• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT5| Intermittent Farting, Wrist Curls and Hammer Strength Machine Spotters

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackflag

I'd be pretty surprised if you guys had worse biceps genetics than me.

I drew a picture of my right arm, facing palm up. My inserts go all the way down on the left, and on the right it's significantly shorter. It's awful and I can't get a good peak :^(

4dcjyFn.jpg

Are you a duck?

abuC

Imm0t4l looking like a young Action Jackson, how tall are you?

I'd be pretty surprised if you guys had worse biceps genetics than me.

I drew a picture of my right arm, facing palm up. My inserts go all the way down on the left, and on the right it's significantly shorter. It's awful and I can't get a good peak :^(

4dcjyFn.jpg

My arms are long as hell, last I checked my standing reach was 8'4", and I'm only 6'1". Putting size on them and my biceps in general has been ridiculously hard.

Szu

Just checking in with my fitbros.

Wedding went off without a hitch. I'll have lots of info and pictures to share with you guys. But for now, I must get to sleep so I can leave for my honeymoon tomorrow. Jamaica here I come!

Congrats, take plenty of pictures!!

Doodis

Fellow lifters - three questions:

1. I have an issue with my right shoulder popping out of joint every month or two when doing pull-ups. It hurts like a mother and leaves me sore for several days. What accessory exercises should I do to strengthen my shoulders and remedy this?

2. I really hurt my back about three months ago, and it's still giving me minor annoyances. Are there good accessory exercises to strengthen lower back? I'm currently doing all the SS exercises in an A/B rotation and a few others (bicep curls, dips, calf raises).

3. My knees come out over my toes when I squat. I know they're not supposed to, but I cannot keep them from doing so. I'm kind of thinking it's just the way my body is built, but are there any thoughts on how to improve or prevent this? And what is the negative consequence of having this happen?

You're awesome, FitGAF.

abuC

1. I have an issue with my right shoulder popping out of joint every month or two when doing pull-ups. It hurts like a mother and leaves me sore for several days. What accessory exercises should I do to strengthen my shoulders and remedy this?

2. I really hurt my back about three months ago, and it's still giving me minor annoyances. Are there good accessory exercises to strengthen lower back? I'm currently doing all the SS exercises in an A/B rotation and a few others (bicep curls, dips, calf raises).

3. My knees come out over my toes when I squat. I know they're not supposed to, but I cannot keep them from doing so. I'm kind of thinking it's just the way my body is built, but are there any thoughts on how to improve or prevent this? And what is the negative consequence of having this happen?

You're awesome, FitGAF.

1. I've been working out through shoulder impingement syndrome, sounds like you may have it as well since your shoulder pops/hurts with pull-ups, mine did that as well. I do a lot of face-pulls and shoulder prehab exercises -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0ONHZmsFec

2. For lower back strengthen your core (abs) and try doing hyperextensions -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktumMuPy3SA

3. Noema will cover this better than I can.

Doodis

1. I've been working out through shoulder impingement syndrome, sounds like you may have it as well since your shoulder pops/hurts with pull-ups, mine did that as well. I do a lot of face-pulls and shoulder prehab exercises -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0ONHZmsFec

2. For lower back strengthen your core (abs) and try doing hyperextensions -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktumMuPy3SA

3. Noema will cover this better than I can.

Awesome, thank you. How long have you been doing the shoulder rehab? Just wondering how long I should expect to keep doing those exercises.

abuC

Awesome, thank you. How long have you been doing the shoulder rehab? Just wondering how long I should expect to keep doing those exercises.

I've been doing them for 3 months, my shoulder has gotten much better, still not 100% but I can lift heavy again and it doesn't pop at all anymore. I usually do the prehab shoulder stuff as my warmup before I start lifting.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Wife is making this for me right now. http://articles.elitefts.com/training-articles/simple-banana-bread/

banana-bread-2.jpg

Edit: This bread is really, really good.

Do you guys have a suggestion for something to replace benching? I don't have a spotter 99% of the time.

As others said, you don't need a spotter.

Cross posting from muscle thread. I'm spinning my wheels on this cut with friends coming to Vegas to party, and my best friend graduating college. So I've made no real progress and got back down to 193lbs after already having reached 191 a month ago. I'm content though, just never complacent.

Lookin' great man.

Wedding went off without a hitch. I'll have lots of info and pictures to share with you guys. But for now, I must get to sleep so I can leave for my honeymoon tomorrow. Jamaica here I come!

Congrats on the wedding, and...
congrats+on+the+sex.jpeg

You're awesome, FitGAF.

1. OHP/Military press, external rotations, lateral raises, face pulls, etc.

2. Deadlifts, deadlifts and more deadlifts.

3. Try a wider stance also try "pushing your knees out" and depending on bar placement toes going over your knees isn't a big deal.

Imm0rt4l

Congrats!!!!

Looking sick though man.....abs...when will it be my turn?

Soon....

You're starting a cut soon aren't you?

I have never had a sharp peak, and I train my arms pretty intensely as far as targeting is concerned. It's just the way I'm built and I leave it at that.

My sentiments exactly.

Lookin' great man.

Thanks man. That bread looks nice.

Jesus christ, you look amazing :Q

Crazy shit brah, you're an inspiration. A+

Looking great, man!

Thanks fellas!

Madness

Someone had a question about back pain in another thread, got me wondering, what could be the reason I get an almost pinched nerve while doing single arm bent over rows with a dumbbell? It's on left side, always when I go heavy. Feel a nice pinch and then intense heat/warm feeling. Goes away right as I'm done, with little to no pain at all.

Imm0rt4l

Oh missed your post. I'm 5 foot 10, average as hell.

Cool points for action Jackson reference. I remember thinking he was so cool as a kid. But that flick is better left in the past.I was in love with Vanity as a little kid cuz action Jackson and the last Dragon.

Yeah probably gonna start on my own tomorrow and start working with a trainer on Jun 1. Well not really a trainer but a contest prep guy.
Contest prep coach? Shit is bout to get real. Good luck and keep us updated. That should be cool. How lean are you planing to get. Working with a well known prep guy?

Chittagong

Gold Member
Some Quest bar love for the rest day in Fitness GAF.

csKvphz.jpg

Got hyped into these things by GAF a few weeks ago. After the endless praise my initial reaction was a bit underwhelmed, I was expecting a glorified chocolate bar but got this bizarre, chewy dough like deformed bar of Play-Doh that looked very underwhelming and grey.

My opinion changed quickly. I actually now really like the fact that these bars are chewy, they take a long time to enjoy. Also the small bits they have in them are fantastic, they pace the composition really well.

I can see these things being a superb help in hitting my macros and keeping cravings in the bay. My daily goal is 2000kcal with 200g of protein, which means eating can get pretty damn joyless fast. With 20g @ 160kcal these things are a quite a guilt-free joy for me now.

I have got 5 kinds so far, here they are starting from the best

1. Apple pie. Godly composition and fantastic taste, I love the small bits of apple in them.

2. Strawberry cheesecake. Similar experience to Apple Pie, lovely sweet composition with bits of freshness in to prevent the experience from getting monotone.

3. Peanutbutter & Jelly. This would actually be my #1 if it wasn't for the fact that they are 50kcal a bar more and don't have Stevia in them. The sweet and savoury balance is absolutely perfect and the generous amount of peanuts provide a lovely crunch.

4. Cinnamon Roll. Takes me back to Finland, reminds me of cinnamon roll dough. A very understated bar, but in a good, cozy way.

5. Chocolate Peanut Butter. Surprised me because I thought these would be my favourite given I love both PB and chocolate. I just find these a bit boring and soul-less, the composition is very homogeneous and the taste feels unrefined compared to the other flavours.

Overall I can see these becoming a regular indulgence in my cupboard. The only downside is that while you can get them in UK, they are pretty damn expensive, nearly £30/box, so I will need to bring them back from the US next time I go.

velociraptor

Some Quest bar love for the rest day in Fitness GAF.

csKvphz.jpg

Got hyped into these things by GAF a few weeks ago. After the endless praise my initial reaction was a bit underwhelmed, I was expecting a glorified chocolate bar but got this bizarre, chewy dough like deformed bar of Play-Doh that looked very underwhelming and grey.

My opinion changed quickly. I actually now really like the fact that these bars are chewy, they take a long time to enjoy. Also the small bits they have in them are fantastic, they pace the composition really well.

I can see these things being a superb help in hitting my macros and keeping cravings in the bay. My daily goal is 2000kcal with 200g of protein, which means eating can get pretty damn joyless fast. With 20g @ 160kcal these things are a quite a guilt-free joy for me now.

I have got 5 kinds so far, here they are starting from the best

1. Apple pie. Godly composition and fantastic taste, I love the small bits of apple in them.

2. Strawberry cheesecake. Similar experience to Apple Pie, lovely sweet composition with bits of freshness in to prevent the experience from getting monotone.

3. Peanutbutter & Jelly. This would actually be my #1 if it wasn't for the fact that they are 50kcal a bar more and don't have Stevia in them. The sweet and savoury balance is absolutely perfect and the generous amount of peanuts provide a lovely crunch.

4. Cinnamon Roll. Takes me back to Finland, reminds me of cinnamon roll dough. A very understated bar, but in a good, cozy way.

5. Chocolate Peanut Butter. Surprised me because I thought these would be my favourite given I love both PB and chocolate. I just find these a bit boring and soul-less, the composition is very homogeneous and the taste feels unrefined compared to the other flavours.

Overall I can see these becoming a regular indulgence in my cupboard. The only downside is that while you can get them in UK, they are pretty damn expensive, nearly £30/box, so I will need to bring them back from the US next time I go.
£30 a box? Shiiit.

Chittagong

Gold Member
You should check out iherb.com that's where I've gotten mine. (Only received 1 box so far but ordered another 2 today)
I'm in Australia but it would work out to more like £19 for you to use them. Not going to get Amazon speed shipping though, my box took about 10 days.

Wow that's actually £16/box, half price. Will definitely give them a go.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hit my first failed set on bench. What's the SS rule for that? Fail 3 sets and deload? Man, I should have just rested more...

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Roommate's pissed off because I got up off my ass at 9am, went to the gym, walked the dog, made a shake and woke her up. Frustrating to have this kind of negative energy in the house.

blackflag

Cool points for action Jackson reference. I remember thinking he was so cool as a kid. But that flick is better left in the past.I was in love with Vanity as a little kid cuz action Jackson and the last Dragon.

Contest prep coach? Shit is bout to get real. Good luck and keep us updated. That should be cool. How lean are you planing to get. Working with a well known prep guy?

Well my goal is just 10% so hopefully I'll have abs not going to like 5% or anything crazy I just have a really hard time dropping weight anymore and I don't want to do keto anymore so I just want to follow what he says and see if it works. It's a guy that will be giving me my plan and keeping in contact over the Internet. I just need a plan and someone to tweak it if its not working well. Plus it's cheaper that way.

Orrichio

Dude guys... Are there are really calorie dense vegan protein bars? I allergic to whey/dairy so it's challenging! Some clif bars i see, but maybe you guys know something better?

5'10" 141 ( this morning, been losing weight it sucks)

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Dude guys... Are there are really calorie dense vegan protein bars? I allergic to whey/dairy so it's challenging! Some clif bars i see, but maybe you guys know something better?

5'10" 141 ( this morning, been losing weight it sucks)

Stock up on beans or start eating meat.

blackflag

I do both.

But something else I eat like packs of chicken a day hahah. I guess there's not too much besides just meat i can really get away with. Soy is garbage,

It's rough my daughter is allergic to soy, dairy, eggs, peanuts and tree nuts. Basically I try to make her eat meat, rice, oatmeal, and veggies.

Orrichio

It's rough my daughter is allergic to soy, dairy, eggs, peanuts and tree nuts. Basically I try to make her eat meat, rice, oatmeal, and veggies.

That sounds really tough man. Dairy is hard enough, but , all of those in combination... I hope she can grow out of it sometime =\

abuC

Good shit broski and I watched Action Jackson last week, Vanity was bad as hell, Prince really knows how to pick em.

I had the worst crush on Tatiyana Ali too.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
As penance for my failed bench set I've put away 200g of protein today. My body is craving it, so I feed it right. I will need it for next time.

Anyone else feel this way? After a heavy workout you're just INSATIABLE with food? Man. Just vaccuuming up everything I see.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Question for the more knowledgeable than myself. After my cut accomplished what I wanted I backed off being so strict with my diet. Added a few carbs and calories a day. Since doing so I have pretty much maintained where I was at the end of my cut. Is this typical and to be expected? I thought I would pack on some mid section fat after adding a cheat day and the excess calories but after 3 or 4 weeks I look pretty much the same.

MrToughPants

Brian Burke punched my mom
Right hip flexor is still fucked couldn't even do a 70kg squat without pain. Did some back and hams to make up for it...

Having 2 double cheese burgers and 4 hot dogs again ~3000+ calories

Also neutral grip pullups are amazing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom