• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT5| Intermittent Farting, Wrist Curls and Hammer Strength Machine Spotters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darren870

Someone on my FB was talking about pancakes.

2 Eggs, 1 Banana. Very easy and the banana makes them sweet that you don't need any sugar or syrup. Makes about 3 small pancakes.
I added some peanut butter and a scoop of vanilla protein and they were delicious. Recommend trying it if you got some time to piss away in the kitchen.

London-GAF? Definitely if I am around, they are always fun. Not great for diet of course :D

Yep, cool. See you then if you can make it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I just ate two cake donuts from Donut Bank. I wish I had a Fitness GAF hotline I could call so they could talk me down off this ledge. I feel so icky inside now. I should have stopped at one but nooo. Piggy had to have two.

Remember how shitty you feel. That shit ain't worth it.

In other news, Donut Bank is an awesome name for it.

I'm kicking off Carb Nite today to shed that last 10kg of fat before I am at 13%, I just want to speed up the process with a month or two of rigorous discipline.

30g of carbs is practically carb free. Any suggestions on what to eat?

Hope you enjoy meat and cheese. And eggs. I keep it simple. Also go with chicken breast. It's a joyless time, but lets you focus on other things.

Tash

6 feet 2. 98kg. Macros should be +200g protein, 30g carbs for Carb Nite. That set of macros doesn't yield much more calories than this unless I add pure fat (olive oil etc)...

I am 55kg and 5.51 and eat around 2k and still seem to loose. I am sometimes so confused about all this caloric stuff..

hmmm think i've gotten into a bad cycle.

Out of college, into my first full time job. Pretty much have my ass on a chair for most of the day.

Also in midtown atlanta... so food is a plentiful... and largely of the unhealthy type. And I kinda need that caffeine.

Gained about 5 lbs in the past 2 months.

I do go to the gym about every other day for an hr, but mostly treadmill work.

Any tips for the office worker on staying in decent shape? keep the fat and weight down (5"6' mid 170s).

Really wish the stairs in the building weren't so convoluted :(

Vio-Lence

Banned
Hope you enjoy meat and cheese. And eggs. I keep it simple. Also go with chicken breast. It's a joyless time, but lets you focus on other things.

i prefer red meat when eating low carb. it's higher in fat. low carb diets are supposed to be high fat, moderate to high protein. eating primarily chicken i find it harder to get the fats in and my performance suffers.

andycapps

Out of college, into my first full time job. Pretty much have my ass on a chair for most of the day.

Also in midtown atlanta... so food is a plentiful... and largely of the unhealthy type. And I kinda need that caffeine.

Any tips for the office worker on staying in decent shape? keep the fat and weight down (5"6' mid 170s).

Get your diet right (pack it.. meats, veggies, some fruits, limit carbs to whole foods and not junk), start one of the weightlifting routines in the OP, and cut down or stop cardio for now.

Petrie

Banned

What does needing caffeine have to do with it? Drink your coffee black.

Keep healthy snacks in your desk to help avoid the junk.

learn to say no.

that's really the best advice.

Chittagong

Gold Member

cool. pretty much what I figured. joyless grind, but I know that I need to do it only once, I am able to maintain the weight on my current lifestyle.

Looks like I can't cheat with Quest bars either, because they seem to behave like 'real carbs' not the 'net carbs' they claim:

http://www.meandmydiabetes.com/2012...-and-blood-sugar-quest-protein-bar-interview/

I work a similar office job, but see if you can utilize breaks and go walking. As others say, look at those desserts/snacks and say nope.

A mixed salad with a side of tuna meat can fill you along with being low-carb and good fats.

Treadmill...time to lift some weights dude. No one cares if you start small, just start lifting (with good form!).

Mr.City

You got to have a structure. Without it, your focus will be all over the place. Look at the format in the OP; what are you goals, what are your resources. With those things in mind, you can begin to form a plan of attack.

Petrie

Banned
cool. pretty much what I figured. joyless grind, but I know that I need to do it only once, I am able to maintain the weight on my current lifestyle.

Looks like I can't cheat with Quest bars either, because they seem to behave like 'real carbs' not the 'net carbs' they claim:

http://www.meandmydiabetes.com/2012...-and-blood-sugar-quest-protein-bar-interview/

Interesting. I'm a type 1 diabetic myself. I've never seen quite the spike in my sugars that some of their group did, though I have never tested with just a single bar fasted to get a good idea. I'm going to give it a try in the near future and see what my own results are.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

A whole 5 lbs? Talk to me when you've gained 50 from going from a job running around to a job on your ass like I did!

The things that broke me out of that shit: mandatory gym visits, discipline on not eating shit there, and not eating out. Bring your own food. Control your appetite. It's hell in the beginning, but you can do it.

Petrie

Banned
A whole 5 lbs? Talk to me when you've gained 50 from going from a job running around to a job on your ass like I did!

The things that broke me out of that shit: mandatory gym visits, discipline on not eating shit there, and not eating out. Bring your own food. Control your appetite. It's hell in the beginning, but you can do it.

I'm dealing with this now transitioning from bartending to an office. There's actually less food in the office conpared to a restaurant, but the activity level has dropped a ton. I've tried to make up for it with at least an hour of walking a day in addition to any other cardio. It helps that I enjoy long walks with a podcast very much.

What are your thoughts on taking creatine when on a cut?

Also has anybody ever heard of A-HD?

What supps are you guys taking?

I don't see any reason to not take creatine on a cut. You are trying to preserve as much muscle as possible. Creatine helps you lift heavy which in turn, helps you retain your muscle.

Nope.

Creatine, Beta Alanine, Citrulline Malate

despire

You got to have a structure. Without it, your focus will be all over the place. Look at the format in the OP; what are you goals, what are your resources. With those things in mind, you can begin to form a plan of attack.

Dude, you're back! You haven't posted in here since like forever.

Cool. Might as well pick up some creatine today. I never used many supps before, only Ripped Fuel (when it had the good stuff in it), Animal Cuts and Animal Nitro (Aminos). Always had a clean diet. Haven't taken anything in 2 years. Might be time to start.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
It's been over a month since I've drank, but last night I caved and had five shots of Johnny Walker Double Black Label. Motherfucker.

kylej

Banned
fullretardonincline-o.gif

jesus christ. that dude somehow managed to avoid both snap city and death valley. crazy.

also who the fuck tries to set a 1rm on incline? so stupid.

Cool. Might as well pick up some creatine today. I never used many supps before, only Ripped Fuel (when it had the good stuff in it), Animal Cuts and Animal Nitro (Aminos). Always had a clean diet. Haven't taken anything in 2 years. Might be time to start.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002DYIZEO/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Ignore anything you read about a "loading phase" as that is unnecessary. Same with drinking it with grape juice or whatever.

Now, I want to eat a healthier diet (I am very fit and a healthy weight, I just eat garbage most of the time), but I've always hated the textures most of fruit and vegetables, so I rarely eat them outside of a very select few.

I'm wondering, do I lose anything if I were to turn the vegetables into some sort of puree or shake or anything? Does it lose any nutrition that way?

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Yuck! I feel like crap today. Went crazy last night and plowed through 2.5 pints of Haggen Daz. I figured this would be my last ice cream night since summer is here and it's time to be lean and mean. No doubt I satisfied my ice cream craving. It's going to be a long time until I want more.

PBY

Banned
Big day today. My routine has turned into this Frankenstein mix of layne norton and Kelei.

Today put up 3x5 bench at 285 and it felt pretty doable.

I had a PT tell me I was going too narrow on my deadlifts and told me my legs and arms should be really wide like close to the weights on either end. I just nodded and carried on how SS recommends it.

WAT? Maybe he was suggesting a sumo deadlift, and even still it doesn't make sense. o_O

Detox

WAT? Maybe he was suggesting a sumo deadlift, and even still it doesn't make sense. o_O

It was crazy, luckily I wasn't his client. He was working with a client on a bench next to me, the client kept looking at me and said you guys are doing it wrong and you should go wider. Then the trainer supported him and said get much wider with your legs and arms. I didn't really know what to say. It's some sort of fitness club type place I go and the trainers don't seem like they have a clue what they are doing. They do inductions and tell people who haven't lifted at all but pack some weight to start cutting rather than developing strength. I also overheard them muttering my grip on the low bar squat was wrong, and I have noticed almost all the members do it without their thumb being on top.

Luckily Fitness-Gaf directed me on the right path, otherwise I'm certain I would be doing the wrong workouts.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Now, I want to eat a healthier diet (I am very fit and a healthy weight, I just eat garbage most of the time), but I've always hated the textures most of fruit and vegetables, so I rarely eat them outside of a very select few.

I'm wondering, do I lose anything if I were to turn the vegetables into some sort of puree or shake or anything? Does it lose any nutrition that way?

You lose nothing.

Szu

The only thing you might lose would be the fiber from the veggies.

Tash

I am heaving a problem with my deadlifts. I can easily get it up with the back but my arms/hands have problems holding onto the weight..kinda weird. I guess that will get better? However, it prevents me from lifting as much as I could..
Even though I wear gloves my fingers are all red and sore but I guess that comes with the territory..

Cudder

I am heaving a problem with my deadlifts. I can easily get it up with the back but my arms/hands have problems holding onto the weight..kinda weird. I guess that will get better? However, it prevents me from lifting as much as I could..
Even though I wear gloves my fingers are all red and sore but I guess that comes with the territory..

don't wear gloves for deadlifts...

grip is your problem then.

how much are you deadlifting? you can look into chalk or straps as I feel both of those are better options than gloves.

my thoughts of course.

Tash

It's not much, 30kg right now (but for someone who had issues walking down the stairs a few years ago, it's a big achievement :)).

Using Gloves is not good? And I might look into straps then. The bars have those grip things which are supposed to help you not slip but those things are tearing up my skin (both on my shins and hands..)

Are you able to do farmers' walks? They provide a decent grip strength boost.

despire

It's not much, 30kg right now (but for someone who had issues walking down the stairs a few years ago, it's a big achievement :)).

Using Gloves is not good? And I might look into straps then. The bars have those grip things which are supposed to help you not slip but those things are tearing up my skin (both on my shins and hands..)

Don't use straps just yet. First try to work on your grip and see if you can make it better. But ditch the gloves.

Use chalk because it helps with your grip and prevents callouses somewhat.

Use pants when deadlifting to avoid shin damage.

going to try carb backloading and I am starting the preparatory phase today.

Do any of you count any usable carbs of note from various everyday vegetables (tomato, cucumber, bell pepper, onion, lettuce).

I know that winter squash and (sweet) potato are not foods for low carb time periods but didn't know if there are others I should avoid or keep track of.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
going to try carb backloading and I am starting the preparatory phase today.

Do any of you count any usable carbs of note from various everyday vegetables (tomato, cucumber, bell pepper, onion, lettuce).

I know that winter squash and (sweet) potato are not foods for low carb time periods but didn't know if there are others I should avoid or keep track of.

Count EVERYTHING. Seriously.

Hello gents.

Im looking at the second day in the workout programme. Could any of you specify what or which "abdominal work" I should do? I don't really have any ideas for this as in how many reps or which exercise to use.

andycapps

Yeah I'm not ordering protein from True Nutrition. It would only be worthwhile if you ordered a large amount. I was wanting to order a few pounds of whey to see if I liked it. They were going to charge me over $20 for shipping 3 pounds of whey protein. So I would have spent $20 to ship $21 worth of whey. And that was the cheap option. Express mail was $55.

Kyaw

Hello gents.

Im looking at the second day in the workout programme. Could any of you specify what or which "abdominal work" I should do? I don't really have any ideas for this as in how many reps or which exercise to use.

Ab roller - 10 reps - 3 sets
Leg raises - 12+ reps - 3 sets
Decline weighted situps - 10 reps - 3 sets

That should get you started. Also, front squats work the core A LOT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom