• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT9|

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Maybe to make himself looked good, or to give Llorente some confidence. It happens.

There were reports they wanted to sign him on loan 3 days ago
I read about the loan deal MONTHS ago, and I still don't believe it.

Or believe that Arsenal thought it would be possible. Sending your *new* 28 y/o striker on loan would fucking crush him.

bjaelke

Can't imagine they'd sell for less than his release clause (which undoubtedly went up quite a bit beyond the €25m it was previously), especially since he just extended his deal. Arsenal have splashed the cash once now though so maybe a precedent has been set.

It's around £32m now. It'll be centuries before Wenger purchases anything from that shelf again.

Barzul

Arsenal would beat Madrid. It'd be a difficult game but most of our players fully fit with our best 11 out there yeah I see it. Would rather not have to face them, so topping the group is essential.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I love my penis too much to stick it into an ass

again

-

Really don't get Lawrence. Her body is hot but her face is all make up and it shows.

Clegg

Post a pic so I can judge pls

Emma Watson long hair > Emma Watson short hair anyways

iWxUOsH.gif

pulga

Banned
Arsenal would beat Madrid. It'd be a difficult game but most of our players fully fit with our best 11 out there yeah I see it. Would rather not have to face them, so topping the group is essential.

Im going to light seven candles, sacrifice a goat and pray for Madrid to draw Arsenal sometime in the CL

These gooners are getting foolish.

Mertesacker would need to go to East London to find his hip by the time Cristiano is done with him

UnitedBros, I know we've had our differences. You're still fucking mugs for not appreciating Rooney more. But PLEASE annihilate these deluded, cup starved fools.

Salvadora

Genuinely can't understand why we would be in for Llorente.

He is completely different from all the strikers we chased in the summer and is far too similar to Giroud. A sneaky loan bid, maybe, but a £16m bid?
Klopp-1.jpg

Klopp spent the entire pre-match warm-up watching Arsenal.

Such a character :lool.

Lightning

Banned
Im going to light seven candles, sacrifice a goat and pray for Madrid to draw Arsenal sometime in the CL

Mertesacker would need to go to East London to find his hip by the time Cristiano is done with him

UnitedBros, I know we've had our differences. You're still fucking mugs for not appreciating Rooney more. But PLEASE annihilate these deluded, cup starved fools.
ONE Arsenal fan makes a comment you attack all of us.

Linius

I see it now :lol

I'm on my phone and the gif doesn't run properly, pls understand.

As far as I can judge, long hair wins.

Barzul

Nothing stops the Arsenal train. choo choo
I might regret this come the end of season

jtb

Banned
I dunno, I'd prefer a loan move. No top strikers will move in January so may as well get some decent cover w/o necessarily making a long term investment. I really wish that Ba loan had come off, I rate him. only worry would've been the Arsenal medical team + his knees... probably not a very good combination.

and I still hold out hope for Benzema. just because he's shit now doesn't mean Wenger can't turn him around; plenty of good players have gone to Madrid, done poorly, and then done perfectly fine for other teams. just need Liverpool to drop to seventh or so to get him, I think.

Barzul

I dunno, I'd prefer a loan move. No top strikers will move in January so may as well get some decent cover w/o necessarily making a long term investment. I really wish that Ba loan had come off, I rate him. only worry would've been the Arsenal medical team + his knees... probably not a very good combination.

and I still hold out hope for Benzema. just because he's shit now doesn't mean Wenger can't turn him around; plenty of good players have gone to Madrid, done poorly, and then done perfectly fine for other teams. just need Liverpool to drop to seventh or so to get him, I think.

With the very small gap between the teams Liverpool at 7th in a Jan is not impossible, still unlikely though.

Wilbur

Banned
Think Arsenal need a player as good as Giroud. Not necessarily better and certainly not worse; they don't need a Falcao or Cavani who will come in and take all of Giroud's minutes from him, because Giroud serves the team far more than is evident in his goal account.

It's like Bayern going for Lewa. Why do they need him, when Mandu scores, pressed from the front, fights for every ball, and does everything asked of him? Is he individually a better player than the top strikers like Ibra or RVP? No but he fits the Bayern ethos so much and he's doing so well, they don't need anyone else.

Giroud could be a better finisher. But look how well he links up with the three behind him. Look how useful he is at defending set pieces (Torres tee hee). Look how fantastic his first touch around the box is. Look how gorgeous he is.

What Arsenal need is a player of comparative quality who just offers something different.

Top Bottom