• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT5| Intermittent Farting, Wrist Curls and Hammer Strength Machine Spotters

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanR1221

Now, this picture is more relevant.
2246608727_201249b4f1.jpg

That's me right now

Is there anything better than smoked salmon and eggs.

No. No there is not.

That looks delicious, I love salmon, but it's expensive.

*insert toystory woody and buzz pic

Gains....gains as far as the eye can see

You definitely won't have to worry about diminishing returns for a good while.

Yeah steady as she goes on progress. Not as fast as my gains were initially (obviously) but Im so much stronger than even compared to just last fall (I could only handle deadlifting 315 for 1 or 2 reps, now I could push out 5 or 6).

Me too high five. Errwait 17 months for me.

Really? You're pretty huge dude. You made a ton of progress in that amount of time. I always thought you were a long timer.

blackflag

Really? You're pretty huge dude. You made a ton of progress in that amount of time. I always thought you were a long timer.

I wish, but I was a former super obese dude until I started lifting so I think it is easier to come from that than to come from being super skinny.

I used to box and play football but that was over 20 years ago.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Thanks for the fitocracy adds. Y'all are about to see my blistering 60m of street hockey. Maybe I will follow that up with an excruciating 4mi 1hr walk. Don't get intimidated.

Zoe

hey guys, doesn anyone know any good iOS apps for fitness and calorie tracking?

like a pedometer, calories, fitness tracking, all that good stuff. is there something that tracks it all?

I use a combination of Myfitnesspal, Withings, Runkeeper, and Endomondo. There's a lot of overlap there, but I haven't found one app that really covers all the bases and connects to the sites that I use.

I am in love with deadlifts, it is the best compound exercise for me IMO. And it makes me sweat hard!! Someone show me how to do it in proper form!

blackflag

Does it matter getting fish oil in tablets vs liquid?

The reason these are good compared to most is because of the purity and amount of EPA and DHA which are the really important part of the Omega 3s. I was getting the Kirkland Brand until I found out how worthless they were.

Total Omega-3 Fatty Acids 2000mg **
EPA (Eicosapentaenoic Acid) 800mg
DHA (Docosahexaenoic Acid) 400mg
Mixed Fatty Acids 800mg

blackflag

The alaskan ones only have 220mg EPA and 180 DHA so the Controlled Labs ones are much better.

Hard to compare the multi. It has a lot less of everything but the controlled Labs ones also have a fully daily dose of Glucosomine and Chondriton which I'd have to buy separately so it makes it definitely worth it for me.

balddemon

Banned
cubesteak and grilled asparagus for dad's bday. then water gate cake later. if only I was burning the calories to justify this lol.

SeanR1221

The alaskan ones only have 220mg EPA and 180 DHA so the Controlled Labs ones are much better.

Hard to compare the multi. It has a lot less of everything but the controlled Labs ones also have a fully daily dose of Glucosomine and Chondriton which I'd have to buy separately so it makes it definitely worth it for me.

I think the counter argument I saw to this was that the salmon was pure whereas other fish oil pills you don't know where the fish is coming from...or something. Have you ever heard anything like this?

Also the salmon oil is cold pressed so its pure.

Noema

Is it just go heavy as fuck for 20 reps for 1 set? Or do you do this over many sets?

I worked my way up gradually to the heaviest dumbells in my gym (around 115lb) and I do 5 sets of 10 over a long ROM. I'll have to increase the reps per set since I don't have access to heavier dumbbells.

But generally the trademark of Kroc rows are: long ROM (much longer than regular dumbbell rows), as heavy as possible an high reps.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
What do you people who work out at school do to carry all your shit?

I have a locker at the gym but I don't trust leaving my shoes in there for days at a time. I don't want to carry 2 bags around. I can fit my clothes and shoes (barely) into my backpack, but it's a mess, and I can't bring a tablet or laptop now. I need something like a gym bag that has 2 compartments, but I also don't want my books and binders to be too "loose" in the bag, fucking them up, and I need the compartments to be well shielded from each other cause I don't want to turn in stinky papers.

Fuck, maybe it's worth the possibility of shoe theft instead of having to buy a separate bag and go through a bunch of hassle. The lockers have combinations, and I can also put my own lock on there, but I don't know much about lockbreaking to know how safe this would be with my stuff sitting in there for days at a time.

CrankyJay

Banned
What do you people who work out at school do to carry all your shit?

I have a locker at the gym but I don't trust leaving my shoes in there for days at a time. I don't want to carry 2 bags around. I can fit my clothes and shoes (barely) into my backpack, but it's a mess, and I can't bring a tablet or laptop now. I need something like a gym bag that has 2 compartments, but I also don't want my books and binders to be too "loose" in the bag, fucking them up, and I need the compartments to be well shielded from each other cause I don't want to turn in stinky papers.

Fuck, maybe it's worth the possibility of shoe theft instead of having to buy a separate bag and go through a bunch of hassle. The lockers have combinations, and I can also put my own lock on there, but I don't know much about lockbreaking to know how safe this would be with my stuff sitting in there for days at a time.

Anyone with a duffle bag can easily fit bolt cutters in there...I have one that will cut your lock no problem.

Is it really that much of a bother to carry two bags?

edit: LOL, when did I get tagged?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
That's not how I expected I wake up. Lol.

Anyway, lookin great a always Darth. That sure is a whole lot of quad work you do. It's no wonder they are so big. Are you still using they trainer?

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Anyone with a duffle bag can easily fit bolt cutters in there...I have one that will cut your lock no problem.

Is it really that much of a bother to carry two bags?

edit: LOL, when did I get tagged?

They'd have to crack the lockers combo lock too. Fuck carrying two bags, I'm way too lazy/forgetful for that shit. I might do it though, we'll see. Maybe if there was a small bag that I could strap onto my backpack or something that didn't take up space in the inside compartments.

CrankyJay

Banned
They'd have to crack the lockers combo lock too. Fuck carrying two bags, I'm way too lazy/forgetful for that shit. I might do it though, we'll see. Maybe if there was a small bag that I could strap onto my backpack or something that didn't take up space in the inside compartments.

Oh, double lock it then. My only thought is if they see two locks they'll know something extra valuable is in there.

SeanR1221

Alien. I measured my knee and elbow. Knees are right in the middle for a large but my elbow I right at 30cm (large goes from 28-30) I just can't imagine I'm an Xl. What do you wear?

bjb

Banned
Consider that if you go with neoprene they will stretch out a bit, but alternatively have a tendency to shrink up pretty good when you wash them. I went with large because it was in stock, and they've been fine for over a year. I'm definitely a medium too.

ACE 1991

Strengths:

Traps, quads. (Thanks Mark Rippetoe!) Deads for my traps and squatting for my quads

Weaknesses:

Shoulders, arms basically (Thanks Mark Rippetoe!) I'm joking, SS is great, but it does miss arm isolation work.

Yep, as does Strong Lifts. I can't wait to finally start hitting arms once I'm done with SL after this week... My arms are starting to look weird compared to how the rest of my body has been filling out in the past 3.5 months.

SeanR1221

Consider that if you go with neoprene they will stretch out a bit, but alternatively have a tendency to shrink up pretty good when you wash them. I went with large because it was in stock, and they've been fine for over a year. I'm definitely a medium too.

For elbows or knees?

Weakness:
Shoulders and lower back (recovering injuries)
Calves (even when I was competing in gymnastics my calves were tiny)
Abs (due to lower back recuperating)

Strength:
Quads
Flexibility

Neutral:
Arms
Upper back

After my physical therapy is over, I'm hopeful my body's progress evens out and I really start seeing quicker results

bjb

Banned
For elbows or knees?

Knees. Also I don't know how your cut is progressing, but I remember your past pics being a bit beefy. Might be something to consider - just a thought.

That being said, if you go with medium and their tight - try to avoid washing them too much. Only when you absolutely have too (and they stink).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom