench 275, Dead 450, and keep my squats at pace by years end. OHP goals are less lofty, maybe 1RM of 190?

I need to push Squats more. Got so worried about form I deloaded majorly a year ago and am just getting back where I was before doing so. They are definitely lagging, hell, my bench is catching up!

Noema

If I can bench 225lb and Squat 365lb for reps by the end of this year I'll be content. For most people a 225lb bench is something that is achievable after 1 year of training or less, but considering I couldn't bench press the empty bar when I started I guess it's not that bad.

Hopefully I can reach a 550lb deadlift by the end of the year as well. Provided I don't reinjure myself ;)

I need to push Squats more. Got so worried about form I deloaded majorly a year ago and am just getting back where I was before doing so. They are definitely lagging, hell, my bench is catching up!

You've blown your cover; you are a Bro in disguise.

Latest numbers, no idea of 1RM. Current weight: 229 lbs

OHP - 6 x 170 lbs
Squats - 7 x 355 lbs
Decline Bench - 8 x 255 lbs
Deads - 5 x 365 lbs

As mentioned, I feel like I could have gotten 3 more reps with deads but my grip just slipped.

Want to get 315 lbs on flat, 400+ for squats/deads, and 225 for OHP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom