• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT5| Intermittent Farting, Wrist Curls and Hammer Strength Machine Spotters

Status
Not open for further replies.

balddemon

Banned
This might be weird, but does anybody else get stretch marks on their arms? I only have them on my arms like the bicep area, and I don't remember getting them until I started going to the gym. I'm not quite sure though. It's just a little weird, and it's not like I have these big guns all of a sudden.

a lot of people do. I haven't gotten them yet, and I'm glad. I think they're ugly, while others wear them as a badge of pride. I think if you don't like them, cocoa butter helps alleviate them.

in other news, 25lb dumb bells ain't shit. gave up doing the flat bench thing, because my pec was literally not activating, no matter the form. switched to chest flyes and pushups, and I can feel it much more now.

also, vicodin is a good pre workout. haha.

ToxicAdam

This might be weird, but does anybody else get stretch marks on their arms? I only have them on my arms like the bicep area, and I don't remember getting them until I started going to the gym. I'm not quite sure though. It's just a little weird, and it's not like I have these big guns all of a sudden.

Bicep isn't too common. More common are the one's in your arm pits. Lift your arms real high and see if you have them.

I found some new ones the other day in my crotch area when I was doing some manscaping. There goes my chance at a career as an inner thigh model.

Az987

all good things
a lot of people do. I haven't gotten them yet, and I'm glad. I think they're ugly, while others wear them as a badge of pride. I think if you don't like them, cocoa butter helps alleviate them.

in other news, 25lb dumb bells ain't shit. gave up doing the flat bench thing, because my pec was literally not activating, no matter the form. switched to chest flyes and pushups, and I can feel it much more now.

They are ugly but if you have them you might as well wear them as a badge of pride because they aren't going anywhere.

I have them all over thanks to rapid weight gain due to medication (close to 100lbs in less than a year). My hips, stomach, thighs, biceps, under arms. I was self concious about them at one time but now I just look at them as a reminder of how far I've come in a short time.

-

I hate squats. I think my shoulders might but fucked up or something from not knowing what I was doing as a teenager because I can't find a comfortable spot to rest the bar. Maybe it's time to join a gym so I can use a power rack.

Saturday my friend gave me this and it was good. I was sore as hell last night.

3 sets of 15 push ups
3 sets of 15 dips
Dumbbells incline 4 sets of 25 reps.
Rope push down 4 sets of 25 reps
flat bench bar 1 set 50 reps.

Was good.

SeanR1221

3 sets of 15 push ups
3 sets of 15 dips

Was good.

Kornheiser_Why.JPG

Szu

3 sets of 15 push ups
3 sets of 15 dips

Was good.

It kinda looks like a bunch of warm-up exercises strung together.

Kyaw

I have stretch marks all over my tricep/side of biceps, around arm bits, below front delts, thighs and butt. They do look "ugly" but I now wear it as a badge of pride.

Not only are you visibly more muscular; your posture is completely different.

I hope for the better, I'm still not 100% sure if my posture is good.

Ugh. I drank on Saturday. Spent all of Sunday being lazy. Today I thought I would be okay hitting the gym. Nope. My towel reeked of Jack Daniels. On my second set of squats I had a pounding headache. I still destroyed all my lifts today but the gym was a miserable hour. I'm not much of a drinker, but I got shitfaced Saturday. I didn't even have much of a hangover yesterday. I was just lethargic as fuck. Ugh.

CrankyJay

Banned
Ugh. I drank on Saturday. Spent all of Sunday being lazy. Today I thought I would be okay hitting the gym. Nope. My towel reeked of Jack Daniels. On my second set of squats I had a pounding headache. I still destroyed all my lifts today but the gym was a miserable hour. I'm not much of a drinker, but I got shitfaced Saturday. I didn't even have much of a hangover yesterday. I was just lethargic as fuck. Ugh.

I hit the Jameson a little hard yesterday. Doing a flush with a ton of water today.

Cudder

Bicep isn't too common. More common are the one's in your arm pits. Lift your arms real high and see if you have them.

I found some new ones the other day in my crotch area when I was doing some manscaping. There goes my chance at a career as an inner thigh model.

Dude, I have this too? I have no idea how the hell I got them. Doesn't even look like a stretch mark, more like a scar from cutting or some shit. :\

On another note, I've come to the conclusion that my squats just fucking suck ass. When you bench and squat the same weight for the same reps something is off right? :(

otapnam

Are 25 lb dummbells the heaviest u have or something?

Been sleeping terribly and have tried to fix it for the last couple of days.
Shame, I was looking forward to attempting to bench 80 tomorrow.
Hopefully I'll manage to sleep enough and get enough rest for it.

Srsly

Banned
lol

saw this today while doing squats

LPfG4av.jpg

the guy and his son were essentially doing leg presses with the smith machine by laying of their backs and pushing the bar up with their feet.

usually I don't take pics of other people doing ridiculous things at the gym but this was too ridiculous to pass up. There was a guy on the squat rack next to me who saw me whip out my phone and take a pic and he started laughing when he turned around and saw what was going down.

Wolfe

lol

saw this today while doing squats

LPfG4av.jpg

the guy and his son were essentially doing leg presses with the smith machine by laying of their backs and pushing the bar up with their feet.

usually I don't take pics of other people doing ridiculous things at the gym but this was too ridiculous to pass up. There was a guy on the squat rack next to me who saw me whip out my phone and take a pic and he started laughing when he turned around and saw what was going down.

I always love when people make up their own shit at the gym, as if the machine didn't already have a specific way of being used and they had to figure that shit out like a caveman using a slurpee machine.

Ripclawe

Banned
I have seen the leg press using the smith machine a couple of times. I would be scared shitless despite moving up the safety bars up a couple of notches.

Usually a couple of bigger plates on it.

SaskBoy

That's actually a more correct way of doing the leg press I think. The leg press machines you see are cheating because they are on an incline and therefore you're doing less work than if it was completely perpendicular.

Srsly

Banned
Yeah, there's the vertical leg press, which was actually unoccupied at the time. I have no idea why you would do a leg press in the smith machine given how easily your footing could slip. And if that happens...well, good luck.

blackflag

several people at my Gold's gym press like that. I was watching someone do it once and it looked like it was giving his hamstrings a hell of a workout. Was planning on trying it some day,.

Imm0rt4l

I really don't feel 100% to deadlift today. I'll just do it anyways and maybe take 2 weeks off from it and work on accessory work. Fuck it.

Pavaloo

Is there any correlation between protein shakes and the common flu?

It seems every time I get sick my family likes to tell me it's because "of all those protein shakes."

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I said it was impressive and linked it for that reason. Calm the fuck down.

Which you followed up with "the arch kind of negates it all" which makes the preceding statement moot. Also qualifying it as "for a girl" and "for her age" is also bullshit. It's simply impressive.

Is there any correlation between protein shakes and the common flu?

It seems every time I get sick my family likes to tell me it's because "of all those protein shakes."

Sick with GAINS. The GAINS FLU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom