• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT5| Intermittent Farting, Wrist Curls and Hammer Strength Machine Spotters

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackflag

I'm super strict when on my diets to the point of it causing issues socially and stuff. :(

I'll go out to dinner and just sit there with an ice tea.

Taking my employees to a Cuban restaurant on Wednesday...I'll be having the tea. Feels bad man.

Ravidrath

I'm super strict when on my diets to the point of it causing issues socially and stuff. :(

Taking my employees to a Cuban restaurant on Wednesday...I'll be having the tea. Feels bad man.

Yeah, I do this, too. Usually it's just lunch, but I just say "I had a big breakfast."

So far I can't say that anyone has actually cared, though? So I think the weird feelings are mostly self-inflicted.

Started yet another new routine, I'm jumping around like crazy now, only common thread in my routines now are rep ranges must be be between 10-12. That seems to be the sweet spot most of the pro body builders aim for. Also, I love the Versa Gripps, best money I have spent in a while, thanks to them my traps are showing all kinds of gains, alllllll kinnnnnnndsss.

haha, you watch the Hodge Twins? I read that in their voice

Petrie

Banned
Fun moment today. Normally I have to flex to really see my abs. Did so this morning and after realized I wasn't holding it and they're still quite visible. The cut feels amazing.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Had one of those moments this morning where I saw myself in the mirror as a different person than what I was used to. "Hey...this is lookin pretty good" - I'm gonna have a good day. Something about the lighting, plus my progress, plus my sleep after an ass-kicking workout...the stars aligned for me this morning!

SeanR1221

Fun moment today. Normally I have to flex to really see my abs. Did so this morning and after realized I wasn't holding it and they're still quite visible. The cut feels amazing.

Had one of those moments this morning where I saw myself in the mirror as a different person than what I was used to. "Hey...this is lookin pretty good" - I'm gonna have a good day. Something about the lighting, plus my progress, plus my sleep after an ass-kicking workout...the stars aligned for me this morning!

Must be something in the water! I felt extra lean and strong this morning too, which is really cool because yesterday I grubbed out and didn't lift. Breakfast was a breakfast burrito with 5 eggs, bacon, shrimp and spinach. Lunch was a pound of grilled chicken tenders. Dinner was 20 wings. Sooooogood.gif.

grumble

Is it worth it?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I eat LONG before a workout, and then eat shortly after. Even though my hunger vanishes after the workout I know I need fuel so I put some food down.

One thing I do not do is eat within 2 hours ahead of a workout. That's just askin for bubble guts.

Cagey

Banned
I eat LONG before a workout, and then eat shortly after. Even though my hunger vanishes after the workout I know I need fuel so I put some food down.

One thing I do not do is eat within 2 hours ahead of a workout. That's just askin for bubble guts.

I'll eat a banana about 30-45 mins before, and then let the PWO run its course, and my system is cleaned out and ready to go. Always good to get a nice colon blow effect from your energy boost.

Szu

2.5 weeks since I began cutting, and I think it's really gotten to my head.

Was forced on a date by this girl (don't ask), and she insisted I have ice cream with her. I had an entire late-night dessert planned at home, and I actually thought of excuses to not enjoy ice cream with her because it would cut into my daily caloric intake.

LOL

But fuck it, no regrets.

Good choice. I could imagine your night turning into the Seinfeld Pie episode.
hqdefault.jpg

Matugi

Did HIIT on my bike for the first time. Did sprint cycle for a half mile then a leisure cycle for a whole mile. Did this for 12 miles. Burned somewhere in the vicinity of 550 calories and man I'm feeling it lol

Szu

Well, I had some fun with my folks last night.

I showed them the Fitness Fun video.

My dad liked the Dragon Flags. It reminded him of the training montage from Rocky IV when Stallone did them.

My mom gasped at almost the whole video, especially the box jumps. No matter how old I get, I'm still her little boy.

abuC

haha, you watch the Hodge Twins? I read that in their voice

Yeah man, they're pretty funny, plus I'm almost certain I'll look similar to them when I'm done with my cut.

My dad liked the Dragon Flags. It reminded him of the training montage from Rocky IV when Stallone did them.

My mom gasped at almost the whole video, especially the box jumps. No matter how old I get, I'm still her little boy.

You need to add this song to your video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qitn6FRc0oc

Asian moms even like mine end up asking if I need more rice in my diet...no mom! I need more protein!

She then requests if we would all like to go out and eat dim sum. -.-#

hey guys who knew it was this easy to put on muscle?

Mr. Jackman said the following about getting fitness advice from The Rock:

“He told me that if in a six-month period you want to put on 25 pounds of lean muscle and not fat, eat natural and eat 6,000 calories a day. There were times when I would literally eat with the mind set of working out. ‘One more mouthful, one more, come on, come on, you’ve got to finish this meal!’”

Ugh. Try going out to a club with all your friends on a Friday night and spending more money on water bottles than drinking for free at the table.

Feels bad man

I save my drinking for Saturday night because I don't lift on Sundays

sphinx

the piano man
the other day when I doing some OHP sets, in one of the warm up sets, I did a bad rep and as the barbell was at its highest point, It went a bit too much to the back, I probably had too much arc on my back or something, I even had to give a step backwards to keep it under control..

since it was warm-up and weight was light, there was no problem... but ever since then I've been having terrible thoughts and stressing over what would happen it that happens while trying to beat a PR... there will be some major accident, arms broken, or I don't know what, I am having a hard time trying to not think about it.... to the point where I am considering quitting doing it...

hey guys who knew it was this easy to put on muscle?

Mr. Jackman said the following about getting fitness advice from The Rock:

“He told me that if in a six-month period you want to put on 25 pounds of lean muscle and not fat, eat natural and eat 6,000 calories a day. There were times when I would literally eat with the mind set of working out. ‘One more mouthful, one more, come on, come on, you’ve got to finish this meal!’”

he forgot to mention bicycle rides

I'm excited to start eating 6K calories a day to put on 25 lbs of muscle now. This bulk is going to be too easy.

We went to a Brazilian BBQ for lunch today. Coworker is leaving for a new job next week. My body is so full. Worth it.

agrajag

Banned
the other day when I doing some OHP sets, in one of the warm up sets, I did a bad rep and as the barbell was at its highest point, It went a bit too much to the back, I probably had too much arc on my back or something, I even had to give a step backwards to keep it under control..

since it was warm-up and weight was light, there was no problem... but ever since then I've been having terrible thoughts and stressing over what would happen it that happens while trying to beat a PR... there will be some major accident, arms broken, or I don't know what, I am having a hard time trying to not think about it.... to the point where I am considering quitting doing it...

When OHP was an Olympic event, the competitors used to press with insane arcs. To the point that it looked like a standing bench press. You'll be fine.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
I was talking to a dude in LA a few days ago who met Dwayne and insisted he was clean. "He's Samoan, bro. They're all big. He eats 8000 calories a day and lives in the gym."

This is a Samoan athlete:

mark-hunt-4.jpg

This is a Samoan on holy fucking shit levels of drugs:

The+Rock+Dwayne+Johnson+steroids.jpg

agrajag

Banned
Yeah, Rock us juiced to the gills.

Speaking of juicers, anyone following the Jason Blahs/Layne Norton drama? Pretty entertaining.

ToxicAdam

He's been using for decades. Not just for his recent roles.

Although it is pretty remarkable just how much bigger he his gotten in the past 5 years.

Oregano

Hey guys, I'm kind of concerned about how much weight the scale says I've dropped. I've been eating healthier these last couple of months and exercising more and decided I'd buy some scales so I can see any weight loss. I've been weighing myself every Sunday morning since the 2nd. On the 2nd I weighed in at 366.4lbs(for reference I'm 6'5) and on the 9th I weighed in it at 344.2lbs; 2.2lbs difference seems natural.

This week though, on the 16th, I weighed in at 336.0lbs which is a massive drop from the week before. I tested it in the same conditions all three times and on the third time measured it several times to make sure. I'm just concerned that either my scales are lying or my body has suddenly decided to start devouring itself. I also decided just to weigh myself tonight to see if I unintentionally did something different and I came out at 333.6lbs which means I've apparently lost nearly 1lb a day for the last three days.

Is this there any cause for concern or is that amount of weight loss natural?

Noema

I was talking to a dude in LA a few days ago who met Dwayne and insisted he was clean. "He's Samoan, bro. They're all big. He eats 8000 calories a day and lives in the gym."

Yeah; when I think of a "big" Samoan, I think of this

Not a 270lb dude with 4% body fat.

Just because he eats 8000 calories a day and spends his day at the gym doesn't mean he's natural; hell, he's probably incredibly dedicated and hard working. But the dude looks like an IFBB Pro.

EDIT: Sorry for the gigantic picture. I posted from my phone and I didn't realize it was so big since on mobile it scales to fit the screen. :p

agrajag

Banned
Jason's a good dude.

Yeah, I've been watching his videos lately, some good info there.

Mind giving me a summary please?

This guy has a youtube fitness channel called Ice Cream Fitness. He had a serious of videos exposing fake "natural bodybuilders" and in on of his latest videos he called out a gentleman that goes by the name of Dr. Lame Nordstrom. A shitstorm ensued.

Don't you mean Lame Nordstrom?

Yes. That is who I meant. I guess I should edit my post before Lame sends his army of lawyers after me..

Matugi

Had such a jekyll and hyde meal tonight: I was out so I went and got Moe's. Got black beans, pinto beans, chicken, steak, lettuce, cheese, jalapenos, all good stuff. But I also ate the chips and was really craving a sprite.

Satch

Banned
i just picked up those 15 lb weights tonight and did arm exercises like they were nothing

i know all of the rest of you guys lift significantly heavier stuff but this is huge for me

im getting stronger and i can actually tell ;______;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom