• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2017 Season |OT| Japanese Horror Story - Sundays on Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaneus

So this is an interesting rumor. The same guy that broke the news that Max was going to take Kvyat's seat a day before the actual announcement claims that the same source that gave him that news is saying that RBR is not introducing an update to the RB13 this weekend, but will in fact introduce the RB14 instead. Changes include a new suspension, rake, and most notably a new innovative nose that is supposed to fix their issue with the air flow going through the car. Simulator work by Max is supposed to have improved his lap times by 1,3~1,5 seconds. They estimate that, with the updates coming to the other teams, they should be able to decrease the gap by about a second.

This is also why Renault has pushed back their update to the engine, prioritizing reliability first over speed.
Is it even legal to introduce what is essentially a completely new chassis (even in name) mid-season?

Hopefully Danny doesn't have any issues coming to grips with it. He needs to be right up there again.

tonka

Is it even legal to introduce what is essentially a completely new chassis (even in name) mid-season?

Hopefully Danny doesn't have any issues coming to grips with it. He needs to be right up there again.

Chassis wise it's fine as long as it passes all the crash tests

DBT85

Just realised I'm in Barcelona this weekend. I'm in town for an actual F1 race and I'm going. FML.

As long as it meets the rules and passes the crash tests you could make 20 if you wanted.

Just have to wonder how much they've managed to do since the start of the season as they clearly went to testing thinking they had the right car already.

Danielsan

Just have to wonder how much they've managed to do since the start of the season as they clearly went to testing thinking they had the right car already.
Rumors (according to Joe Saward) are that Newy was not as involved in the RBR13's creation as he should have been.

Joe Saward said:
The most notable element outside the big two teams was the fact that Red Bull Racing was well off the pace – and also not very reliable. The word is that Adrian Newey has been stung into action in recent weeks after the team's poor performances. The theory is that Adrian has been wrapped up in the Aston Martin Valkyrie programme in the course of the six months and this meant that the F1 car did not get much of his attention. Now that it is not doing well, that is not good for the Newey reputation, so he's back on the gas big time in an effort to close the gap.

Anywho. We'll have to see. I still very much doubt they'll be able to find more than 0,5 seconds with the new chassis alone, but I'd love to proven wrong. Having a three team battle at the front would be incredible.

Maybe Glockwill be one of the driver which will run McLaren simulators. They need all help they can get

XD

A mediocre driver like Glock can't unfuck the fuckery done by Giles Simon.

The PU won't be competitive until around SPA according to Japanese Honda insider. Simon's combustion design (the chosen 1 of 3) melts the pistons in the V6 configuration, that's why they're running in a detune state and that's why his contract with Honda was terminated.

Dr. Hasegawa and Mario will make The Beast strong and healthy for McLaren to win races this season.

dubc35

Webber calling it as it is: Although he may be optimistic in lasting 12 laps.

"It's a non story," Webber said. "That's a non story, Jenson at Monaco.

"He goes out, has fuel pressure problems on practice one, qualifies 17th, race retires Lap 12. Whatever. Who cares.

"Jenson is a world champion. He's won Monaco. It's a story if he can win the race, but… to get some points, he'd be lucky.

"Who. Cares."

ramparter

Banned

Ferrari started a lot of seasons on the old car in the Schumi era and usually Barcelona was when the new one was introduced.

The PU won't be competitive until around SPA according to Japanese Honda insider. Simon's combustion design (the chosen 1 of 3) melts the pistons in the V6 configuration, that's why they're running in a detune state and that's why his contract with Honda was terminated.

Dr. Hasegawa and Mario will make The Beast strong and healthy for McLaren to win races this season.
136.png

DBT85

Ferrari still taking home more than Mercedes.
http://www.autosport.com/news/repor...ail&utm_term=0_37b525b20e-d492e23c6e-44799683

LL9Rtid.png

As Haas has only completed one season, it does not qualify for Column 1 payments.

Column 2 is calculated on a sliding scale from first to 10th place with first receiving 19% of the fund, sixth 9% and 10th 4%.

Ferrari, Mercedes, Red Bull and McLaren have agreed separate deals for constructors' championship bonus payments.

Ferrari also receives a long-standing team payment while Williams collects a heritage payment.

Red Bull receives an extra payment for being the first team to sign the current bi-lateral agreement, which runs to 2020, and this totals $35m.

After meeting its agreed target of two world championships, Mercedes earns a special annual payment that matches Red Bull's.

Ferrari will receive $180m, representing almost one fifth of the total 'pot' but $12m less than last year.

So fucking backdoor shady.

Ark

Nothing new there. Will be interesting to see how Liberty handle it come 2020 when the new Concorde agreement is due.

Zaru

Nothing new there. Will be interesting to see how Liberty handle it come 2020 when the new Concorde agreement is due.

Those are gonna be interesting times again. Lots of wailing and threats of leaving the sport, the lower half of the "spending grid" pushing for cost caps and fairer distribution, possibly even manufacturers that aren't currently in F1 flirting with the idea of joining if terms are in their favor etc... so basically what happens every year except condensed and amplified.

FrankCanada97

Roughly the size of a baaaaaarge
I'm going to put up the Indy 500 OT on Sunday after the Spanish Grand Prix. I don't know how in depth I should be regarding the all the drivers' and teams' info. I want to try to make it accessible to newcomers. I have a few ideas for the OT tag line, but I'll be happy to take suggestions.

Yagami_Sama

Glock, somehow, was important to McLaren, thanks to him Hamilton won a Championship
joke

I am really want to see McLaren wining again, but I cannot be that positive as you are.

Aiii

So not worth it
I'm going to put up the Indy 500 OT on Sunday after the Spanish Grand Prix. I don't know how in depth I should be regarding the all the drivers' and teams' info. I want to try to make it accessible to newcomers. I have a few ideas for the OT tag line, but I'll be happy to take suggestions.

Indy 500 2017 |OT| The Spanish Power Of American Dreams

Zaru

Indy 500 2017 |OT| No one expects the spanish pole position

But it's kinda weird to make it about Alonso

mclem

Why is COL1 36 across the board (with the exception of Haas?). Given it's 'based on classification', I'd expect it to have a greater range. Unless 'based on classification' is basically 'whether you showed up', with COL2 having the greater nuance.

DBT85

Why is COL1 36 across the board (with the exception of Haas?). Given it's 'based on classification', I'd expect it to have a greater range. Unless 'based on classification' is basically 'whether you showed up', with COL2 having the greater nuance.

Column 1 payments are made to teams that have completed 2 seasons.

Aiii

So not worth it
For the last ten years, nobody has managed to win the Spanish GP a second time...

18425027_1396998510378459_3934161322514894633_n.png

So, Bottas is going to wreck Lewis again. Meltdown incoming.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Interesting. I questioned at the time why Jenson wasn't in the car for that test.

That test required one driver who hasn't raced in F1 before (Turvey). Makes more sense to run a regular driver (Vandoorne in this case) alongside.

I assume they forgot to change the camera colour in their mockups rather than having them both the same? Because that would be insane as it's still easier to tell from that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom