• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2017 Season |OT| Japanese Horror Story - Sundays on Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaru

How does Alonso "test" driving in the pack? That's really important for oval racing and I doubt he can just pick it up during the race and expect to do well

Aiii

So not worth it
Renault's updated PU won't come until at least July, due to having crap reliability. It was supposed to have been introduced in early June in Canada. Quietly confirming all preconceptions one has about French engines.

It's amazing that only Ferrari managed to not still be shit after four full years of development.

Renault's updated PU won't come until at least July, due to having crap reliability. It was supposed to have been introduced in early June in Canada. Quietly confirming all preconceptions one has about French engines.

It's amazing that only Ferrari managed to not still be shit after four full years of development.

In regards to Ferrari and their reliability it seems like that the light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long.

FrankCanada97

Roughly the size of a baaaaaarge
How does Alonso "test" driving in the pack? That's really important for oval racing and I doubt he can just pick it up during the race and expect to do well

Everyone gets a week of practice with 6-hour sessions each day. Alonso should be able to get used to following and passing others when everyone else is also on track. The only thing he can't really practice for is a 3-wide rolling start.

Worst case scenario: The Biggest, Most Awful, Most Tragic Event in Indy 500 history

That would be despair inducing.

If you're going to post that, might as well post his Spa crash as well:

https://youtu.be/9e5TlmKafMM

But all that is old news. As I've asserted before, Stroll learned from his mistakes and had a clean remaining 2015 season. His 2016 season was flawless, although I do concede that would be easy to achieve if you were leading from the front the entire season. I continue to believe he won't be crashing into people.

Fox Mulder

Redbull unlucky #13 confirmed.

Zaru

Redbull unlucky #13 confirmed.

This year must be making quite a few people at Milton Keynes superstitious. Their chassis is far from what Red Bull should deliver, their engine supplier is only being flattered by Honda's even worse failure and somehow their brakes have already failed twice in 4 races?

And by the time they can optimistically expect to have the pace of the worst Ferrari/Mercedes car, the season will be half over.

Randdalf

Anyone else read Webber's autobiography? I don't read many biographies, so I found his story quite interesting. I imagine all the requisite quotes have been extracted from it already, but he properly lays into Helmut Marko. From his perspective, it reads as though he would have probably won the championship in 2010 if nearly all the micro-decisions in Red Bull weren't being made in favour of Vettel, despite Webber generally being ahead of him throughout the season.

Zaru

Anyone else read Webber's autobiography? I don't read many biographies, so I found his story quite interesting. I imagine all the requisite quotes have been extracted from it already, but he properly lays into Helmut Marko. From his perspective, it reads as though he would have probably won the championship in 2010 if nearly all the micro-decisions in Red Bull weren't being made in favour of Vettel, despite Webber generally being ahead of him throughout the season.

At one point Webber was 1st in the standings while Vettel was 5th. Though that sounds worse than it was considering how close the top 5 were, it's really an unlikely turnaround.

Shaneus

At one point Webber was 1st in the standings while Vettel was 5th. Though that sounds worse than it was considering how close the top 5 were, it's really an unlikely turnaround.
Was that the year he fractured his ankle while mountain biking as well? Apparently no one else knew bar him and the team doctor.

Razgreez

Time to dust off the PCars skills and break out the old copies of Geoff Crammond's Grand Prix...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/39811756

McLaren are reaching out to gamers to find a simulator driver for a one year contract to help improve the car.

Saw a similar article regarding this a few weeks ago. Looking at competitions like the GT academy it's on-average drivers with actual/more track time that seem to do best/better. So perhaps split your practice time 50-50 between the simulator (PCars) and the local kart track :D

Vettel would have won the last four races in a row without the mechanical DNF in South Korea, the only reason why the finale was close in the first place, while Webber's last victory was before the summer break.

The performance gap between Vettel and Webber in the second half was massive.

Kyougar

Vettel would have won the last four races in a row without the mechanical DNF in South Korea, the only reason why the finale was close in the first place, while Webber's last victory was before the summer break.

The performance gap between Vettel and Webber in the second half was massive.

dont question the Webber. He would be 5-time WDC if he didnt get sabotaged left and right. Vettel probably changed some buttons on his wheel and put a needle in his socks.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Best case scenario: He would crash
Worst case scenario: The Biggest, Most Awful, Most Tragic Event in Indy 500 history

I don't think Lance will do a repeat of what happened in 1964.

The loss of Greg Moore still hurts. Was a huge fan of him. He would have gone into F1 no doubt...
I'm amazed at how quickly CART went down the tubes after he died.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'

Why is Webber so respected/loved?

DBT85

Why is Webber so respected/loved?

Seems like a nice guy, calls a spade a spade, and it seemed like he often got the shitty end of the stick with calls while at RB with Vettel. Vettel getting the only new wing for example, or being told to move over, or being told to hold station only for Vettel to ignore the order, Vettel taking him out in Turkey 2010. Also "Not bad for a number 2 driver" and drove while vomiting once.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Multi 21.

He is a great racer and overall humble personality. Like, similar charm to Riccairdo. Just how Massa just shafted by the great dick of fate.

chadskin

So, what happened with my fellow countryman Augusto Farfus? I thought he was a somewhat good driver, but he now seems to be always on the back of the grid. Does he sux or his team isn't good? I don't follow DTM. :p

I think that's a mystery to him as well. :)

He has the same equipment as his fellow BMW drivers, so no excuses there. In fact, he would've started from 2nd position today had he not crossed the line a tenth of a second too late in qualifying which rendered his best lap invalid. Tough luck.

DD

I think that's a mystery to him as well. :)

He has the same equipment as his fellow BMW drivers, so no excuses there. In fact, he would've started from 2nd position today had he not crossed the line a tenth of a second too late in qualifying which rendered his best lap invalid. Tough luck.

LOL, I remember that he used to have some good results. Did he had a child or something like that?

FrankCanada97

Roughly the size of a baaaaaarge
Speaking of WTCC, does anyone else think it won't survive the end of the decade? There are only two manufacturer-backed teams and the grid is struggling to reach 16 cars.

It looks like TCR is the new touring car hotness and watching their races at Spa this past weekend, TCR looks so much more exciting.

Race 2 of the Spa race:
https://youtu.be/x5Q9SF-LwVY

DD

Speaking WTCC, does anyone else think it won't survive the end of the decade? There are only two manufacturer-backed teams and the grid is struggling to reach 16 cars.

It looks like TCR is the new touring car hotness and watching their races at Spa this past weekend, TCR looks so much more exciting.

Race 2 of the Spa race:

This looks fun! That's a nice grid there.

Speaking WTCC, does anyone else think it won't survive the end of the decade? There are only two manufacturer-backed teams and the grid is struggling to reach 16 cars.

Race 2 of the Spa race:

Watching WTCC has always been as fun as watching paint dry. BTCC has always been better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom