• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT9|

“I don’t want to lie. He [Hazard] is not injured,” said Mourinho in his post-match press conference.

“I prefer to say that Willian and Andre Schurrle made fantastic work for us. We have a big squad, we have players with quality, players who sometimes are frustrated because they are not first options but when they are chosen they do so well.

“We know his talent, he will be on the bench or playing, but he will be in the squad for sure.

“He forgot the time. That’s the end of story. He’s a kid. Kids make mistakes and fathers have to be clever in the way that they educate their sons.

“He didn’t play. He wanted to play. He was sad because he didn’t play. We won without him.

“On Saturday, he is back. So, end of story.”

I love how he even calls himself daddy now. I want to call him daddy, to him in person.

Some guy in post your pic thread has two hair colors now. I'm just gonna sit here in silence and don't comment.

Just seen it

jOA9EI0T6mQT9_e.jpg

Hixx

Oh wow I had no idea we were on TV this weekend. Explains the odd 2pm kick off.

Scum v Spurs (12pm?)
The Lads v City (2pm)
Arsenal v United (4pm)

And of course we'd be the middle game so I'll miss most of the other two games.

Lightning

Banned
Why would Marotta lie? The last thing we need right now is more shit for Tuttosport to print.
I can't understand why Arsenal would chase him. It's good that we're active looking for a striker already though but bad that we would target Llorente.

Clegg

I can't understand why Arsenal would chase him. It's good that we're active looking for a striker already though but bad that we would target Llorente.

Tbf who else is there?

You're not getting any of the top class strikers so you need to go down a level.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

Llorente “Let me say that I’m only at 60 per cent…”

and I believe him.
3AQmK.gif

Batigol

Banned
Have you seen what Luke Chadwick looks like nowadays?

TeqaJsg.jpg

Normal.... almost!

Don't ask why I was searching for him :(

I've always found Llorente to be really good whenever I've watched him for Bilbao or Spain. I'd be surprised if they actually went for him though since he has just made a move to Juve

Meier

Why would Marotta lie? The last thing we need right now is more shit for Tuttosport to print.

Just playing devil's advocate here, but Llorente really hasn't been particularly good this season thus far so if he's "wanted" then it makes the decision to sign him look better. Especially if the offer is a decent one. It also could be done to make Llorente feel wanted and appreciated by the club.. some guys really thrive on that. Lying in this scenario makes a lot of sense to me.

jtb

Banned
Paying 20m for a striker that just moved for free in the summer would be pretty embarrassing. A loan move would be nice and probably beneficial to all parties (World Cup year and all) but I can't really see it happening.

LTWheels

Telephone interview tomorrow.

Feeling proper nervous now. They only told me about having a telephone interview yesterday evening.

Lightning

Banned
Paying 20m for a striker that just moved for free in the summer would be pretty embarrassing. A loan move would be nice and probably beneficial to all parties (World Cup year and all) but I can't really see it happening.
A loan move is a no go either. A move for Benteke would be ideal.

Diego Costa in the summer is what we should be aiming at though. Enough money and Atletico will sell.

Tonight i play Arsenal in the FA cup final and Barca in the champions league final.

Bring it.

I hope the Glazers sell in season 2 again.

pulga

Banned
Fuck you guys, Llorente is awesome. Llorente no se vende.

Your defenders are individually and systematically terrible (in defense), your midfielders are a lot less mobile than Arsenal's. It would be Lopez+Ronaldo vs about 6 (currently) in form Arsenal attackers.

I'm not saying they'd be favourites, but they'd have a very decent chance if they can keep this momentum up

edit: Just remembered Casillas plays CL matches, Arsenal would definitely go through :p

looooooool

Please tell me how Arsenal's midfield is "more mobile" than ours. Genuinely intrigued.\

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Just playing devil's advocate here, but Llorente really hasn't been particularly good this season thus far so if he's "wanted" then it makes the decision to sign him look better. Especially if the offer is a decent one.

Not true!

I'm the last one to defend our shitty/under-performing players, so believe me when I tell you that he's actually quite amazing! He's a proper target man and he brings the best out of Tevez.

It also could be done to make Llorente feel wanted and appreciated by the club.. some guys really thrive on that. Lying in this scenario makes a lot of sense to me

I suppose that's a valid scenario but we don't normally do that, and Arsenal could always deny their interest in public. (which would be embarrassing to say the least)

Starting the last 5-6 games under a manager who only cares about the results says a lot to me. Conte would rather play with one striker (and he did last season) than field two shitty ones.

Clegg

That's why we bought an 8 year younger Alonso

Please understand

You're not going to play him alongside Alonso though. So if Carlo had any sense it would be Alonso starting in the big games which means having to pair him with someone who does the running for him.

pulga

Banned
You're not going to play him alongside Alonso though. So if Carlo had any sense it would be Alonso starting in the big games which means having to pair him with someone who does the running for him.

Khedira and Modric as usual then?

My dream is to see Illarra - Alonso - Modric

hnnnngggggg

Meier

Diego Costa in the summer is what we should be aiming at though. Enough money and Atletico will sell.

Can't imagine they'd sell for less than his release clause (which undoubtedly went up quite a bit beyond the €25m it was previously), especially since he just extended his deal. Arsenal have splashed the cash once now though so maybe a precedent has been set.

Top Bottom