• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT6| Defying gravity, Quest madness, and Muscle Shaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanR1221

Got a CT to screen for potential brain aneurysm earlier today, I've had some bad ass headaches recently that I never had before. My father had two brain aneurysms, one requiring surgery, and it's genetic. Hopefully it's good news...or else I'm a go out lifting like Jon Pall Sigmarsson.

Good luck and keep us updated.

velociraptor

Got a CT to screen for potential brain aneurysm earlier today, I've had some bad ass headaches recently that I never had before. My father had two brain aneurysms, one requiring surgery, and it's genetic. Hopefully it's good news...or else I'm a go out lifting like Jon Pall Sigmarsson.
Good luck. Hopefully it's nothing.

Szu

Thanks. I don't think it's a big deal but the fiancee, RN, gets worried when I get headaches and wanted me to get checked out since it's hereditary. Also getting nose surgery soon to get my deviated septum drilled out so I can finally breath! Always have blood scabs in my nose, turned me into a mouth breather lol

Still gonna lift though, it just feels too good

I hope it's no big deal too. That's nice of your fiancee to looking out for you too.

I'm the same way sometimes. I get so stubborn that I tend to brush off most issues as minor. My wife assumes the worst and insists that I get it checked. She like my personal WebMd.

I get a nasty cough from allergies. She wants me to get checked cause I might have lung cancer. :p

My personal policy is, anything you can do on a flat bench, you're not allowed to do in the squat rack.

This 2 week diet break has been going very well, apparently the calculators telling me 2200 is maintenance for me were spot on. Weight has only fluctuated between 171.5 and 169.5 for the past 10 days.

Now my doubly-caffeinated circulatory is demanding to be fed deadlifts. PCHOOOOOO

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
So the bad news is my lower back is tight and a LITTLE tender. The good news is no pain. Jumping 60lbs on deadlift in 4 months my body probably wasn't entirely ready for 600. But I got it done anyway. Now to rest up, heal, and be stronger then ever.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So the bad news is my lower back is tight and a LITTLE tender. The good news is no pain. Jumping 60lbs on deadlift in 4 months my body probably wasn't entirely ready for 600. But I got it done anyway. Now to rest up, heal, and be stronger then ever.

You got that notch in the wall. You did it man. Time to rest and come back stronger, just like you said. Fuckin inspirational.

Vanish

So I injured my wrist a several months ago and had to take a couple of months off the gym to recover. I'm much better now and started working out again.

But now my right hand is holding back my deadlift progress. When I do heavy deadlifts, I always feel like I can do a few more reps but I have to stop early because my right hand starts slipping after a few reps. I use a mixed grip on deadlifts. I'm right-handed but my left hand never starts slipping while my right hand does now. I guess it weaker due to the injury I had. Is there any routines/exercises you guys can recommend to strengthen my right forearm/wrist so I can last longer on deadlifts?

Szu

Brolic Gaoler + Foam Roller =
3320.jpg

SeanR1221

Holy crap hardest stretch yet in PT. Lay on a bosu ball until you're at your knees, then bring your knees towards your chest but keep your spine neutral like you're in a full squat.

I'll give it a shot since I squatted this morning. Sorry for the crappy pic but my back camera doesn't work anymore and I'm forced to use the front one, which requires a bit of contorsionism :p

fUluFPj.jpg
'

The bruise the arrow is pointing at is where the bar rests. The line is the spine of my scapula.

lookin mean and good

and mean

Oh shit dood... I hope everything works out. Please keep us updated

agrajag

Banned
Hope everything works out ok Mr Toughpants! I think I might have a deviated septum too, I keep getting nasal infections...

Noema, looking beastly!

Brolic Alien, you're an inspiration to us all!

abuC

Hope everything works out, especially since we need to have an eating contest if you're ever in NY.

J. Bravo

Yesterday sucked asshole. Pulled 390 about to the middle of my shins and dropped it. Found some chalk and tied again- same result. Worst part of my day by far.

RIVERS-WORST-DAY-EVER.gif

How do I keep my cholesterol down and still get ~250g of protein a day without chugging down protein shakes like an invalid? I'm happy eating eggs, tuna, salmon, and boneless/skinless chicken till I die, but I routinely go over 500mg/day in cholesterol. I'm scurred to get my LDL checked.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
How do I keep my cholesterol down and still get ~250g of protein a day without chugging down protein shakes like an invalid? I'm happy eating eggs, tuna, salmon, and boneless/skinless chicken till I die, but I routinely go over 500mg/day in cholesterol. I'm scurred to get my LDL checked.

Dietary cholesterol =/= blood cholesterol.

Don't worry about it.

MjFrancis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7snIEKDhMnc

600lbs FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLiTP3mA2Wg
Fucking awesome.

Had a rough gym day and was going to ask for people to post inspirational vids so I can get my mojo back.

Gaelic Broler delivers though.
Brolic Gaoler, the Gaelic Brøler? Nonsense! Well, I don't know about the Irish or Scottish heritage, but brøler he does not. If anything I could attempt 600lbs and upload a video demonstrating what such an attempt would do to my mortal frame, thus earning such a tag.

I hope to hear good news about this later today.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I didn't know what a brøler was.

Sorry Sho, didn't mean it like that. :( I respect you too much to make that faux pas again.

MrToughPants

Brian Burke punched my mom
Thanks for the words FitGaf! Always come here for a laugh or some good info, like a best friend or a second family. Lifted relatively heavy yesterday, even after fasting 12 hours and getting nauseous from the contrast dye injection...can't wait to front squat again.

Nothing Stops This Train.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun

Sorry Sho, didn't mean it like that. :( I respect you too much to make that faux pas again.

Lol it's cool man I get it a lot and its the intention.

Brolic is slang for strong, jacked, diesel.

Gaoler is the old English for jailer. It's literally pronounced jailer.

Thanks for the words FitGaf! Always come here for a laugh or some good info, like a best friend or a second family. Lifted relatively heavy yesterday, even after fasting 12 hours and getting nauseous from the contrast dye injection...can't wait to front squat again.

Good shit man.

Fucking awesome.

Brolic Gaoler, the Gaelic Brøler? Nonsense! Well, I don't know about the Irish or Scottish heritage, but brøler he does not. If anything I could attempt 600lbs and upload a video demonstrating what such an attempt would do to my mortal frame, thus earning such a tag.

I hope to hear good news about this later today.

LOL thanks bud.

MjFrancis

I didn't figure you meant it that way when I read it, and if nothing else we've all expanded our vocabulary today, lol.

Great to hear!

Yesterday I had three quarter pound burgers and two bratwurst for dinner. I actually thought 'MrToughPants would have had more than this!'

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Can't wait for the gym today. Gonna push myself hard. Fuck the Fit-GAF ghost, we got a jailer here. Gonna shiv that ghost in his neck.

SeanR1221

Damn, bro brolic wasn't kidding. Rear felt destroyers will destroy you.

First time doing my 531 ohp in a couple weeks. I feel better but I lost strength by a couple reps. Will probably has to repeat this cycle and maybe even deload :(

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Yesterday I had three quarter pound burgers and two bratwurst for dinner. I actually thought 'MrToughPants would have had more than this!'

I had a volcano burger combo from Dairy Queen, a general chicken plate with fried rice, fried wontons and 2 crab ragoon, a bowel of fruity pebbles, milky way ice cream bar, 40z (at least) of milk,a pack of cherry poptarts and some other shit that alludes me at the moment.

Forevah bulk brah.

Can't wait for the gym today. Gonna push myself hard. Fuck the Fit-GAF ghost, we got a jailer here. Gonna shiv that ghost in his neck.

Just make it out of quality material. Might I suggest the height adjustment handle from the bottom of an office chair or a piece of sheet metal ripped off of the side of a clothes dryer.

Damn, bro brolic wasn't kidding. Rear felt destroyers will destroy you.

First time doing my 531 ohp in a couple weeks. I feel better but I lost strength by a couple reps. Will probably has to repeat this cycle and maybe even deload :(

Did you look in the mirror when you were done? It makes your shoulders explode out the back of your shirt.

blackflag

I'll have to watch that video later on, thanks.

This is one reason I appreciate the old school bodybuilders and strongmen. To look at an unquestionably natural physique one has to look back at an era before anabolic steroids.

220px-Georg_Hackenschmidt.jpg

Georg Hackenschmidt (1878-1968)

sandowroidfreebod.png

Eugene Sandow (1867-1925)

ArthurSaxon1.jpg

Arthur Saxon (1878-1921)

I can't find pictures, but look for Bill Pearl in the 1950's versus Bill Pearl in 1961. He supposedly added 25lbs of lean body mass in one year running up to a 1961 contest, and going on pictures I don't doubt that. Although athletes were using anabolic steroids in the mid to late 1950's, Pearl made it's utility most apparent.

Georg Hackenschmidt is clearly on steroids. Just look at his shoulders.

blackflag

Back and shoulder day went fine. Deadlifted for first time in a month. Didn't want to get crazy so I just did warmups then 3 sets of 315x10.

I do feel weak as hell though.

Started eating more yesterday to try and get strength back.

Fat 114
carbs 409
Protein 342

That was yesterday. Gonna try and do about the same today. It's leg day. Pray for my back.

Back and shoulder day went fine. Deadlifted for first time in a month. Didn't want to get crazy so I just did warmups then 3 sets of 315x10.

I do feel weak as hell though.

Started eating more yesterday to try and get strength back.

Fat 114
carbs 409
Protein 342

That was yesterday. Gonna try and do about the same today. It's leg day. Pray for my back.

Jesus, that's a huge diet! :O

I've been following this thread for just about a month now, but damn, that's one of the toughest things I've read here. Good luck, and keep us posted!

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
1 pull-up, 2 push-ups
2 pull-ups, 4 push-ups

Until you hit 10 pull-ups, 20 push-ups

Try to do it as fast as you can: the goal is to complete the pyramid in 15 minutes.

Just tried it and failed at push-up number 11 on the final set of 20. Goddamn that was hard. Surprisingly my core gave out before my arms.

Basically a high-intensity interval workout. Sweat my ass off in those 15 minutes.

Cooter, give it a try bro!

Imm0rt4l

Georg Hackenschmidt is clearly on steroids. Just look at his shoulders.

Reminds me I just visited the natty or enhanced facebook page. While I can enjoy shedding light on some physiques like Layne Nortons or Jeff Seid and other 'natural bodybuilders' some of the accusers in there are straight dyel. I see how much of a slippery slope it is. I think I might submit a pic and see what people say.

Also #flexfriday
err....Thursday.

blackflag

Reminds me I just visited the natty or enhanced facebook page. While I can enjoy shedding light on some physiques like Layne Nortons or Jeff Seid and other 'natural bodybuilders' some of the accusers in there are straight dyel. I see how much of a slippery slope it is. I think I might submit a pic and see what people say.

Also #flexfriday
err....Thursday.

Damn nice everything. Yeah you'd get a fair number of people that say you'r on steroids no doubt. People think that anything bigger than them is on steroids.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Rear delt destroyers are on the menu today for accessory work. Should be a lot of fun, looking forward to the tears in about 5 hours.

thomaser

135 kg deadlifts today, for the first time! I'll pretend the washers edged it over 300 lbs, which is a cool number to brag about. I've had 140 kgs/three plates as a goal for many years, and if I can continue progressing it should be done in two weeks (will miss two workouts due to a business trip, so it will be interesting to try 140 when I'm home again, and see if it can be done).

Edit: And I completed the fifth rep by imagining I was Brolic lifting 600. Easy peasy!

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination

Also #flexfriday
err....Thursday.

Monster. How much are you eating right now?

Szu

Also #flexfriday
err....Thursday.

You're getting so swole that your muscles are overlapping into the next day.

I'm not even sure if this statement makes sense but it sounds about right.

Imm0rt4l

Damn nice everything. Yeah you'd get a fair number of people that say you'r on steroids no doubt. People think that anything bigger than them is on steroids.
Yea, I try to simply not care or think about it. I've seen guys that don't even look like they're on gear but really are. I respect guys who use and don't need to front about it, guys like Bostin Lloyd. I only think it's bothersome when you got guys like Kali muscle or Michael O'hearn claim natural. And those guys are extreme examples, there's plenty more smaller guys who seem content on selling a lie.

Monster. How much are you eating right now?
I haven't tracked my calories in a while, but I'm eating around 3500 calories I'd estimate. Well over 4000 on some days, usually when I'm squatting.
You're getting so swole that your muscles are overlapping into the next day.

I'm not even sure if this statement makes sense but it sounds about right.

haha thanks

SeanR1221

Also #flexfriday
err....Thursday.

Looking great

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom