• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT5| Intermittent Farting, Wrist Curls and Hammer Strength Machine Spotters

Status
Not open for further replies.

despire

So I'm going to Maine, USA in June with my GF and her family to visit their relatives. Haven't been to the USA before and it's unlikely I'll get another chance soon. So I'm thinking about buying some stuff that is otherwise pretty hard or expensive to come by in Finland.

One of the first things I was thinking of buying is a new lifting belt. My current one is pretty good but it's getting too big since I've lost some weight.

This is the first thing I thought about buying. Fell in love with it ever since Shogun linked it here:
elitefts™ P2 Power Belt

Then there's also these cheaper options:
EFS Economy Belt Single Prong
Premium elitefts™ P2 6.5mm Single Prong Power Belt

So one more expensive and two cheaper ones. Any thoughts on them? I guess the Economy belt is good enough and but the most expensive one pretty awesome looking. And what about the thinner version of the P2-belt? Worth considering?

CrankyJay

Banned
going back to hot fitness girls, Eva Andressa aus Brazil has some damn impressive legs and butt,

evaandressa_zps6077dcd5.jpg

watch her speak portuguese and perform some good mornings (you can thank me later, straight-GAF)

lol, holy shit...you made my monday

grumble

So I'm going to Maine, USA in June with my GF and her family to visit their relatives. Haven't been to the USA before and it's unlikely I'll get another chance soon. So I'm thinking about buying some stuff that is otherwise pretty hard or expensive to come by in Finland.

One of the first things I was thinking of buying is a new lifting belt. My current one is pretty good but it's getting too big since I've lost some weight.

This is the first thing I thought about buying. Fell in love with it ever since Shogun linked it here:
elitefts™ P2 Power Belt

Then there's also these cheaper options:
EFS Economy Belt Single Prong
Premium elitefts™ P2 6.5mm Single Prong Power Belt

So one more expensive and two cheaper ones. Any thoughts on them? I guess the Economy belt is good enough and but the most expensive one pretty awesome looking. And what about the thinner version of the P2-belt? Worth considering?

Look into best belts also, they are amazing.

MjFrancis

Ok today is the fattest and weakest day of the rest of my life. Day 1. I am going to be following the beginner's routine in the OP and adding cardio 5x a week. I have one question about starting.

What is the best way to find the weight I should be lifting on the various lifts? I know I'm supposed to use the bar first and then add 10/5 lbs depending on muscle group. I stop adding weight when I start slowing down in a set of 5, correct?

Height: 6 '1
Weight: 224
Goal: -10% BF this year, gain strength in all areas. Fit in size 34 pants (I wear loose fit 36)
Current Training Schedule: Beginner's routine from op plus cardio 5x/wk
Current Training Equipment Available: Fully equipped gym
Comments: I'll be taking pictures each month but I'm not going to post any until one of my thighs looks as big as Zhu's arms.
Why are you adding cardio 5x/week?

I'm guessing it's because you want to aid fat loss. I don't know what this cardio entails but if it's any more intense than walking 5x/week is too much and it's going to screw with your recovery from the linear progression in the beginner's routine. You'll likely stall sooner and plateau sooner, especially if you are going from nothing to 5x/week AND strength training AND dieting.

My philosophy is closely aligned with Al Kavadlo when he says death to cardio. Replace cardio with skill training. Don't run 5k every day to lose weight. Run 5k to get better at running 5k. If you want to improve your conditioning and be in better shape I've yet to find an article trump Jim Wendler's Conditioning 101 piece he did last year. Since you probably don't want to burn bright but quick and screw up your strength progression, don't jump into full-blown high-intensity conditioning right away. With beginner's strength programs the only conditioning I would suggest is walking a few miles 5x/week. Work up to it if you don't walk as it is. It's not glamorous, but for 3-6 months you're going to be kicking ass in the weight room. It will start out easy but if you're doing too much you'll crash hard. Introduce conditioning incrementally after you're done with the beginner's program (knowing that it will affect recovery).

Szu

so, this is my humble back pic, first and only time I have somewhat liked a back pic of mine. Sadly I have no fitting picture from 6 months ago, when I began working out, to do a before/after but it's o.k. Hopefully come next October I can put two pics side by side and see some progress.

backpic_zps08e31b35.jpg

EDIT: LOl, putting my pic in the middle of a hot girl craze, couldn't have had better timing, hahaha.

Cool, keep it up.

On a side note, I like this pose. It looks like some kind of action movie pose.
the-raid-redemption-574x381.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Ok today is the fattest and weakest day of the rest of my life. Day 1. I am going to be following the beginner's routine in the OP and adding cardio 5x a week. I have one question about starting.

What is the best way to find the weight I should be lifting on the various lifts? I know I'm supposed to use the bar first and then add 10/5 lbs depending on muscle group. I stop adding weight when I start slowing down in a set of 5, correct?

Goal: -10% BF this year, gain strength in all areas. Fit in size 34 pants (I wear loose fit 36)
Comments: I'll be taking pictures each month but I'm not going to post any until one of my thighs looks as big as Zhu's arms.

It looks like you want to be a monster - which means I would highly, HIGHLY recommend cutting that cardio out.

Yo, that is just the beginning. Once you hit the mid 20s for thighs/quads, you will feel like a man beast.

Szu

Great, now I think I look like this guy.

RaAhBBk4Tplguve9rG6kOlm6o1_400.png

MiKeD

Banned
So I'm about to finish GSP's Rushfit program today. Basically did it to see if I have the discipline to maintain a strict schedule for 8 weeks and wanted it to be an introduction into real fitness so I could finally sign up at a local gym.
(Results weren't shocking, but got a bit more toned in the belly area and my legs especially have gotten a lot stronger. Did the intermediate program btw.)
Gonna have to wait about 2 weeks before I'm going to sign up for a full year since I got some travelling to do.

Anyway, a couple of things: I'm scared to death for some odd reason. Even though their website says that they'll introduce me to how all the machines and equipment work, I'm fucking freightened lol. Maybe it's because I got pretty a small/skinny upper body and arms, I can't see myself going all out on the lowest of weights with all the people around there. I just seems and will look so fucking pathetic, goddamnit, but I'm going through with it.

I've been reading up on some of the stuff here and there, but you just get bombarded as a newcomer with information about literally everything. I want to hit the gym 5 times a week, mainly focusing on the upper body. I weigh about 77kg (170lbs) and am 184cm (just under 6ft1) tall but I look as if I only barely weigh 70kg. This is thanks to my pretty strong legs due to my soccer/squash background which add a couple of Kgs. I wanna get to around 85kg by the end of the year if that's possible.

I don't know if I'm going to be able to understand all the calculating, macros, percentages and all that. Will I get good results if I just have a good, healthy breakfast with loads of carbs before the workout, a protein shake and a protein loaded meal after and staying away from saturated fats while still getting protein, carbs and 'good' fats from different foods later during the day?

I guess I should wait to make a program of all the exercises I should do on each day after the intro with the dude from the gym. Been looking at BB.com's exercises page, though, with all the top rated exercises for each muscle group, looks like something I could base my workouts on.

My main concern I guess is that I won't lose all this fat without doing some cardio. Looking at the beginner's full body routine it seems like I'll be done in 30-40 minutes. Doing that 3 times each week just seems...weird. I'm on a ketogenic diet currently as well if that matters.

despire

So I'm about to finish GSP's Rushfit program today. Basically did it to see if I have the discipline to maintain a strict schedule for 8 weeks and wanted it to be an introduction into real fitness so I could finally sign up at a local gym.
(Results weren't shocking, but got a bit more toned in the belly area and my legs especially have gotten a lot stronger. Did the intermediate program btw.)
Gonna have to wait about 2 weeks before I'm going to sign up for a full year since I got some travelling to do.

Anyway, a couple of things: I'm scared to death for some odd reason. Even though their website says that they'll introduce me to how all the machines and equipment work, I'm fucking freightened lol. Maybe it's because I got pretty a small/skinny upper body and arms, I can't see myself going all out on the lowest of weights with all the people around there. I just seems and will look so fucking pathetic, goddamnit, but I'm going through with it.

I've been reading up on some of the stuff here and there, but you just get bombarded as a newcomer with information about literally everything. I want to hit the gym 5 times a week, mainly focusing on the upper body. I weigh about 77kg (170lbs) and am 184cm (just under 6ft1) tall but I look as if I only barely weigh 70kg. This is thanks to my pretty strong legs due to my soccer/squash background which add a couple of Kgs. I wanna get to around 85kg by the end of the year if that's possible.

I don't know if I'm going to be able to understand all the calculating, macros, percentages and all that. Will I get good results if I just have a good, healthy breakfast with loads of carbs before the workout, a protein shake and a protein loaded meal after and staying away from saturated fats while still getting protein, carbs and 'good' fats from different foods later during the day?

I guess I should wait to make a program of all the exercises I should do on each day after the intro with the dude from the gym. Been looking at BB.com's exercises page, though, with all the top rated exercises for each muscle group, looks like something I could base my workouts on.

There's all kinds of wrong here, especially the bolded parts. Did you read the OP?

As far as I can tell, you are still very much a beginner even if you did that particular program so yes, I would still recommend you do starting strength. You need to build a base to build upon. I know you say that you want to focus on a stronger upper body which is fine, but do not neglect legs. Read the article that SeanR1221 posted just a few posts up. Working out the legs doing heavy squats/deadlifts will help stimulate muscle growth everywhere.

I highly recommend that you do not try to make your own program just based off the exercise pages from BB.com. We have all been there and in the end, you will just end up failing due to lack of knowledge. Why are you doing a certain lift over the other? How are you handling stalls? How are you tracking progress? This is just something that as a beginner, you do not know. Do the OP and go from there. As you start to understand more and more about the basics, then you can start to branch out.

My main concern I guess is that I won't lose all this fat without doing some cardio. Looking at the beginner's full body routine it seems like I'll be done in 30-40 minutes. Doing that 3 times each week just seems...weird. I'm on a ketogenic diet currently as well if that matters.

In the first few weeks, yes, you will be done in 30 minutes. Sometimes even less. You will first focus on form and then go from there. When the weights get heavier and you are resting 3-5 minutes between sets, your time in the gym will increase :)

3-4 hours a week at the gym is more than enough time to see a difference. Depending on your skill level, this would increase depending on your goals but as a beginner, SS is more than enough for you.

As for cardio, you can do some on your off days and even after your lifts but the reason why you dial it back is because you do not want it to impact your lifts. Nothing wrong with some light, steady state cardio. Just have to be careful not to overdo it if you are lifting heavy.

http://www.t-nation.com/readArticle.do?id=5613459

Everyone should read this and it should go in the OP. seriously.

I care a lot about aesthetics, I'm not starting this with a goal of looking like Immortal or some of you other guys (no offense you guys are beast). Does that mean I should "train" until I am comfortable with my strength and then start "exercising" to maintain? This article is written more for folks that see a linear progression to their lifting that will see them get bigger and bigger and bigger. The pictures in that article are not what I'm looking for. I know this probably made some of you spit out your whey.

Edit: Thanks for the response FallingEdge

SeanR1221

I care a lot about aesthetics, I'm not starting this with a goal of looking like Immortal or some of you other guys (no offense you guys are beast). Does that mean I should "train" until I am comfortable with my strength and then start "exercising" to maintain? This article is written more for folks that see a linear progression to their lifting that will see them get bigger and bigger and bigger. The pictures in that article are not what I'm looking for. I know this probably made some of you spit out your whey.

You're not going to look like guys in the article unless you do YEARS of steady training and eating right.

Yes, starting off things will feel easy, but 5 pounds a week adds up quickly. Very quickly.

You will become aesthetically better by doing the beginner program too. I'm proof of that, I never had any significant changes until I got familiar with barbell training.

Yeah I know it takes years of hard work. I'm just getting overwhelmed with it all but I'll feel better after my first workout in a couple of hours I'm sure. But back to my original question, what is the prescribed method for finding your starting weights on your lifts for the first day?

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Why are you adding cardio 5x/week?

I'm guessing it's because you want to aid fat loss. I don't know what this cardio entails but if it's any more intense than walking 5x/week is too much and it's going to screw with your recovery from the linear progression in the beginner's routine. You'll likely stall sooner and plateau sooner, especially if you are going from nothing to 5x/week AND strength training AND dieting.

My philosophy is closely aligned with Al Kavadlo when he says death to cardio. Replace cardio with skill training. Don't run 5k every day to lose weight. Run 5k to get better at running 5k. If you want to improve your conditioning and be in better shape I've yet to find an article trump Jim Wendler's Conditioning 101 piece he did last year. Since you probably don't want to burn bright but quick and screw up your strength progression, don't jump into full-blown high-intensity conditioning right away. With beginner's strength programs the only conditioning I would suggest is walking a few miles 5x/week. Work up to it if you don't walk as it is. It's not glamorous, but for 3-6 months you're going to be kicking ass in the weight room. It will start out easy but if you're doing too much you'll crash hard. Introduce conditioning incrementally after you're done with the beginner's program (knowing that it will affect recovery).

This is great on many levels! Read this and read it again all you beginners! Nice work Francis!

Rippetoe is so gud.
Also used rippetoe at the start.
Comfort of home gym so i also started with barebone barbell no plates to get used to the exercises.

Regarding cardio, people should listen to this: Episode 3 of Muscle College Radio is Now LIVE! Dr. Wilson and I annihilate cardio myths!

Basically they say studies showed slow steady cardio kills legs muscle gains and should cause atrophy, while true HIT should at least maintain the muscles if not improve their look. Lots of good info there.

When i did jogging as cardio for the first 2 months of this year my squat kept on getting lower.
Now i do what feels like 2~3 times as intense HIIT program and gain some Squat numbers back and can keep it at this level.

kylej

Banned
Oh yeah Eva Andressa's ass and legs are otherworldly.

In more frustrating news, I feel like I have a very slight bout of tendonitis somewhere in my non-dominant arm's tricep. One of the tendons right behind my elbow there feels very tender when I press it, but I have no loss of strength, no burning sensation, no size difference, etc. I'm hoping some trigger point therapy will resolve it. :(

abuC

Eat, lift heavy, eat, sleep and repeat.

You don't have to worry about getting as big as those dudes in the picture, this is a slow walk through the woods and you can stop when you reach the area you want and admire the scenery. Those guys have been lifting for years and years, and probably did a cycle or two just looking at them. I don't know what your goal is, but just lift and progress with the weights you'll reach the goal you want.

MjFrancis

This is great on many levels! Read this and read it again all you beginners! Nice work Francis!
Thank you. I've been thinking of adding something like that paragraph to the OP, since conditioning or cardiovascular tips are noticeably absent. There's just so much to teach, though, especially considering the OP never even had an explicit answer to the following question -

Yeah I know it takes years of hard work. I'm just getting overwhelmed with it all but I'll feel better after my first workout in a couple of hours I'm sure. But back to my original question, what is the prescribed method for finding your starting weights on your lifts for the first day?

From Starting Strength, 3rd Edition, in particular regards to the squat:

Mark Rippetoe said:
The general plan is to do a couple more sets of five reps with the empty bar to nail down the form, and then add weight, do another set of five, and keep increasing in even increments until the next increase would compromise the form. Sets of five are a good number to learn with – not so many that fatigue affects form during
the last reps, but enough to establish and practice the technique while handling enough weight to get strong. Increments for increasing the weight between sets will vary with the trainee. Lightweight, unconditioned kids need to go up in 10–15 lb or 5–7.5 kg jumps. Older or stronger trainees can use 20–30 lb or 10–15 kg increments. Decide which jumps best fit your situation, being conservative since it is your first day. Most people will try to increase the weight by increments that are too large for this point in the teaching method. Go on up in weight, practicing good form and making sure to keep good depth, until you can tell that the next jump up would alter your form. Then do two more sets at the current weight, for a total of three sets across with the heaviest weight. And that is the first squat workout.

Other linear progression programs start a novice with the 45lbs bar and working up from there. For some, that's probably a decent bet to learn proper form and practice with lighter weights before moving up. With 10lbs and 5lbs jumps it won't take long for the weight to get heavy. Either way you learn form at a lighter weight before moving on to heavier weights where form aberrations can be dangerous.

Cudder

Had a cheat weekend, not a single fuck given. Back to calorie counting today.

Its also chest and Tris day. Going to see if maybe i can give the 90lb dumbbells a try, as I've only gone up to 85lbs for flat bench.

Holden

Noone ever answers me in this thread, but i'll try again anyway. been lifting weights all my life but have been unable to get bigger, so i'm trying out protein shakes (altho this just seems like a waste of money since i dont plan on drinking these for the rest of my life..I am looking for a stable, habitual fitness plan that I can adhere to for the my life)

I bought this because it was on sale at 24 hr Fitness
l_np-1099.png

Was 40$ on sale (60$ regularly)
pros: tastes like chocolate milk, very delicious.
con: very expensive

So I bought this from Trader Joes because it is a lot cheaper:
MET-Rx-Protein-Shake-1.jpg

pros: cheap
con: absolutely disgusting. undrinkable. tastes like muddy water that has been shit in by 50 different species.

Is there an affordable protein shake that tastes good?
Additionally, very newbie question, but how much protein should be intaking a day? I am 150lbs, pretty ripped but not very big.. I read online that if you work out you should be taking 150g/200g of protein for a guy my size? That doesn't seem right since that is like 6-8 scoops per day which is an outrageous sum of money.

Also, do you need take, or is it beneficial to take protein shakes after you run? (60min run)

Lastly: Do you need to take protein shakes on days you are not working out, and if so, how much? Less than usual?

thanks fitness gaf, please do respond..

edit: oops, logged in to my brothers account. I am nilbog21

ToxicAdam

Protein powder is just a supplement, not a main course.

You need to eat more real food. All day, every day.

yes, Sam's Club sells a 5 lb bag for 35 dollars. It doesn't taste amazing, but it tastes good.

Holden

People tell me to just eat a bunch of chicken, but that seems really unhealthy considering the reasons why unorganic chicken is that cheap in the first place..

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
I have generally shitty eating habits, but I've noticed recently that when I eat a meal, I tend to get hungry in a few hours. Does that happen to any of you?

grumble

Noone ever answers me in this thread, but i'll try again anyway. been lifting weights all my life but have been unable to get bigger, so i'm trying out protein shakes (altho this just seems like a waste of money since i dont plan on drinking these for the rest of my life..I am looking for a stable, habitual fitness plan that I can adhere to for the my life)

I bought this because it was on sale at 24 hr Fitness
l_np-1099.png

Was 40$ on sale (60$ regularly)
pros: tastes like chocolate milk, very delicious.
con: very expensive

So I bought this from Trader Joes because it is a lot cheaper:
MET-Rx-Protein-Shake-1.jpg

pros: cheap
con: absolutely disgusting. undrinkable. tastes like muddy water that has been shit in by 50 different species.

Additionally, very newbie question, but how much protein should be intaking a day? I am 150lbs, pretty ripped but not very big.. I read online that if you work out you should be taking 150g/200g of protein for a guy my size? That doesn't seem right since that is like 6-8 scoops per day which is an outrageous sum of money.

Also, do you need take, or is it beneficial to take protein shakes after you run? (60min run)

Lastly: Do you need to take protein shakes on days you are not working out, and if so, how much? Less than usual?

Well, you eat protein via regular food; the shakes are just to top you up if you're a bit short. If you eat a smart diet with meat, dairy, high-protein veggies, etc then you may find you don't need the shakes at all.

As for me, I just buy unflavoured protein powder and mix it with milk. If you want to, mix it with chocolate milk or add cocoa powder and it'll taste fine. If you want to make a good one, blend it with some frozen fruit or even some ice cream, PB, whatever if you want to gain weight.

ToxicAdam

People tell me to just eat a bunch of chicken, but that seems really unhealthy considering the reasons why unorganic chicken is that cheap in the first place..

You don't just have to do chicken. You can do tuna, pork, nuts, eggs, beans, soy, energy bars and on and on. The only limit is your wallet and your imagination.

If you are really serious about gaining mass, you have to get really serious about eating. Which will involve more cooking, more meals, more money and record keeping.

Dash27

Whoops I see Sean posted this already... well here it is again.

Full disclosure: I've transitioned out of 5/3/1 and I'm back to crossfit. Mine includes doing one of the 4 main lifts each day for strength, so i feel like it's a good balance.

Anyway, this article by Rip on strength vrs randomized exercise like Crossfit P90x etc makes me question it:

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/most_recent/rippetoe_throws_down

The harder programs like CrossFit and P90X are about the "burn," the sweat, the heart rate, the feeling of being "gassed" or "thrashed" or "fried" or "crushed" – they're about the perceived physical effects of the workout or immediately after the exercises are performed.

The random nature of the exercises ensures that you'll be "crushed" every time, because it guarantees that you won't adapt to the work. Either way, they're really about what happens today.

Successful lifters, bodybuilders, and strength athletes all have one thing in common: their training is based around six or seven basic barbell movements, and the variables that are manipulated are volume, intensity, and rest, not the number of exercises.

Because there aren't very many exercises that can actually be trained.

History tells us what works in the gym, and everything else walks down the road with a carrot in its ass.

balddemon

Banned
good new everyone! my bench is officially higher than my squat!

squatted 95x2x5 and 1x10
benched 160x3x5
then some isolation work for my leg and a bunch of pullups

I tell you what, the leg extension is the worst pain I have ever felt. even doing only 30 pounds I could barely extend my leg fully.

I also have a question about squats. I don't know if it was my stance, or just a weak right leg, but unless I really concentrated on going down in a straight line, most of the weight was on my left leg. going up, more of the weight shifted to my right so it was more evenly distributed. any suggestions on how to fix it?

grumble

Whoops I see Sean posted this already... well here it is again.

Full disclosure: I've transitioned out of 5/3/1 and I'm back to crossfit. Mine includes doing one of the 4 main lifts each day for strength, so i feel like it's a good balance.

Anyway, this article by Rip on strength vrs randomized exercise like Crossfit P90x etc makes me question it:

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/most_recent/rippetoe_throws_down

There are good crossfit gyms, and there are a lot of bad ones. If there isn't a systematic prgression of some kind, there's an issue with your programming. If you don't have a strong foundation of strength, then you won't be a well-rounded athlete. Strong comes first, as it makes everything else easier to get, and you need to have enough recovery left to get stronger. You also don't want to hurt yourself, so certain movements and programming that can be common in crossfit (kipping, SDHP, technical movements for time) is bad.

If you've read rippetoe's work and done some independent research, then I'm not saying anything you don't already know! I'm sure you can evaluate your own situation better than we can. For what it's worth, I like crossfit's conditioning workouts (in moderation). Keep us posted!

Cagey

Banned
Next week I get into a legitimate gym for the first time in many years. Two full weeks of vacation, so time is no issue.

As background... I lifted from 2006-2009 with a brief break in there, and then stopped in Summer 2009 as I went to law school. I emphasized deads and squats while doing a standard BBing routine back then. Been lifting again since Summer 2011. No deads, no freeweight squats or bench because "lol fitness center" (#teamsmithmachine #poverty).

Nevertheless, made use of the equipment available because there's no excuses, had some significant strength gains on what I was able to get done (seated military, rows, bench, accessory lifts (yay for maxing out the leg extension machine rofl)) and got a decent body transformation out of it.

Now I get access to an actual gym, after ~20 months of being back in the game. Should I just jump into an SS or Reg Park 5x5 type routine (prefer the latter due to focus on deadlift)? Or try my hand at the routines I'd be doing with a full gym at my disposal?

Petrie

Banned
Took Shogun to heart on focusing on what I really want, so will be continuing he 5/3/1 bodybuilding routine, but doing biceps twice a week, on both back day and shoulders day. It's the part of my aesthetics I'm least satisfied with, and will become a focus.

Not the same as a lot of the guys here with primarily strength goals, but I'm pleased with where my strength is at.

SeanR1221

Took Shogun to heart on focusing on what I really want, so will be continuing he 5/3/1 bodybuilding routine, but doing biceps twice a week, on both back day and shoulders day. It's the part of my aesthetics I'm least satisfied with, and will become a focus.

Not the same as a lot of the guys here with primarily strength goals, but I'm pleased with where my strength is at.

Yeah between shogun and the Rip article I've been rethinking things. I'm going to finish out this cycle of Coan and then start 5/3/1 this summer. Here's what I have in mind for the next 8 weeks (obviously the main lifts are moving on linear progression)

Day 1- bench, close grip, incline, dips and skull crushers.

Day 2- deadlift, pendlay rows, farmers walks and shrugs

Day 3- OHP, seated db press, side raise and two bicep exercises.

Day 4- squat, good morning, leg press and front squats.

First workout complete. Some bro took my towel off my water bottle and used it as a pad while he was doing his squats. The fuck.

Also my legs don't work right now.

Imma do what blackflag suggested and do arms everyday at the gym. Nothing crazy, just curls @ 4x10-12

Thanks to Shogun, I have switched over to the Periodization Bible version of 5/3/1 and really enjoy it so far.

Military Press (5/3/1)
• Shoulders or Chest – 5 sets of 10-20 reps (DB bench, DB Incline, DB Military, Incline press, Dips, Pushups)
• Lats or Upper Back – 5 sets of 10-20 reps (DB rows, Bent Over Rows, Chins, T-bar Rows, Lat Pulldowns, Face Pulls, Shrugs)
• Triceps – 5 sets of 10-20 reps (Triceps Pushdowns or Triceps Extensions)

Deadlift (5/3/1)
• Hamstrings – 5 sets of 10-20 reps (Leg Curls, Glute-Ham Raise)
• Quads – 5 sets of 10-20 reps (Leg Press, Lunges, Hack Squats)
• Abs – 5 sets of 10-20 reps (Sit-ups, Hanging Leg Raises, Ab Wheel, DB Side Bend)

Bench Press (5/3/1)
• Shoulders or Chest – 5 sets of 10-20 reps (DB bench, DB Incline, DB Military, Incline press, Dips, Pushups)
• Lats or Upper Back – 5 sets of 10-20 reps (DB rows, Bent Over Rows, Chins, T-bar Rows, Lat Pulldowns, Face Pulls, Shrugs)

Squat (5/3/1)
• Low Back – 5 sets of 10-20 reps (Reverse Hyper, Back Raise, Good Morning)
• Abs – 5 sets of 10-20 reps (Sit-ups, Hanging Leg Raises, Ab Wheel, DB Side Bend)

Want to try glute ham raises on the lat pulldown machine. I'm sure I will look awkward as fuck.

abuC

Imma do what blackflag suggested and do arms everyday at the gym. Nothing crazy, just curls @ 4x10-12

Thanks to Shogun, I have switched over to the Periodization Bible version of 5/3/1 and really enjoy it so far.

Military Press (5/3/1)

Deadlift (5/3/1)
• Hamstrings – 5 sets of 10-20 reps (Leg Curls, Glute-Ham Raise)

Bench Press (5/3/1)

Squat (5/3/1)
• Low Back – 5 sets of 10-20 reps (Reverse Hyper, Back Raise, Good Morning)

Want to try glute ham raises on the lat pulldown machine. I'm sure I will look awkward as fuck.

Weighted dips man, add them into the routine.

And LMAO @ That gif Szu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom