• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT5| Intermittent Farting, Wrist Curls and Hammer Strength Machine Spotters

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanR1221

But isn't it still better if I keep my kcal at +500 and get to the desired weight in 4 months? I'm sure I'd gain much less fat that way and when the cut time comes it will be easier

I don't want to get huge, I just want more defined muscles with less bf

You won't get huge. 4 months is literally nothing. Just see where you get with some linear progression on your lifts first.

But isn't it still better if I keep my kcal at +500 and get to the desired weight in 4 months? I'm sure I'd gain much less fat that way and when the cut time comes it will be easier

I don't want to get huge, I just want more defined muscles with less bf

You won't get huge. Seriously, you have to work hard to get big, it doesn't just happen. Do you have a pic of what you look like now? A pic of what you want to look like?

You're telling me I should eat as much as possible. But if I added +1000 calories per day, I'd gain like 15 KGs in 4 months

And I wouldn't get huge from that?

I want to have a lean body with abs showing (somewhat)

You're telling me I should eat as much as possible. But if I added +1000 calories per day, I'd gain like 15 KGs in 4 months

Maybe I am missing something but +500 calories a day is fine. Same with +1K. If you feel you are putting on weight too fast, you can always adjust and lower your surplus. I just would like to know what you definition of a "lean body" is and where you are starting from.

I'm sure our definition of "huge" differs as well. Can you post pics of your final goal? And what you look like now?

Chittagong

Gold Member
Does anyone know how many carbs I am actually supposed to down on a carb nite? Here's my recent carb record, I wonder if I am overdoing it.

45B0gQM.png

Petrie

Banned
No thank you. I know for a fact that I should not eat too much for best results

Anyone else?

You asked how to gain the most muscle possible I gave you the correct answer.

Honestly your attitude sucks dude. You keep getting hit with proper information and then just disregarding it and re-asking the same question.

Like Petrie said, just eat man. You're in a beginners stage.

This is the correct answer. You are a beginner. Quit worrying amount exactly how much to eat, get your ass to the gym, and lift heavy. The terms "bulk" and "cut" are useless to you right now.

No, I don't want to get fat. I'm not at the beginners stage as I've gone to the gym for the last 4 years. Just haven't taken it all serious until now.

Like I said, I want to gain as little fat as possible. Was planning to get to 85-86 KGs in 4 months and then start cutting

You are a beginner. If you haven't taken it serious, that makes you a beginner.

That goal should be a long-term one, not a 6 month goal.

You can't chisel a pebble. You are a pebble.

blackflag

Does anyone know how many carbs I am actually supposed to down on a carb nite? Here's my recent carb record, I wonder if I am overdoing it.

Doubtful you are overdoing it if you are lifting heavy and hard.

CKD keto carbups for me were 36 hours and over 1,000 grams of carbs during that time.

Maybe I am missing something but +500 calories a day is fine. Same with +1K. If you feel you are putting on weight too fast, you can always adjust and lower your surplus. I just would like to know what you definition of a "lean body" is and where you are starting from.

I'm sure our definition of "huge" differs as well. Can you post pics of your final goal? And what you look like now?

Ok I'm going to post 2 shitty pictures of myself in a few min but this is my final goal:

mFOjEZ3.jpg

To look as close as to the dude with 10-12% bf

Chittagong

Gold Member
Doubtful you are overdoing it if you are lifting heavy and hard.

CKD keto carbups for me were 36 hours and over 1,000 grams of carbs during that time.

wow that's a lot of carbs. Maybe I'm ok then. The first 250g is good fun, but then it turns to really hard work, and then I get super tired and asleep. Crazy stuff.

that 12% pic is my goal as well, sweet spot of definition and slickness. Currently maybe just barely below 20.

If you're lifting heavy you take a deep breath and hold for the whole rep to increase intra-abdominal pressure, stabilizing your torso. If you're doing 100 reps with 5 lbs while handstanding on a bosu ball then you probably want to be breathing the whole time so you don't asphyxiate and crush a yoga pants girl.

You're both wrong IMO, you shouldn't breathe at all when the dumbbells are going up or down. You'll lose stability. Breathe at the top of the movement.

Ah well, you learn something new every day.
It's a 5 set, 10 rep exercise, but I guess I should still stick to what you guys said.

I do hold my breath when it comes to the deadlift and squat though, so at least I did it right for some stuff.

Ok I'm going to post 2 shitty pictures of myself in a few min but this is my final goal:

[.img]http://i.imgur.com/mFOjEZ3.jpg[/img]

Ok the second pic got screwed up so I'm only going to post 1. This is me in relaxed mode:

http://postimg.org/image/7uej1ic0p/

Yeah, you are not going to achieve that type of body in 6 months. You have little to no muscle at all. I really would suggest just eating at a 500 calorie surplus and lifting heavy and hard for 6-12 months. Your body will grow and after that period, you can decide what do do from there.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Ok the second pic got screwed up so I'm only going to post 1. This is me in relaxed mode:

http://postimg.org/image/7uej1ic0p/

Alright breff let me just say this at this point.

You're not going to be happy at the end of 3-4 months no matter what perfect balance with calories in vs your workout you manage. You'll be happiER, but you're not going to get what you want under a year. It's simply not going to happen. To get to the 10-12% picture you said you were after will require significant muscle gain first. Highly recommending a 1k calorie surplus ot 500 if you're really concerned, but if you fall off the wagon on the less of 500 side you'll not be going optimum. Eat extra. Cut it later.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Well Salsa....No easy way to put this other than being upfront and honest with you. Your goal will at least take you 2 years and that is best case scenario. It will probably be closer to three. That's not a bad thing at all BTW. I'm not even sure I look quite as good as your goal and I have been lifting for decades but only with proper knowledge and dedication for about five. There are no shortcuts. If you want it then you can achieve it but don't expect it to be easy. Good luck!

Well Salsa....No easy way to put this other than being upfront and honest with you. Your goal will at least take you 2 years and that is best case scenario. It will probably be closer to three. That's not a bad thing at all BTW. I'm not even sure I look quite as good as your goal and I have been lifting for decades but only with proper knowledge and dedication for about five. There are no shortcuts. If you want it then you can achieve it but don't expect it to be easy. Good luck!

oh stfu

we all know about your body and your veins and arms and your grilling

fuck youuuuuuuu

Petrie

Banned
Ok, thanks for the advices. I think I'll go for 6 months of heavy lifting with +500kcal a day and take it from there

Again with the specific numbers. You are a beginner. Eat a ton, lift heavy, see results. You're going to make it even harder to achieve anything with this micromanaging as a beginner.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Ok, thanks for the advices. I think I'll go for 6 months of heavy lifting with +500kcal a day and take it from there

6 months of heavy lifting with good nutrition and enough sleep will make a very significant impact on your aesthetics and you should be able to grow out of the very skinny physique, just have reasonable expectations; some fitness magazine cover ain't happening unless you go Zyzz Cocktail (which you absolutely should not do). Ideal bodies aren't built in a day. Years of hard work for everyone, but many times that's paired with drugs, and if not drugs then 99th percentile genetics that serve as a replacement.

Worry less about the finish line and more about putting one foot in front of the other and starting the journey of self-improvement. Where you end up at any specific point in time will matter less and less. I know I'm getting stronger and looking better over time, and I look back on morbid obesity and weakness and gain perspective on where I am right now, even if it's not where I want to be ideally.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Again with the specific numbers. You are a beginner. Eat a ton, lift heavy, see results. You're going to make it even harder to achieve anything with this micromanaging as a beginner.
Amen! You're not going to wake up with 20lbs of fat one day. Eat big and if you notice the fat accumulating a little too much adjust.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
My knees are starting to hurt for some reason. All I have been doing is GSLP.

Am I doing squats wrong or something? I'm not sure how normal this is.

I'm only squatting 205. I'm assuming thats baby weight for most around these parts.

Any opinions on P.A.P.(Post Activations Potentiation) workouts???? I've been thinking about starting those routines (primarily the ones on P90x2) to get better at basketball. Is it based on sound fitness science???

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
How do you poop less on cuts? I poop way more as I'm eating waaay more veggies and fiber to fill up my stomach.

I eat far less, period.

EDIT:

Hope you didnt eat that bread evilore!

balddemon

Banned
Any opinions on P.A.P.(Post Activations Potentiation) workouts???? I've been thinking about starting those routines (primarily the ones on P90x2) to get better at basketball. Is it based on sound fitness science???

since you're not being very specific about what you want to improve, the best way to get better at basketball is to play basketball, a lot.

Monday and Tuesdays workouts have been VERY tough. Some of the most tough workouts in the 15 years ive been training.

I think it was mostly damage from the weekend. I was under maintenance on a huge caloric defect since Friday and slept a total of 12 hours from Wednesday night - Sunday night. I was so tired that I couldn't feel my pre workout kick in. I was also so very carb/fat depleted. I was amazing on Thursday where I made sure I got in all my protein and fats.

The rest of the weekend I barley ate. Diet consisted of egg whites, salad and protein shakes till Sunday, where I had some oatmeal and tried to have a refeed day. I kept carbs at pretty much in the double digits because I was drinking all weekend.

Weekend was very hot which destroyed my appetite along with all the events going on.

On a more positive note, everyone at all the day parties were saying I looked ripped or jacked as hell. I looked very vascular. Most vascular ive been since 2007/2008 but with less fat more muscle.

Vio-Lence

Banned
ok i just tried the cinnamon roll Quest bar, we have a new winner.

Cinnamon roll and applie pie are great. brownie is okay. PB supreme is vile.

Jack_AG

Banned
Gotta say even with feeling crappy, taking an off week and throwing some pain on my elbow yesterday - I'm crushing it this week. Going up in squats, deads, bench etc. Just throwing that weight on. I attribute this to the inspiration this thread gives me. I definitely do not feel alone in my quest.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
So those gnc coupons work on anyones gnc account?

I won't have any problem. I will be getting a gnc card today so I can buy some quest bars.

They only work once a month I presume?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Cinnamon Roll Quest is top tier, especially heated. Shit is a virtual dessert.

twofold

I did that when I first started lifting. I ate somewhere in the region of 3,500 calories a day, I did Starting Strength, and I was very dedicated to my workouts. Result? I ended up putting on a ton of weight and fat fucking myself, leaving myself in a worse situation than when I started. Yes, I put on some muscle and I got stronger, but it wasn't enough to make up for the masses of fat I put on. Cutting back down to an acceptable weight took a bloody long time.

Handing out bland cookie cutter advice like the advice you're giving is bad. It may have worked for you, but it's not going to work for everyone.

My knees are starting to hurt for some reason. All I have been doing is GSLP.

Am I doing squats wrong or something? I'm not sure how normal this is.

I'm only squatting 205. I'm assuming thats baby weight for most around these parts.

Must be a form issue, bud. Got any vids of you squatting?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I did that when I first started lifting. I ate somewhere in the region of 3,500 calories a day, I did Starting Strength, and I was very dedicated to my workouts. Result? I ended up putting on a ton of weight and fat fucking myself, leaving myself in a worse situation than when I started. Yes, I put on some muscle and I got stronger, but it wasn't enough to make up for the masses of fat I put on. Cutting back down to an acceptable weight took a bloody long time.

Handing out bland cookie cutter advice like the advice you're giving is bad. It may have worked for you, but it's not going to work for everyone.

Were you a chunk when you began?

twofold

Were you a chunk when you began?

No. I was skinny fat. Around 18-20% fat at 200lbs and a height of 6ft3.

From what I've read, the body is predisposed to put on more fat than muscle when at body fats higher than 15%. As such, for maximal muscle gain with minimal fat gain, it's best to cut down to 10-12% body fat before slowly bulking up to 15%, before cutting back down to 10-12% and repeating the cycle all over again.

Lyle Mcdonald has an article about this here - http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/initial-body-fat-and-body-composition-changes.html

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

From what I've read, the body is predisposed to put on more fat than muscle when at body fats higher than 15%. As such, for maximal muscle gain with minimal fat gain, it's best to cut down to 10-12% body fat before slowly bulking up to 15%, before cutting back down to 10-12% and repeating the cycle all over again.

Lyle Mcdonald has an article about this here - http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/initial-body-fat-and-body-composition-changes.html

*strokes his imaginary beard and nods*

blackflag

It depends, true skinny fats should bulk first but they should know their TDEE and do it right and not go overboard.

Dosia

Any1 have pancreatitis? I just got diagnosed with it and my doctor told me to stay away from high protein/ high fat diet. How the f can I get big dood status on this shit? Told me to stop taking whey supps and eat a lot of carbs and veggies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom