• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT5| Intermittent Farting, Wrist Curls and Hammer Strength Machine Spotters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I thought he was white, lol. Lookin good man!

Also, just took some video with my phone to test it out for when I start recording PR attempts. So ya'll will finally see me in motion!

what movie is that? looks like something I'd watch.

It's a series called Generation Kill. One of my absolute favorites and it's pretty spot on in accuracy as well in regard to culture, and goings on during the Iraq war.

Alright, here they come.

Military press (sorry for angle).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CirT6_OhlQ4&list=UUR_Gu9uB5kK78QuacYHONdA&index=1

DB Bench. (fixed angle).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uVjbYbk3r0&list=UUR_Gu9uB5kK78QuacYHONdA&index=2

Also, shave and a haircut.
60657_10200991632343978_113057734_n.jpg

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Alien, maybe I missed it in the thread, but what is your diet/training where you're eating a ton of shit and still losing weight?

Also those weights looked too easy.

Mik2121

Damn, Alienshogun you definitely don't look as I expected after reading so many of your posts on HaloGAF... Much more buffed than I expected!

Also you guys with skin-tight shirts... I wish I could wear one of those and not look stupid. Right now I'm kinda skinny (even worse compared to people like Inmortal or Alienshogun) and got a little bit of fat on my stomach that I need to get rid of... :(

BlueSteel

I think this is my first post here. Currently at 345 1rm for deadlift at 145 pounds. I'm trying to get it to maybe 375-400 in about two months or so.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Really excellent form man plus your lifting those DB's like they are two chicken drumsticks. Crazy impressive.

Lol. Thanks man. I really try to keep as strict form as possible.

Alien, maybe I missed it in the thread, but what is your diet/training where you're eating a ton of shit and still losing weight?

Also those weights looked too easy.

To be fair, I usually only eat like shit on my weekend when I train. And when I train, I train hard. There is no "diet." And my program is 5/3/1 with minor tweaks. During the week while I'm working I don't eat much at all, and what I do eat is typically a lot of protein. And thanks, they were easy because they aren't even close to my max. I took today easy because I'm prepping to test my 1RMs next week.

Damn, Alienshogun you definitely don't look as I expected after reading so many of your posts on HaloGAF... Much more buffed than I expected!

Also you guys with skin-tight shirts... I wish I could wear one of those and not look stupid. Right now I'm kinda skinny (even worse compared to people like Inmortal or Alienshogun) and got a little bit of fat on my stomach that I need to get rid of... :(

Yeah, I have that effect in this forum, lol. Especially when you "know" what most of Halogaf looks like.

grumble

some adults permanently injure their backs doing deadlifts

iirc i don't think bones fully develop until early 20s

if nothing happens and all goes well then thats great but they are kids its kinda risky business imo

Bone density peaks in your early 20s. Are you talking about growth plates? Because there haven't actually been many if any cases of that actually happening. Plus kids have more resilient soft tissues.

Szu

OK, let's get a few things out of the way for this morning.

ZaCH3000, I'm a fan of Body weight workouts, especially the ones that focus on the core.

Imm0rt4l, great shots. Already mentioned, but great lat spread.

Sphinx, I like Under Armor too. I've also got one of those T-shirts and a couple of sleeve-less ones too. The only problem I have with them is that sizes for these Compression shirts are very deceptive. I have to go either one or two sizes above my norm. I actually had to get an XL. I haven't own anything that's XL since my chubby days.

My only gripe is that sometimes it's a bitch taking it off after a hard workout. My arms kinda give out as I'm trying to pull the shirt over my head. For a few seconds, I resemble a giant ant and my arms look like ant feelers.

Alien, great form. What's with you guys and your red-and-yellow gyms? Sean has the same colors at his gym. Maybe that's the secret to mad gainz. I might have to find one so I can run wild like you, brother.

Sweet potato, that woke me up better than my coffee.

grumble

I tried squats again but lowered the weight even more to 175, cause while my legs felt strong enough to do way more, it felt like there was some sort of core imbalance or something that was causing me to lean slightly forward coming out from the bottom. It'll be nice to get up in weight again, but baby steps. Knees felt/feel great with the wraps and proper shoes.

I did some sets of dumbbell standing press with 75's and my shoulder clavicle made a REALLY loud pop sound. But there was no pain at all, no swelling, nothing at all out of the ordinary but I got kind of scared, I have no idea what that was. It was so loud it was like a bone snapped in half. That was yesterday and nothing feels weird today with any bones or joints, just a tiny amount of muscle soreness.

Sounds like what you're doing is called GMing out of the hole (goodmorning). There are a couple of different ways to handle it, but most of it is just practice with form and deliberate effort on keeping your chest up. I personally found that cues that worked for me were 'chest up' and 'drive through the upper thighs' instead of driving through the glutes which caused me to lean forward. It is a balance of activating your posterior chain and keeping it from having you do a good morning.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Awesome form, Alien. Especially like how strict your OHP is. I get all noodly armed by the end on mine :p

OK, let's get a few things out of the way for this morning.

ZaCH3000, I'm a fan of Body weight workouts, especially the ones that focus on the core.

Imm0rt4l, great shots. Already mentioned, but great lat spread.

Sphinx, I like Under Armor too. I've also got one of those T-shirts and a couple of sleeve-less ones too. The only problem I have with them is that sizes for these Compression shirts are very deceptive. I have to go either one or two sizes above my norm. I actually had to get an XL. I haven't own anything that's XL since my chubby days.

My only gripe is that sometimes it's a bitch taking it off after a hard workout. My arms kinda give out as I'm trying to pull the shirt over my head. For a few seconds, I resemble a giant ant and my arms look like ant feelers.

Alien, great form. What's with you guys and your red-and-yellow gyms? Sean has the same colors at his gym. Maybe that's the secret to mad gainz. I might have to find one so I can run wild like you, brother.

Sweet potato, that woke me up better than my coffee.

Thanks guys! Sean, that OHP was only my 5s week and I only did prescribed reps, that's why it didn't get squirrely at the end, and the key to my gains Szu is an intervenes Beefaroni drip.

We lift at McDonalds

Gold's(en Arches) Gym.

andycapps

so we hardly ever talk about gym wear: shirts, pants, etc is there a reason for that?

anyway, 3 days ago I bought 2 shirts from the brand Under Armour, first time I ever buy a shirt "compression" style. This means it's basically glued to your skin. (click here to see the product)

took a pic myself

shirt2_zps59dc5818.jpg

I really recommend it, lots of freedom, you hardly feel your sweat (goes away pretty fast) and it stretches and adapts to any move you do. I gotta say, It took a bit of courage to wear that... as you can see in the model in the link above, you are meant to have something to show :p and basically no fat in your gut.... While I understand it's just pure vanity to think about how I will look while working out, I don't want to feel I am getting ahead of myself and pretend I am what I am not, blahblah...

that being said, yesterday when I was done with chest/triceps and stared at the gym mirrors... damn, I was pleased with what I saw. Does not mean I have reached my goals, in the least, but signs of progress are always welcome.

I use some Under Armor compression shorts under some regular gym shorts to help with chafing or anything. Feels a lot better. And yeah, I use a Under Armour type shirt, but I prefer a baggier fit for lifting.

Lttp shitty phone pics

I usually wear a wifebeater/tank and also I cut the sides of regular graphic t-shirts to around my obliques. I probably look like a douche, but I give no fucks.

Damn. Respect.

SeanR1221

It's ok, we all make mistakes. ;)

Yep, all of them are worth it. I'd not lift without any of them.

Hm. Looks like the knee are a two pack but elbow is single. I think it's a good investment though. I also think I tend to over grip which doesn't help.

Might not even consult with the lady on this one and just go for it

Petrie

Banned
Hm. Looks like the knee are a two pack but elbow is single. I think it's a good investment though. I also think I tend to over grip which doesn't help.

Terrifying prospect. Likely to get me killed.

Crazy how hard it is to spend my money. :)

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun

If you get the "good" knee ones (the blue ones) they are sold per sleeve as well. At least they were when I bought them. They are great (and 7mm).

blackflag

Haha in that boat. Last night 2 pizzas and today a premium mc wrap, mc double medium fry and I just drank 2 20iz glasses of milk and ate a bowel if moose tracks ice cream. *bulkfist*

Fuck this cutting bullshit. I'm getting no results any better than when I was backloading. Doesn't make sense so just fuck it

SeanR1221

Terrifying prospect. Likely to get me killed.

Crazy how hard it is to spend my money. :)

That's because I have a lot saved up.

"Remember when you bought two winter coats and I said treat yourself?" ;)

If you get the "good" knee ones (the blue ones) they are sold per sleeve as well. At least they were when I bought them. They are great (and 7mm).

Crap just noticed.

So these

http://www.jackalsgym.com/store.aspx?prod_id=RH-KS

And

http://www.jackalsgym.com/store.aspx?prod_id=RH-ES2

?

CrankyJay

Banned
Fuck this cutting bullshit. I'm getting no results any better than when I was backloading. Doesn't make sense so just fuck it

Same...decided to just give it a rest for now and train and hard as I can but not obsess over any macro other than getting enough protein.

blackflag

Lttp shitty phone pics

I usually wear a wifebeater/tank and also I cut the sides of regular graphic t-shirts to around my obliques. I probably look like a douche, but I give no fucks.

Siiiiiiiick. I got that big wide lat spread too but I'm jelly of that definition. Soon.jpg

Petrie

Banned
Doing the same and I'm down to 197 now :)

Fuck this micro managing bullshit. Just eat clean and train hard.

bu..bu..but I'm at over 400 days straight logged on MFP!

Then again I simply love being OCD about such things, I love me some numbers and charts and references to go back to. I'm a crazy person.

SeanR1221

bu..bu..but I'm at over 400 days straight logged on MFP!

Then again I simply love being OCD about such things, I love me some numbers and charts and references to go back to. I'm a crazy person.

I'll log some stuff just to make sure my protein macro is being hit. So I'm still "logging" everyday ;)

My first major cheat meal is this weekend. Sushi buffet :-o

I haven't touched a beer in 5 weeks. Well, I had a coors light when I helped my friend move but that's water.

Szu

I'll log some stuff just to make sure my protein macro is being hit. So I'm still "logging" everyday ;)

I haven't touched a beer in 5 weeks. Well, I had a coors light when I helped my friend move but that's water.

380_curse-you-villain.jpg

Some quick sale alerts on supplementwarehouse.com (shipping is expensive thus you order in bulk; even with the increased shipping BB.com can't touch it).

ON Performance Whey (aka their recession brand): $25 for 4lbs
http://www.supplementwarehouse.com/search.asp?strSearch=performance+whey&submit2=Go!

Muscle Milk 2.47 lb tubs: $17
http://www.supplementwarehouse.com/brand.asp?brand=1616&subBrand=2585

Any good? I guess at that price, who cares lol.

Lttp shitty phone pics

God damn. You are a fucking beast.

And agreed. I wear random shit to the gym. No fucks given.

Perfect back-load food, tons of starchy white rice and lean fishy protein. And eel. Oh lord, eel.

Strengths:
Glutes
Quads
Hams
Triceps

Neutral:
Shoulders
Chest
Calves
Back
Lats

Weakness:
Neck
Biceps
Core
Traps
Neck
CARDIO

I've incorporated neck plate stuff, good mornings and farmers walks to address the weaknesses, go on a light family jog once a week (pushing the stroller gets your HR up quick!) and plan to start doing a HIIT session once a week as well.

grumble

similar to the 40-30-30 stated in the OP

What advantages do you expect this ratio to provide? Do you expect to be able to gain more muscle with less fat by following this ratio than if you chose something different?

That may not be the case. The whole concept of 'bulking cleanly' stands on shaky ground.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I can't seem to find anyone telling me straight up what's for real on this, but I need to know - are Quest Bars made with animal protein or no? For some reason that shit is hard to find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom