• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT6| Delete your accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paskil

Some good shit happening today. I like that national poll, but still too many undecideds. Can't wait to see some polling taken from this weekend/next week.

Also, fam, bought some prime rib burgers. So good. SO GOOD.

Prime rib burgers are the best. Try them with a little Dijon and some gorgonzola cheese.

Ophelion

Biden, I think, would have given her more of a run for her money than Warren. Biden would have had the support, implied or otherwise, of Obama. Her margins among voters of color would have been non-existent. Biden would have split the white vote with Bernie. I'm not sure she would have lost, but I'm not sure she would have won either.

Somewhere out there, there's an alternate universe where this primary boiled down to Biden vs Warren rather than Clinton vs Sanders...

Some good shit happening today. I like that national poll, but still too many undecideds. Can't wait to see some polling taken from this weekend/next week.

Prime rib burgers are the best. Try them with a little Dijon and some gorgonzola cheese.

I didn't put ketchup on it. I didn't. I promise.
I did

I fried up some onion straws, and a little bit of white cheddar. Was delicious. Had it on a fresh bakery onion bun. So good.

You mean we basically call someone a sell out, a liar, a fraudster, a criminal, and imply she's a corporate whore and people DON'T want to vote for her!?

tumblr_n3zb3yc0r61rdutw3o1_400.gif

Hillary's the one doing all the rigging? She's even more powerful than I thought!

You must remember that, much like Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton is both an incompetent, weak person who allowed Ben Ghazi to be killed on her watch and an all-powerful monster who pulls secret puppet strings because she is part of the Illuminati. She inhabits both of these spaces at the same time.

Re: KS poll. Man, if two or three more polls from other outlets show a shift in polling there, I'll get excited purely because it might mean good things for the downticket there. Is Brownback/the governorship up for election in '16 or '18? This country needs more Democratic governors; there are too many cases of Republican governors/state legislatures poking their nose into local affairs where they ostensibly don't belong based on typical GOP thinking about the autonomy of local governments, such as in NC and TX.

When people claiming Sanders had the majority of the outstanding votes were ignoring that most of them are mail ballots, well, I had to laugh. I wouldn't be surprise if her lead continues to increase.

When I made my initial projections for Cali, I figured the race would be a lot closer than it was. I thought the votes would be apportioned along a 53/47 race. Given the race wasn't that close. Hillary may end up getting 2.3 million votes from Cali. When the pop vote total for this primary season is known. I expect Hill to be just shy of 16 million votes.

A loss of two million (700k-1 million if you don't count Florida and Michigan in 2008) votes from 2008, probably because it wasn't as contentious a competition as 2008.

Hillary has two of the top three Dem primary vote totals though.

XL3gL2Y.png

#tbt to when all of the Republicans got on board in that little sliver for a few weeks when the Democratic primary was in full heat and the Republican primary had been decided. Sad!

Maledict

The Republicans are making the same mistake they made in 2008 with McCain. He too won his primary well in advance of Obama - and he too pissed around accomplishing nothing whilst the democrats continued to fight. He's wasted every single day since achieving the nomination, just like McCain did.

Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-Ala.) knocked Hillary Clinton's immigration policies Friday, amid reports that a "wall" will be built around the Democratic convention in Philadelphia.

"It’s interesting that the Democratic National Committee will have a wall around their convention to keep unapproved people out while at the same time, their presumptive nominee, Hillary Clinton, pushes for open borders policies that are even more radical than President Obama’s," Sessions said in a statement Friday.

Jeff Session's reputation as a brilliant racist is massively exaggerated. He's a really dumb racist.

A wall around one building for a few days is definitely comparable to 4000 miles of wall that would have be monitored for all time though.

http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/senate/283107-go-senator-knocks-wall-around-dem-convention

studyguy

Shit guys, you mean CA, my state? The state that in 2008 chose Clinton over Obama by something like 10%? The state that has had the majority previous voters being casting ballots mail instead of in person? The state that had one of the highest demographics that has landed behind Clinton this entire primary? My state went for Clinton over Sanders?

COLOR.
ME.
SHOCKED.

gcubed

Biden, I think, would have given her more of a run for her money than Warren. Biden would have had the support, implied or otherwise, of Obama. Her margins among voters of color would have been non-existent. Biden would have split the white vote with Bernie. I'm not sure she would have lost, but I'm not sure she would have won either.

If it was Clinton/Warren/Biden/Sanders it would end up being Clinton v Biden and Warren v Sanders for vote splits. IMO Warren and Sanders would have dropped early splitting a smaller portion of the vote

Holmes

Shit guys, you mean CA, my state? The state that in 2008 chose Clinton over Obama by something like 10%? The state that has had the majority previous voters being casting ballots mail instead of in person? The state that had one of the highest demographics that has landed behind Clinton this entire primary? My state went for Clinton over Sanders?

COLOR.
ME.
SHOCKED.
"But I wanted to win it so bad!!!!!"

Wilsongt

How do you seem have some many topic appropriate drag gifs?

Seriously! I like to imagine he has thousands of folders each filled with queer gifs, each labels for any possible conversation.

Drag race has been on 9 seasons + three extra seasons of a spin off and is infinitely quotable.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
You must remember that, much like Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton is both an incompetent, weak person who allowed Ben Ghazi to be killed on her watch and an all-powerful monster who pulls secret puppet strings because she is part of the Illuminati. She inhabits both of these spaces at the same time.

Re: KS poll. Man, if two or three more polls from other outlets show a shift in polling there, I'll get excited purely because it might mean good things for the downticket there. Is Brownback/the governorship up for election in '16 or '18? This country needs more Democratic governors; there are too many cases of Republican governors/state legislatures poking their nose into local affairs where they ostensibly don't belong based on typical GOP thinking about the autonomy of local governments, such as in NC and TX.

Richard Clarke has a fantastic quote about how the government is all powerful yet all incompetent according to conspiracy theories.

Yo this shit isn't funny.

This is how the tea party started.

Eh, I'm not worried about the Bernie or Bust people starting a leftist Tea Party. They're just gonna end up becoming Republicans (just like the die hard vocal minority PUMAs of 2008).

I'm debating whether to even post in that Politico Sanders thread..there's a lot of moralizing hypocrisy from folks in there about how Sanders supporters have all the privilege...pretty obvious there are not many Armed Forces folks on GAF OT to say the least.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

The fact he's shocked by this is what's shocking. Hopefully he realizes he's been committing journalistic malfeasance for like the last 6 months and works to correct it. This and the Intercept are what happens when you're unable to correct for your own ideology.

If it was Clinton/Warren/Biden/Sanders it would end up being Clinton v Biden and Warren v Sanders for vote splits. IMO Warren and Sanders would have dropped early splitting a smaller portion of the vote

That seems about right. As popular as Warren is in the party, Biden vs Clinton would have been a huge fight and would have sucked all the oxygen out of the room.

XL3gL2Y.png

#tbt to when all of the Republicans got on board in that little sliver for a few weeks when the Democratic primary was in full heat and the Republican primary had been decided. Sad!
For all the talk of party unity and such, Trump is at 39.2%. That is only .4% higher than his lowest point since July 2015, which was 38.8% in March 2016, while Clinton is on the up and up.

I think it's telling that even when Trump was at his highest and Clinton at her lowest, Clinton was still winning in the aggregate. Republicans have really strapped themselves to the Titanic on this one.

I agree with this. I doubt Sanders would have jumped in if Warren had. I think we could have ended up with a Biden/Clinton/Warren or Sanders.

I wonder if, in that scenario, Warren or Sanders could have eked out a win. If we agree that the non-white vote would have been split between Biden and Queen, there may have been enough white vote to carry one of them to victory....But then, Biden would have done well enough with white voters...except where he wouldn't have because he'd be a continuation of Obama...

I love alternative timeline discussion.

Ophelion

The full meltdown is hitting my FB now:

First time voters too. Hopefully they come around over the summer

I saw the Obama image in my feed as well. Though the guy who posted in my feed about it is around my age (29) so I don't know what his excuse is. Just drank the Kool-Aid I guess.

The full meltdown is hitting my FB now:

First time voters too. Hopefully they come around over the summer

In what FUCKING universe can it surprise someone that the President selected a former member of his fucking cabinet instead of the guy who not only called for him to be primaried (But not really guis! Promise!) and who hired Cornell Fucking West to be a surrogate. There has been nothing at all to suggest that Obama and Bernie are in anyway close. Ideologically, the gulf is probably bigger between him and Bernie than Clinton and Bernie. (But when we're talking ideological divide between Queen and Emperor it's like splitting a gnat's hair with an electron.)

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I agree with this. I doubt Sanders would have jumped in if Warren had. I think we could have ended up with a Biden/Clinton/Warren or Sanders.

I wonder if, in that scenario, Warren or Sanders could have eked out a win. If we agree that the non-white vote would have been split between Biden and Queen, there may have been enough white vote to carry one of them to victory....But then, Biden would have done well enough with white voters...except where he wouldn't have because he'd be a continuation of Obama...

I love alternative timeline discussion.

Biden would have likely sucked up all of the not-Clinton vote and the vote of those who were deciding based on personality.

Like I said earlier, everyone else in a field that included Clinton and Biden would have been also-rans. A sitting vice president vs the former secretary of state, both being titans in the party, would have been the only story. It could very well have thrown a shadow over the clowncar.

What's going on in cali? Are they counting to provisional ballots?

Provisional ballots and any mail in ballots that were postmarked by midnight on Tuesday. Provisional ballots will favor Bernie. Later mail in ballots will favor Queen, but not by the same margins as the early, early ballots.

I saw the Obama image in my feed as well. Though the guy who posted in my feed about it is around my age (29) so I don't know what his excuse is. Just drank the Kool-Aid I guess.
I'd count anything under 30 as politically pretty young. Democratic politics in their adult lifetime have been dominated by Obama.

Biden would have likely sucked up all of the not-Clinton vote and the vote of those who were deciding based on personality.

Like I said earlier, everyone else in a field that included Clinton and Biden would have been also-rans. A sitting vice president vs the former secretary of state, both being titans in the party, would have been the only story. It could very well have thrown a shadow over the clowncar.

You're right.

That would have been a damn good fight. (For the record, I prefer Queen over Biden for a plethora of reasons rooted in ideology). I'm not entirely sure how that would have played out. The anti-establishment vote would have been a non-factor. The big question for me is how AA voters would have broken in this scenario. Honestly, I think there would have been a fairly even split. Latino voters...not sure. Gays would have stayed for Queen.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Provisional ballots and any mail in ballots that were postmarked by midnight on Tuesday. Provisional ballots will favor Bernie. Later mail in ballots will favor Queen, but not by the same margins as the early, early ballots.
Ah gotcha! Thanks!

I really hope they count it all to shut the election fraud conspiracy (but ofc these tinfoil hat ppl aren't going to stop regardless ugh)

Ah gotcha! Thanks!

I really hope they count it all to shut the election fraud conspiracy (but ofc these tinfoil hat ppl aren't going to stop regardless ugh)

Naw, that ship has sailed, alas.

If her margin increases (and I expect it will), it's because they sent all these extra ballots in case she needed them so, of course, FRAUD. If it gets closer, then BERNIE WAS ROBBED. MEDIA BLACKOUT! Etc.

Ah gotcha! Thanks!

People are counting on every single uncounted ballot to be in Bernie's favor and flip the results, it seems. Not only of California but of the entire primary, somehow.

When that doesn't shake out, it'll be yet another conspiracy.

People are counting on every single uncounted ballot to be in Bernie's favor and flip the results, it seems. Not only of California but of the entire primary, somehow.

When that doesn't shake out, it'll be yet another conspiracy.

There was a thread/post on s4p that said WHEN the California results prove Bernie won, they were going to crowd fund re-running the primaries in certain states where the FRAUD! occurred.

Ophelion

I'd count anything under 30 as politically pretty young. Democratic politics in their adult lifetime have been dominated by Obama.

Hm. I guess that's true. I took a very early interest in politics (misguided though many of my early sources of information were), so I sometimes forget that people my age largely don't see the same stuff I do. Still a pain in my ass. Oh well.

studyguy

CA literally has a website dedicated to seeing if your fucking mail in or provisional was counted brehs. I just can't.
Like it's too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom