• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT5| Intermittent Farting, Wrist Curls and Hammer Strength Machine Spotters

Status
Not open for further replies.

entremet

Football players (US) are some freaks of nature, man. Saw one workout at my gym. Gotdamn at the weight and intensity he was hitting. Plus the size and mass on the dude. I know a lot of them are on PEDs, but still impressive. That's some God-given stuff lol.

Thrakier

Football players (US) are some freaks of nature, man. Saw one workout at my gym. Gotdamn at the weight and intensity he was hitting. Plus the size and mass on the dude. I know a lot of them are on PEDs, but still impressive. That's some God-given stuff lol.

Are they natural though? Is there known doping issues in the US league?

crpav

Nothing burns me more at the gym than when I am pumped to do some OHP or finally start squatting instead of doing leg presses and the cross fit groups take over the only squat rack. I really wish they would get a squat rack WITHOUT the stupid bars for doing pullups.

SeanR1221

Nothing burns me more at the gym than when I am pumped to do some OHP or finally start squatting instead of doing leg presses and the cross fit groups take over the only squat rack. I really wish they would get a squat rack WITHOUT the stupid bars for doing pullups.

Just work in man. No biggie.

Thrakier

can't believe how hard this shit was before we had these calculators for planning, youtube to check form, and apps that would keep tracking progress.

speaking of which, this app is amazing, it has finally provided me documented progression on my accessory work:

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/progym/f6b47831-428c-42f8-a375-0a0eaa5aabea

nothing makes you push harder than the 'achievement unlocked' sound you hear when you keep the trajectory going up

Is there something like that for android?

most of them have been lifting hard since JR year of highschool at a minimum in olympic style weights

AFAIK Trent Richardson and Alfred Morrison went into the NFL as rooks with 600 LB squats.

sphinx

the piano man
all this talk about nutrition made me realize:

there is URGENT need of a Nutrition |OT| in the off-topic sub-forum. The weight loss thread is just about pics and progress, this thread is about strength and the beach body thread is for getting in shape, but no thread tells the truth exactly like it is regarding nutrition and I think everyone woiuld benefit from having a thread to go and look for information about that.

anyone with the required knowledge willing to invest the time?

Matugi

You damn well should be! That's spectacular! A 2x bw bench has been a goal of mine ever since I started lifting. Well done. You're so close!

It's why I was so frustrated when I couldn't hit 295. I was like, "I'M SO CLOSE WHY GOD WHY" but then I realized "holy shit that's like 180% of my bodyweight". I figure I'll make it to the 300 club by the end of the year then hopefully 3-plate club by next summer, maybe sooner if I get into powerlifting in college. My trainer is hooking me up with the wrestling coach at my college who could really get me training hard on a powerlifting routine if I go that route.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
It's why I was so frustrated when I couldn't hit 295. I was like, "I'M SO CLOSE WHY GOD WHY" but then I realized "holy shit that's like 180% of my bodyweight". I figure I'll make it to the 300 club by the end of the year then hopefully 3-plate club by next summer, maybe sooner if I get into powerlifting in college. My trainer is hooking me up with the wrestling coach at my college who could really get me training hard on a powerlifting routine if I go that route.

Do it! I believe you'd be the only one in FitGaf with a 2x bw bench. Unless I beat you to it! ;)

Matugi

Do it! I believe you'd be the only one in FitGaf with a 2x bw bench. Unless I beat you to it! ;)

Once I get there I should just retire lol

My trainer is a beast, though. He wrestled in college in put up the highest strength index ever seen at UNC, which just took his core lifts and compared it to his body weight. At 125lbs he maxed out at 285lbs on bench press, 415lbs on squat, and I'm not sure what on deadlift but I would imagine in the 385-425lbs range. It helps that he's like 5'5 with short arms but still he had the highest power index among all athletes, including football players

agrajag

Banned
welp, I guess I am looking a little bit bigger.
jqTgCqy.jpg

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
This is where I'm sitting at right now ~200lbs, not sure what my bf% is. Had to do the Zyzz pose.
Impressive to say the least! You need to join team maintain! You're set my man!

I have to ask, do you personally use the false grip on muscle ups (using a pull up bar)?

Yes. It's easier when going into the transition to the dip. At least for me it is.

all this talk about nutrition made me realize:

there is URGENT need of a Nutrition |OT| in the off-topic sub-forum. The weight loss thread is just about pics and progress, this thread is about strength and the beach body thread is for getting in shape, but no thread tells the truth exactly like it is regarding nutrition and I think everyone woiuld benefit from having a thread to go and look for information about that.

anyone with the required knowledge willing to invest the time?

Maybe I'm just too negative, but I think the general ignorance on Nutrition in OT would make it a disaster. I'd love to be proved wrong though.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Since Zoe brought up the topic of whey protein, I'd like to ask again what brands you guys typically buy and why. Sean answered earlier in the thread, but I'm hoping some others will chime in as well.

Also, do you guys use casein, too? I had a guy at work tell me about taking casein before bed after a workout day, but I really haven't looked into the stuff.

deadbeef

Since Zoe brought up the topic of whey protein, I'd like to ask again what brands you guys typically buy and why. Sean answered earlier in the thread, but I'm hoping some others will chime in as well.

Also, do you guys use casein, too? I had a guy at work tell me about taking casein before bed after a workout day, but I really haven't looked into the stuff.

I had great results with Optimum nutrition Casein but it's just too expensive now. I just buy the Muscle Tech whey at Sam's Club for the reasonable price

Cudder

Saw Cooter's bicep peak and said wow. Then I saw he wasn't even flexing his hand and my mind exploded.

When will it be my turn, etc etc

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Jesus Christ at Imm0rt4l...

How long have you been lifting and serious about fitness if you don't mind my asking?

Imm0rt4l

Impressive to say the least! You need to join team maintain! You're set my man!
Thanks fellas
dang man, looking as swole as sf4 character models and shit.

trying to reach gouken status

Awesome!!!!

You've inspired me to attempt my shitty Zyzz pose. I needed Mario for personal support.
LYwIyOd.jpg

I'm game.

7fef1615-c9d9-427a-b97c-757af7283620.jpg

Good shit guys, let's keep this congo line going.

Jesus Christ at Imm0rt4l...

How long have you been lifting and serious about fitness if you don't mind my asking?

I started seriously in college, but even then I was more or less just lunking weight around like a neandrathal and didn't know quite as much about nutrition and a plethora of other things. I already had a solid base before college though as I had done some lifting since high school, and was really big in fitness because of JROTC which I think taught me a lot of good discipline. It's hard to quantify, but I'd say I've trained seriously for 5 years, and maybe an additional 4 from high school which wasn't quite as serious.

Cudder

Hello fitgaf,

so i've been working out for about 4 months, and i stopped seeing gains after the third month(just took on fat). Don't know the first thing about fitness, just kinda made my own routine up as I went along.
Currently doing chest/triceps and back/biceps 4 days a week.
also taking Monster mass protein drink 4 scoops a day.

If anyone could recommend to me fitness regimen, and advice on what protein and how muck to use, i would greatly appreciate it.

if only there was a thread that had an abundance of info in the original post..

brb, scouring the internet for the answers to all of your questions

Madness

you know you could just ignore my post if you don't feel like helping.

"READ THE ENTIRE OP FIRST BEFORE REQUESTING HELP"

If you are going to request a routine or advice on a routine, please READ THE ENTIRE OP and then use this template:
Weight:
Goal:
Current Training Schedule:
Current Training Equipment Available:
Comments:

DID YOU READ THE OP YET"

Here I posted this from the OP of this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom