• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT6| Delete your accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ophelion

uynnwd7.png

So, whoever runs her twitter feed has just been let off the chain after "delete your account", huh? This should be interesting...

mo60

So Trump is leading the GOP into a presidential election underfunded, without strategy, and divided. Simply amazing.

I would be amazed at this point if trump lost the election by 15%+ because of the way he is running his camapign so far, but sadly that's unikely to happen.

Farmboy

It's still baffling how the entire GOP field let Trump through

Their chief mistake was overestimating their base. Progressives always knew a huge chunk of GOP voters in general and tea partiers in particular were, to put it bluntly, rubes filled with racial resentment who were ripe for the picking by a racist populist. But we'd long assumed that the GOP establishment knew that too, and had been cynically exploiting them with their dog whistles.

Turns out they didn't fully realize it at all... until it was way too late.

Paskil

By those standards, I also consider myself a campaign source and demand official recognition and comment from Queen. I also have a brain and can state that Elizabeth Warren is under consideration for VP.

Ophelion

Would it be a mistake for Hillary to pick a woman as VP?

It sucks, but reality is, sexism still exists in this country. Will a woman in the #1 and #2 spot discourage some people?

I don't think having a man subordinate to Hillary would really turn sexists around on her ticket though. In fact, it might be "worse" from a certain perspective...

Kemal86

It sucks, but reality is, sexism still exists in this country. Will a woman in the #1 and #2 spot discourage some people?

I don't think it would discourage certain people *more* than having Barack at the top of the ticket did.

kirblar

Hillary's winning white women by a big margin. A woman actually might be the better option- just double down on it.

Wallach

No. It's only gaining traction among those already convinced that Hillary is a master criminal.

It's too early for it to stick as a news story unless some real dirt is dug up from it. It'll probably get forgotten when the FBI comes out and says there are no charges from their investigation.

The people that would be frothing at the mouth at having females as the President and the Vice President would probably also be raging at just having a female be the president. Won't make much of a difference in my opinion.

Emarv

On balance, I'd say yeah. It'd cause a LOT more of the ugly parts of the country to come out.

The rationale behind it is that 1) maybe it causes Clinton to gain ground among white women (Romney won white women but Trump is quickly losing ground), and 2) having two women on the ticket could really set Trump off and make him go crazier and meaner, turning more independents off.

I starting to really think she's not gonna be it. All of this pressure and media, I think Clinton and Warren will strike a deal for what they want her role to be this fall and after the election, but that her team will still go in a different direction.

Bowdz

It's sad to say, but I do think this view should be considered when picking the VP. It is partially why I think Perez or Bacerra would be better picks (in addition to the fact that it would expand the demographics of the ticket to break multiple boundaries).

No, the pros far outweigh the cons.

The only issue with Warren IMO is lack of foreign policy experience (in the event she becomes POTUS).

fauxtrot

Banned

I'm a little worried that having interns help her run her twitter like "the kids do" might blow up in her face if this kind of stuff becomes a regularity. I don't wanna see the young people she's trying to court turn even farther away from her because Hillary's attempts to get their attention are so transparent.

Trump's the nominee so we can get away with whatever the fuck we want this cycle. Seriously. We could have a trans vice presidential pick and we'd still win.

Dealing with Sanders supporters hate on Twitters against Hillary. I really wanna swat their opinions. I was a Sanders supporter but even I've come around to supporting Hillary against the abomination that is Trump. Anyone got a concise argument I can put to people that'll convince them that the statement "Hillary is wank mate" is stupid and illogical?

"You're British mate and can't vote"?

royalan

Honestly, and this may be because I'm bored at work, but I think the question is thread worthy.

The primaries are over, so the thread doesn't have to turn into a Hillary v Bernie shit fest. And it's genuinely remarkable and worth discussion that we could have an all women ticket this election.

Meowster

BREAKING NEWS (NOT):
Nothing will make Trump double down on his misogyny and lead even more women to Clinton than this. Let it happen. Like has been said before, might as well double down on the female vote because I doubt it'll make a difference among sexist men since a woman will be leading it anyways.

Ophelion

I'm a little worried that having interns help her run her twitter like "the kids do" might blow up in her face if this kind of stuff becomes a regularity. I don't wanna see young people turn away from her because Hillary is trying too hard to court their vote.

As long as they don't start posting for her using any kind of slang ever, I think it could be ok. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if her camp was just surprised at how widely positive the first one was. Now they're maybe testing the waters to see if this is something they can keep going or if it was a one time thing.

The idea that there's at least one person on her staff whose job is in part to talk shit at Donald Trump over Twitter is kind of hilarious though. Someone's getting paid for this, you guys.

fauxtrot

Banned
What's Barney Frank up to? I'd love to see him officially back on the political stage... why not make double-history by having the first woman president and the first out VP?

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Nina Turner apparently deciding to ignore what's going on and attack Warren.

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/06/san...doesnt-get-brownie-points-for-slamming-trump/
This is why you don't have true believers as campaign surrogates.

Nina Turner said she didn’t think Warren could woo Sanders supporters if Hillary Clinton chose her as running mate, saying the Massachusetts senator hadn’t done enough to help her colleague from Vermont during his primary campaign, reported The Hill.
“It’s easy for Democrats to attack Mr. Trump,” said Nina Turner, the former state senator from Ohio. “You don’t get any brownie points from me and other progressives for getting into a Twitter war with Mr. Donald Trump. That’s easy. But when the fight was hard for Sen. Bernie Sanders, where was Sen. Warren?”

Emarv

What's Barney Frank up to? I'd love to see him officially back on the political stage... why not make double-history by having the first woman president and the first out VP?

Trying to hold onto his spot at the DNC and not kill Sanders every time he sees him.

I thought trump still has the majority of the support of white women.

Hillary is slaughtering with college educated white women, but is struggling with white women with low levels of education.

Uneducated white women she is struggling with. Not sure how the Dems should appeal to that group. Really struggling with obesity and mental illness and drug addiction, but still voting GOP.

Gotchaye

If there's one thing I love about this week, it's that Dems have completely shattered the myth of "Teflon Don."

Turns out Donald can be trolled. Pretty easily too. Republicans are just remarkably incompetent these days.

I don't think that there's something else Jeb or Rubio could have done along these lines. I think it's about the audience. Everyone running against Trump tried mocking him and dismissing him as unserious and crazy. It didn't work because in the primary there was no constituency ready to jeer along with the candidates. I mean, Clinton's basic approach in her speech was just to start quoting Trump and inviting the audience to laugh. Jeb couldn't have gotten away with that because his audience also kinda wants to build a wall and ban Muslims from the country - the Republicans had to be really careful in criticizing Trump not to come off as actually opposed to the basic ideas behind what he was proposing, except on things like free trade where what the rest of the Republicans wanted was just very unpopular. If Jeb had tried "delete your account" Trump would have done exactly the same thing to him that Clinton did to Trump - at his next rally he'd have brought up that Jeb replied to his criticism of W by tweeting back "delete your account" and doesn't that just show that he has no answer? And the crowd would have jeered at Jeb and all of us here would have laughed at Jeb being all "how do you do, fellow kids" on Twitter and at Trump bullying him.

Clinton's relying on there being a very large number of people who already believe that Trump is an evil clown. Democratic trolling of Trump is effective because Trump can see that lots of people are laughing at him and he can't bully these people because the sorts of crowds that he can generate to defend himself are easily dismissed by the people laughing as dumb racists.

Nothing will make Trump double down on his misogyny and lead even more women to Clinton than this. Let it happen. Like has been said before, might as well double down on the female vote because I doubt it'll make a difference among sexist men since a woman will be leading it anyways.

Yeah I don't think putting Kaine or Perez is all of a sudden going to win over white male voters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom