• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT5| Intermittent Farting, Wrist Curls and Hammer Strength Machine Spotters

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodchuck

What advantages do you expect this ratio to provide? Do you expect to be able to gain more muscle with less fat by following this ratio than if you chose something different?

That may not be the case. The whole concept of 'bulking cleanly' stands on shaky ground.

ok. do you have any good recipes for a shake that will help me bulk up aside from drinking a gallon of milk a day?

grumble

ok. do you have any good recipes for a shake that will help me bulk up aside from drinking a gallon of milk a day?

Sure, whole milk and protein powder, any flavour. It provides a decent amount of calories and protein, and is cheap and easy. You can make it in a shaker, no need to use a blender. Drinking a couple of those a day will allow you to get some nutritious high protein calories with minimal fuss.

woodchuck

2servings PB
1 serving protein powder
1 serving milk
optional:
banana, avocado, other fruit

Sure, whole milk and protein powder, any flavour. It provides a decent amount of calories and protein, and is cheap and easy. You can make it in a shaker, no need to use a blender. Drinking a couple of those a day will allow you to get some nutritious high protein calories with minimal fuss.

Thanks!

SeanR1221

And remember....

11238737x07-kingsize-homer.jpg

Noema

Now that I've been doing Kroc rows for about 6 weeks or so, I can already see the benefits they yield on my grip strength.

Lttp shitty phone pics

I usually wear a wifebeater/tank and also I cut the sides of regular graphic t-shirts to around my obliques. I probably look like a douche, but I give no fucks.
Great back man, keep at it!

Shogun. D: Always beasting it up I see.

EDIT: What is with you guys and back pics? I'm gonna start demanding you guys take leg shots.

Cutting down now.

My girlfriend occasionally mentions that she wishes I'd eat "real food" instead of protein powder (I add about a half scoop to my oatmeal in the morning).

I use this stuff, which is about as close to unadulterated food as protein powder can get.

She says this to me while she eats this for breakfast 6 days a week:

What the fuck GAF... just wtf.

hey guys, doesn anyone know any good iOS apps for fitness and calorie tracking?

like a pedometer, calories, fitness tracking, all that good stuff. is there something that tracks it all?

The Chef

Sugary cereal for breakfast is like people who drink soda first thing in the morning. Wtf is wrong with people. So gross. ...No saying your gf is gross but, well you know what I mean.

Szu

My girlfriend occasionally mentions that she wishes I'd eat "real food" instead of protein powder (I add about a half scoop to my oatmeal in the morning).

I use this stuff, which is about as close to unadulterated food as protein powder can get.

Hey, it's got whole grain and calcium GUARANTEED.

SeanR1221

Things are much easier when everyone is on the same page.

EDIT: What is with you guys and back pics? I'm gonna start demanding you guys take leg shots.

Cutting down now.

Dat outer quad. Holy shit.

Hack squats? Front squats?

I can try leg pics. It is hard to do so.

SeanR1221

Holy shit at wufeis legs.

Someone photoshop together his legs with szus arms and aliens back.

Now we just need a good core. I think Petrie has abs, right?

Hey, it's got whole grain and calcium GUARANTEED.

Fuck yeah.

Sugary cereal for breakfast is like people who drink soda first thing in the morning. Wtf is wrong with people. So gross. ...No saying your gf is gross but, well you know what I mean.

I get it man, trust me. She hates the texture of oatmeal, but I'm trying to help her make it a bit better by experimenting with the amount of milk/water we use, and then of course we both love eggs so we make those up as often as we have time for.

Holy shit at wufeis legs.

Someone photoshop together his legs with szus arms and aliens back.

Now we just need a good core. I think Petrie has abs, right?

This is a great idea.

Forget you bro, I skip leg day.
In all honesty I've skipped leg day the past like 3 weeks or so. How I have any size left is beyond me. Hitting them again today. The DOMS I'm gonna get...

I am wondering, how does one post glutes progress without getting banned?
You could just link it with a NSFW warning, which I probably should've done there. If I get banned for posting my legs... at least I went out with style?

Dat outer quad. Holy shit.

Hack squats? Front squats?

I can try leg pics. It is hard to do so.
My leg routine has always just been back squats, leg press, leg curls, leg extenstions, and calf raises. On hammy days I will do stiff legged deads. I seriously don't do anything special on leg day.

Haha good lord man those are stupendous. The only thing is they almost make your upper body look small because of how amazing your thighs are.
I'm okay with this!

omg are those legs for real? Freakin monster.
They're honestly smaller and less defined than earlier this year. :( Should look great again this summer.

Cudder

hey guys, doesn anyone know any good iOS apps for fitness and calorie tracking?

like a pedometer, calories, fitness tracking, all that good stuff. is there something that tracks it all?

myfitnesspal is probably the best of the lot for tracking macros and calories.

not too sure about actual fitness logging apps though as I have an Android.

sphinx

the piano man
You could just link it with a NSFW warning, which I probably should've done there. If I get banned for posting my legs... at least I went out with style?

I don't think your pic is bannable. It's just legs (and yeah a bit of something else, but not bad lol), people show pubes in other threads and go unbanned, you should be o.k.

and linking to a self-made NSFW pic, that's so boring, nobody cares about them.

My leg routine has always just been back squats, leg press, leg curls, leg extenstions, and calf raises. On hammy days I will do stiff legged deads. I seriously don't do anything special on leg day.

wow, exactly my leg moves. The guys with the biggest legs in my gym were always doing them so I basically followed them...

entremet

Strengths:

Traps, quads. (Thanks Mark Rippetoe!) Deads for my traps and squatting for my quads

Weaknesses:

Shoulders, arms basically (Thanks Mark Rippetoe!) I'm joking, SS is great, but it does miss arm isolation work.

Imm0rt4l

Thanks for all the kind words fellas!

Cutting down now.

Nobody can to compete with dat outter quad sweep

I actually find taking pictures of my quads to be tricky.

holy shit, you look amazing brah how long you've been lifting?

about 10 years, but it's really hard to quantify since I was lugging weights around like a cave man, progressively overloading and full of bro science. I think I started really seriously maybe 5 years ago in college, I also played rugby. I did fall off the wagon during my senior year since I was taking 20+ credits and working, had to prioritize.

ezrarh

Nothing like brolic pictures of gaffers to give me more motivation to lift. I've had a stomach bug for the last 5 days and it's making it hard for me to eat anything. Feeling fatigued too. Can't think of a worse illness to fuck with your lifting. Besides cancer, maybe. Hopefully it'll clear out after this weekend so I can get back to being buff.

Szu

Nothing like brolic pictures of gaffers to give me more motivation to lift. I've had a stomach bug for the last 5 days and it's making it hard for me to eat anything. Feeling fatigued too. Can't think of a worse illness to fuck with your lifting. Besides cancer, maybe. Hopefully it'll clear out after this weekend so I can get back to being buff.

Get well and come back strong.

SeanR1221

Thanks for all the kind words fellas!

Nobody can to compete with dat outter quad sweep

I actually find taking pictures of my quads to be tricky.

about 10 years, but it's really hard to quantify since I was lugging weights around like a cave man, progressively overloading and full of bro science. I think I started really seriously maybe 5 years ago in college, I also played rugby. I did fall off the wagon during my senior year since I was taking 20+ credits and working, had to prioritize.

I love reading this because only lifting for 15 months makes me an infant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom