• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT6| Defying gravity, Quest madness, and Muscle Shaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chocobro

Hi Fit-GAF, I'm back with a video looking for some help on my low bar squat form.

It's not a great video, but it has a glimpse of my bar position and grip, but focuses mostly on my lower back rounding out,

Any help would be appreciated

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gv8Y8syMosQ&feature=youtu.be

The squats looks good to me. The lower back rounding is probably just slight lumbar flexion. I probably wouldn't worry about it too much, but if you really want to work on it, I would suggest you to do some mobility work that can decrease it. I personally don't have any suggestions at hand to go about it, but I'm sure you can find stretches and such on YouTube or websites that can help.

EDIT: You can use a slightly wider stance to help reduce the 'lower back rounding'.

Easier said than done. Many men before you have spilled their blood in pursuit of spousal fitness routines.

I cannot for the life of me keep my wife on a routine, We go together on Sundays but she never goes on the 2 days of the week where she is suppose to go by herself, so she's pretty much jsut exercises one day a week now. The problem is shes has some ungodly metabolism so she eats spaghetti and oreos every day and never gains any weight so it's not like she needs to go to the gym, I'm just trying to get her a squat booty

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
I cannot for the life of me keep my wife on a routine, We go together on Sundays but she never goes on the 2 days of the week where she is suppose to go by herself, so she's pretty much just exercises one day a week now. The problem is shes has some ungodly metabolism so she eats spaghetti and oreos every day and never gains any weight so it's not like she needs to go to the gym, I'm just trying to get her a squat booty
Oh how I love me a squat booty!

rokkerkory

Some dinner, crab salad

1653684_10152193307218758_496239200_n.jpg

I cannot for the life of me keep my wife on a routine, We go together on Sundays but she never goes on the 2 days of the week where she is suppose to go by herself, so she's pretty much jsut exercises one day a week now. The problem is shes has some ungodly metabolism so she eats spaghetti and oreos every day and never gains any weight so it's not like she needs to go to the gym, I'm just trying to get her a squat booty

This is my wife. She does the occasional yoga, lifting, rowing, etc. she has great abs and still fits into everything from high school. Yet, she eats cookies, bread, pasta and anything else she wants.

For those of you who do use a preworkout, what do you take and why? (If you don't take one, don't tell me.)

I occasionally use ACG3 from NDS because it hits me hard and I don't crash off it. Nor do I get a headache. It just tapers off. Everything else just feels gross in my system.

SeanR1221

For those of you who do use a preworkout, what do you take and why? (If you don't take one, don't tell me.)

I occasionally use ACG3 from NDS because it hits me hard and I don't crash off it. Nor do I get a headache. It just tapers off. Everything else just feels gross in my system.

My wife swear by C4 if she goes after a 12-13 hour nursing shift. Coffee doesn't agree with her stomach so she enjoys this.

I've tried it but haven't noticed a big difference, but I'm a coffee fiend. I usually drink 2 cups before even leaving the house and then take another to go.

Veezy

que?
The Chronicles of being a PT Manager in a 120,000 square foot, 17 million dollar gym, are coming.

Get excited. I have many stories to tell.

A thought, to ponder, how metaphorical is it that this location is built upon a sink hole?

MrToughPants

Brian Burke punched my mom
What did ya get? I have the elbow, knee sleeves and the compression pants. Love their stuff.

I got the blue 7mm knee sleeves. My knees are aching from being on my knees everyday but once I had them on it was gone.

How often do you guys wash them?

Looks like my Tennis Ball Romaleos will come in today :D

My left earbud is playing sound at a significantly less decibel level than my right. I'm looking for new ones, but I come to you guys for advice. I won't do bluetooth again unless it holds a long charge. What do you guys use while working out, and do they sound good?

My last two have been $20 Sony earbuds that wrap around my ear. I've loved them, but I wouldn't mind dropping a bit more cash for ones that sound good and last longer.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
My left earbud is playing sound at a significantly less decibel level than my right. I'm looking for new ones, but I come to you guys for advice. I won't do bluetooth again unless it holds a long charge. What do you guys use while working out, and do they sound good?

My last two have been $20 Sony earbuds that wrap around my ear. I've loved them, but I wouldn't mind dropping a bit more cash for ones that sound good and last longer.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0094R2HZQ/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Should last you ages, made specifically for working out. Think about em!

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DDPZ5N6/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I got the blue 7mm knee sleeves. My knees are aching from being on my knees everyday but once I had them on it was gone.

How often do you guys wash them?

Looks like my Tennis Ball Romaleos will come in today :D

Once they make my garage smell like I'm storing a corpse I might wash them a week later. Lol. Seriously. I don't wash them enough.

I've been using these for the past couple years
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005M7AVLO/?tag=neogaf0e-20
Great sound, iphone controls, and since they're in-ear, they cancel a good amount of noise (i also wear these in the office lol)

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Personally I wouldn't roll my back. I'd use something like a lacrosse ball and a Thera cane. Rolling your back is potentially dangerous for your spine apparently according to McGill.

Personally I wouldn't roll my back. I'd use something like a lacrosse ball and a Thera cane. Rolling your back is potentially dangerous for your spine apparently according to McGill.

I've always suspected it is bad for one's back... But the feeling of cracking my back with it is soooo good. I only do it once every month or two, but dammit, it is so good. Probably going to ruin my spine before I'm thirty though.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I've always suspected it is bad for one's back... But the feeling of cracking my back with it is soooo good. I only do it once every month or two, but dammit, it is so good. Probably going to ruin my spine before I'm thirty though.

Look up Brian Carroll and his injury and how MCGill is putting him back together.

My lady meal prepped our lunches for us this week.

Honey Chipotle glazed ground turkey meatballs sitting on a bed of cilantro lime rice. So damn good.

sphinx

the piano man
a much better shoulder/OHP session today.

I think the number one thing to remember when trying to break PRs is:

DON'T PANIC!!

set-up and getting into start position must be done with quality, not too fast, not too slow, otherwise you start not feeling your body and you breath like an idiot. I just kept telling to myself "this is not a special weigth or anything, is just the weight I'll lift"

and between eating and sleeping, the later is EASILY more important for a good gym session, at least for me. I've been checking how my body reacts and if I sleep more than 8 hours, I am all set. If I sleep 5 hours, doesn't matter what or how much I eat, I am screwed.

I remember first getting back into exercising after tearing my acl. Foam rolling your IT Bands hurt so good.

edit: and my lord sphinx you are correct. sleep is so damn important. i always try to go to bed now by 9pm the night before my 5am workouts. that, eating a bit more carbs during dinner and a cup of black coffee before the gym have really made a difference in improving my mood while squatting at this godforsaken hour.

J. Bravo

Why do some lifts suffer while others are beasting? Like my deadlift and ohp soared a while ago, and my squat and bench stagnated. Now my dl/ohp suck, and mu bench and squat are doing pretty well.

like today I only got 1 rep on ohp at 160, whereas I used to be able to get 2-4. Ohp has really sucked lately.

Why do some lifts suffer while others are beasting? Like my deadlift and ohp soared a while ago, and my squat and bench stagnated. Now my dl/ohp suck, and mu bench and squat are doing pretty well.

like today I only got 1 rep on ohp at 160, whereas I used to be able to get 2-4. Ohp has really sucked lately.

OHP has always been rough for me as well. I dropped weight on it again to work more on form and making sure I'm not fucking up my shoulders by over exercising one aspect of it.

Mark1

An update from me, since October time. I have seen some gains, particularly with the pecs, quads and triceps to a lesser extent. My ass is also looking pretty good as well (if comments by others are anything to go by)

v29k8uE.jpg

MZPI7oo.jpg

oIWroCF.jpg

sphinx

the piano man
your shirtless pic shows a solid, strong upperbody Mark1, congrats on that!

I think you will have to eat more than you actually do if you want to continue growing, though.

what are your goals midterm?

Mark1

your shirtless pic shows a solid, strong upperbody Mark1, congrats on that!

I think you will have to eat more than you actually do if you want to continue growing, though.

what are your goals midterm?
Thanks very much mate! I've had quite a lot of guys chat with me online and offline so I'm happy where this is going :p

I always try to eat as much as I can.

I plan to keep bulking until the end of April then go on a cut for the end of June (in time for the summer holidays in July (hopfully I'll have a good six pack at that time, my stomach feels tight atm)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom