• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT5| Intermittent Farting, Wrist Curls and Hammer Strength Machine Spotters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petrie

Banned
You've blown your cover; you are a Bro in disguise.

Psh, no bro would ever drop the weight by nearly 100lbs to spend a year working back up and rectify their form issues!

Wanted to get that shit perfect, did the same with deads! It's all about the long run!

SeanR1221

That was awesome.

Awesome job man.

The man who put me in my place! I gotta
Give you props again for originally pushing me

Are we posting numbers today? Current 5/3/1 1RM:

Squat -305
Dead- 395
Bench - 240
OHP - 165 (his 175 in April but had to deload after, cut hurt this lift more than any other)

Slowly and steadily getting where I want to be. I'd love to bench 275, Dead 450, and keep my squats at pace by years end. OHP goals are less lofty, maybe 1RM of 190?

I need to push Squats more. Got so worried about form I deloaded majorly a year ago and am just getting back where I was before doing so. They are definitely lagging, hell, my bench is catching up!

Nice job man. And you weigh what, like 175?

Az

Going on a small vacation to Tampa and won't be in the gym until Monday. Feel like shit just thinking about missing the days; Hotelroom improv it is.

abuC

Latest numbers, no idea of 1RM. Current weight: 229 lbs

OHP - 6 x 170 lbs
Squats - 7 x 355 lbs
Decline Bench - 8 x 255 lbs
Deads - 5 x 365 lbs

As mentioned, I feel like I could have gotten 3 more reps with deads but my grip just slipped.

Want to get 315 lbs on flat, 400+ for squats/deads, and 225 for OHP

For flat try using dumbbells, once I was able to hit 120# dbs for reps I was able to bench 315lbs.

Cudder

If I remember correctly, my 1RM's are

Bench - 245lbs
Deadlift - 325lbs
Squat - 275lbs

I set the squat one yesterday.

And I'm beginning to train each muscle twice a week. I've been doing once a week's for a long ass time. Totally drained today. Figured I would train each muscle the first time in the week as I usually do, heavy and high volume, and the second time that week I'll just use maybe 75% of the weight and get more rep action in.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Bench- 350
OHP- 215
Squat- 430
Dead- n/a resting injury. Was 475

Weight- 185ish

Hoping to change that OHP to 225 after tonight.

saw this pic and immediately thought of petrie...

Legs.jpg

Brendonia

"Edge stole Big Ben's helmet"
Hey guys,

I've been lurking the crap out of this thread for months, used to post in the older versions back to the original but haven't been posting much at all recently. Decided to "show myself" and start joining the discussion instead of just reading about y'all. Sadly no pictures just yet but here's where my numbers are currently:

Squat: 315x3
Bench: 260x1
Press: 150x3
DL: 435x1

These are actual numbers from the last couple of weeks, I haven't maxed on squat and press so I didn't want to venture a calculated guess. I'm a touch under 6' and 177 lbs. I'll try and take some pictures and get them uploaded at some point. Currently transitioning from the RPT template Martin Berkhan had on Lean Gains back to 5/3/1 and I'm trying to decide which assistance template to use. I'm thinking the Periodization Bible FallingEdge posted might be up my alley, but I like what Alien is doing too. Tough decision!

Keep on kicking ass fellas. I hope to contribute more in the future. I appreciate all of the insights you've given on this stuff so far, especially the advice on training with a significant other. I've got my girlfriend on SS and she probably would have killed me by now if I hadn't utilized some tips from this forum to encourage her along.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Hey guys,

I've been lurking the crap out of this thread for months, used to post in the older versions back to the original but haven't been posting much at all recently. Decided to "show myself" and start joining the discussion instead of just reading about y'all. Sadly no pictures just yet but here's where my numbers are currently:

These are actual numbers from the last couple of weeks, I haven't maxed on squat and press so I didn't want to venture a calculated guess. I'm a touch under 6' and 177 lbs. I'll try and take some pictures and get them uploaded at some point. Currently transitioning from the RPT template Martin Berkhan had on Lean Gains back to 5/3/1 and I'm trying to decide which assistance template to use. I'm thinking the Periodization Bible FallingEdge posted might be up my alley, but I like what Alien is doing too. Tough decision!

Keep on kicking ass fellas. I hope to contribute more in the future. I appreciate all of the insights you've given on this stuff so far, especially the advice on training with a significant other. I've got my girlfriend on SS and she probably would have killed me by now if I hadn't utilized some tips from this forum to encourage her along.

Welcome. You have obviously been working hard with those numbers and weighing 177. Nice work!

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Thanks again everyone. We just got home and everything is going well. He's watching cartoons, I'm icing my back and my wife is cooking. ;)

#cutting

Few days old but man, a pan seared steak is the greatest thing ever.

After the shit I ate the last two days this looks like 5 star cuisine.

Considering I rarely see men do OHP at my gym and when they do their form is terrible any BW OHP is something to be proud of!

Yep, when people do it, it's atrocious. If you can do a strict MP at body weight it's a very good milestone.

Are we posting numbers today? Current 5/3/1 1RM:

Squat -305
Dead- 395
Bench - 240
OHP - 165 (his 175 in April but had to deload after, cut hurt this lift more than any other)

Slowly and steadily getting where I want to be. I'd love to bench 275, Dead 450, and keep my squats at pace by years end. OHP goals are less lofty, maybe 1RM of 190?

I need to push Squats more. Got so worried about form I deloaded majorly a year ago and am just getting back where I was before doing so. They are definitely lagging, hell, my bench is catching up!

I'll bite, as of a few weeks ago. At a body weight of 230lbs at 5'8"

Benchpress 355lbs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mb-CmmlGjXU

Squat 425lbs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9NNsZwYgVQ

Deadlift 545lbs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZ4mpM5xJpo

OHP 245lbs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crN00oye_B0

That puts my "powerlifting" totals (not counting OHP) at 1325 which at my body weight I believe has me at Class I in raw standards, but this isn't in competition and it's in a gym setting so it means jack shit. It's good to know I where I stand for "gym strength" though and something to shoot for in competition should I ever go.

http://www.powerliftingwatch.com/node/1793

Hey guys,

The only thing I'm doing different is changing 5/3/1 with the prioritization template to also swing in favor of strength and hypertrophy depending on the week. FE and I almost have the same plan otherwise I do believe.

Welcome BTW.

ACE 1991

Blah, my arms just don't seem to want to grow... I'm bigger pretty much everywhere else, but I don't really look like I lift yet because as soon as I put on a shirt all you see is my tiny ass arms. Oh well... We're all gon make it, brah

Noema

Blah, my arms just don't seem to want to grow... I'm bigger pretty much everywhere else, but I don't really look like I lift yet because as soon as I put on a shirt all you see is my tiny ass arms. Oh well... We're all gon make it, brah

2 questions:

Do you have long arms? Because those take a ton more work and patience.

Do you
even
lift? ;)

abuC

Try to use different tempos for curls and negatives, also hit the tricep a lot.

My arms are long and while they are a really good size, my biceps took so much work to get them to grow.

Does anybody have any suggestions for a good, free program I can use to keep track of my gym progress? I don't have a smartphone so apps are out of the question. I'd need a website or something I can download to my laptop.

Zoe

Does anybody have any suggestions for a good, free program I can use to keep track of my gym progress? I don't have a smartphone so apps are out of the question. I'd need a website or something I can download to my laptop.

Myfitnesspal has a website. I also use Withfit.

Skeyser

I don't think anything will fully remove stretch marks besides surgery. I have 3 huge stretch marks across my back and they're still there after 8 years, no creams ever worked.

grumble

Sallokin

Anyone here know if you can, or how to get rid of stretch marks?

I have giant ones from when I was a much heavier person. I've had them for over 10 years. They used to be this really angry red color, but they eventually lightened up. I honestly don't think there's much you can do other than cosmetic surgery and even then I don't think the results would be worth the risk.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Has anyone else gotten a sharp pain in the very center of their chest when doing Dips? I've gotten this for a while now and just recently decided to eliminate Dips from my routine even though I love Dips. Just curious what the case might be with this pain.

And for reference, this pain is ONLY felt when doing Dips.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom