• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2017 Season |OT| Japanese Horror Story - Sundays on Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankCanada97

Roughly the size of a baaaaaarge
It must be nice for Timo Glock to have a sponsor as loyal as Deutsche Post. I don't recall ever seeing a car or racing suit of his without that sponsorship on it.

Aiii

So not worth it
So this is an interesting rumor. The same guy that broke the news that Max was going to take Kvyat's seat a day before the actual announcement claims that the same source that gave him that news is saying that RBR is not introducing an update to the RB13 this weekend, but will in fact introduce the RB14 instead. Changes include a new suspension, rake, and most notably a new innovative nose that is supposed to fix their issue with the air flow going through the car. Simulator work by Max is supposed to have improved his lap times by 1,3~1,5 seconds. They estimate that, with the updates coming to the other teams, they should be able to decrease the gap by about a second.

This is also why Renault has pushed back their update to the engine, prioritizing reliability first over speed.

DBT85

Should be interesting. RIP Ferrari, if true.

Their season is going to hinge on the next major update and power unit penalties.

Mercs Barca update will bring the car underweight compared to its current 6kg overweight status. That alone will give them some freedom to change the weight distribution and setup for the drivers which they've not had yet. On top of that, currently at least the PUs are holding up.

Aiii

So not worth it
why rip Ferrari

image.php

kmag

You could believe that about Red Bull. the RB13 seems almost bizarrely underdeveloped, especially given that Newey is normally has one of the more complicated aero packages.

Even accounting for them attempting to minimise drag due to their power deficit, the RB13 just seems undercooked.

Or you could just enjoy the season instead of acting miserable with every new development. :p

Enjoyment leads to excitement.
Excitement leads to hope.
Hope leads to dreams.
Dreams are going to be shattered.

giphy.gif

I honestly enjoy the little wins for Ferrari this season. Even the P2 finish last race was great to watch, as Vettel was able to attack until the chequered flag. If Vettel lost the championship like that in the last race, I'd still be satisfied. Not happy, but satisfied.
But I'm not getting dragged into the false hope that Ferrari is able to keep this up and challenge Mercedes until the end of the season. I simply refuse to. The silly pre-season hype was too much for me.

E: Until then I'm always going to bet against Ferrari. That way, I can get a win out of their failures and a "told you so!" on top of it.

Aiii

So not worth it
Max vs Seb vs Lewis could be a classic season.

I'd watch that.

The three best overtakers head to head on equal grounds, it would be a dream.

While this season has been great, it is a bit of a shame that we haven't seen that much head to head yet, Bottas vs. Vettel had potential, if only the race had been a few laps longer.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Or you could just enjoy the season instead of acting miserable with every new development. :p

You all need to be lenient with Brotkasten. 2010 and 2012 still hurt.

He's like the guy who got cheated on by three wifes in a row.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Sounds like Renault. Glock's sponsor has the right color. And Palmer is shit.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
His earlier instagram mentions landing in London (https://www.instagram.com/p/BT1ZONSDVQD/). So must be a UK-based team if this isn't all a joke (e.g. 2-seater driving).

The red car throws me off though. Can't be Sauber, Stroll probably still has tons of money, but Palmer@Renault might be a good guess.

Still, would've thought someone from Formula-E (e.g. Rosenquist, Buemi/Prost if it's Renault) would've been a better choice.

Zeknurn

I take it no one here follows Glock on twitter because he's clearly joking. Most of the things he posts on social media is done tongue in cheek.

My guess is that he's doing something for German TV on F1 simulators.

dakun

yeah it's a joke. Still would like some replacement for Palmer appear sooner rather than later. He's a joke that's not even that funny anymore.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Ohh...

@realTimoGlock
And just before I take off to London for filming a little clip for @RTL_Steffen I need to repost… instagram.com/p/BT0nhWVDbCF/

It looks like he's filming something for RTL tv. Maybe some Virgin/Marussia car someone had lying around.

Fox Mulder

So this is an interesting rumor. The same guy that broke the news that Max was going to take Kvyat's seat a day before the actual announcement claims that the same source that gave him that news is saying that RBR is not introducing an update to the RB13 this weekend, but will in fact introduce the RB14 instead. Changes include a new suspension, rake, and most notably a new innovative nose that is supposed to fix their issue with the air flow going through the car. Simulator work by Max is supposed to have improved his lap times by 1,3~1,5 seconds. They estimate that, with the updates coming to the other teams, they should be able to decrease the gap by about a second.

This is also why Renault has pushed back their update to the engine, prioritizing reliability first over speed.

Gaining 1.5 seconds just from a new chassis is incredible. Then there's a Renault upgrade later.

Will be fun seeing how teams can keep up with development.

tomtom94

Well the options would seem to be Williams (no), Sauber kicking out Ericsson (can't see it - he's hardly destructive, just a bit slow), and Renault giving Palmer the boot (but then wouldn't Sirotkin be their first call?).

I'd be very very surprised if Glock is being called up straight to a race seat, anyway - I'd go with he's going to be a reserve driver like de la Rosa.

(Fun fact if you want to feel old: Glock first raced in F1 thirteen years ago...)

Mastah

I take it no one here follows Glock on twitter because he's clearly joking. Most of the things he posts on social media is done tongue in cheek.

My guess is that he's doing something for German TV on F1 simulators.

Exactly, but nowadays #funnyhastag has to be included, otherwise it's serious shit, bro.

Zeknurn

@realTimoGlock

Oh oh this takes off like a rocket! Even so lots of fans saw it's not a seat fit.... i will not replace anyone anywhere I am the happiest guy being able to drive @DTM for @BMWMotorsport with such a great partner like @deutschepost so don't worry.

Still overwhelmed by all the comments and lots of funny comments but will show you soon which Team contacted me 😉

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom