• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2017 Season |OT| Japanese Horror Story - Sundays on Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

magimix

Yup it's still Formula E.

Looks like Piquet is at fault. He should have given him more space.

I love how 'bumper cars' the series can be. Rubbing is racing as they way. As is barging people out of the way, ramming people up the back, and occasionally just surfing over the top of them, apparently. Also how *tortured* the tyres sound, pretty much at all times. Like the cars are barely holding themselves to the track.

Zeknurn

I love how 'bumper cars' the series can be. Rubbing is racing as they way. As is barging people out of the way, ramming people up the back, and occasionally just surfing over the top of them, apparently. Also how *tortured* the tyres sound, pretty much at all times. Like the cars are barely holding themselves to the track.

Ditto. It's fun to have cars that doesn't explode at the sniff of contact.

TCRS

Banned
Goddamn Alonso. Dragging that meme car to p7 #justalonsothings

Also good seeing that Ferrari is still close. After yesterday I thought everything is already over..

Kalor

I haven't been feeling this season of Formula E. Part of it is due to the racing but the long gap between races is the main reason. I don't really feel invested in the championship as by the time the next race rolls around I've completely forgotten the previous one.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
With Sauber teaming up with Honda I wonder if that means we'll see Nobuharu Matsushita in F1 next year.

magimix

I haven't been feeling this season of Formula E. Part of it is due to the racing but the long gap between races is the main reason. I don't really feel invested in the championship as by the time the next race rolls around I've completely forgotten the previous one.

Thats a really good point. I really hope that in future seasons the schedule can be more conventional, with 'normal' gaps between races.
Edit: In fact, thinking on it, I realise that I find myself catching up on race highlights in the lead up to the next race because, as you say, the gaps can be so long that you can flat-out forget what the score is, and what the 'stories' are. I gotta remind myself.

Razgreez

Was the intention to miss most of the apexes? if so mission (almost) accomplished :D. Mind you the turn in to that final chicane was

5c1.png

Ruruja

The comparison video between Hamilton and Vettel's lap is interesting.

I think it's safe to say Hamilton has always been supreme at chicanes, and it made all the difference today.

Loris146

The comparison video between Hamilton and Vettel's lap is interesting.

I think it's safe to say Hamilton has always been supreme at chicanes, and it made all the difference today.

Ferrari has some issues in the last sector , maybe a bit of understeer.

Tubie

Just watched the qualifying and I was really not expecting Ferrari to be this close after the Mercedes upgrades. Red Bull ain't that far off either, so we have the potential for a real race tomorrow.

But Alonso getting P7 is the real surprise of the afternoon for me.

Elros

Yeah. Sky germany said they had to drive a bit less rear wing and therefore have less downforce in sector 3 compared to Mercedes.
It's not a good news for overtake possibilities at turn 1 for Ferrari ... if they cant stay behind the mercs in the last sector, they wont overtake.

Addnan

It's not a good news for overtake possibilities at turn 1 for Ferrari ... if they cant stay behind the mercs in the last sector, they wont overtake.

It's Barcelona, would that even matter. Have to be significantly fast to overtake there.

PtKid

Banned
Palmer, Ericsson, Stroll and I would say even Kvyat need to go.

There are so many more talented drivers out there that would grab the chance with both hands...Fuck needing money to get in. People like Da Costa and Frijns never had a chance!

In regards to qualy, it was hardly surprising other than alonso being mighty again.

I watched Formula E and a serious shake up needs to happen.
Cars are too slow, fanboost is nonsense and I would say even the qualifying is backwards. As we saw today, the first group had no chance since track had no grip at that point.

Chris R

First time in a long time I realized how slow the Formula-E cars are seeing them on the same bits of Monaco as the regular F1 cars are.

Monaco gonna Monaco I guess, more passing would have been nice.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Ferrari was right on the Mercs in the first 2 qualifying sessions and they were ahead in FP3. If not for the botched final turn by Vettel he would be on pole. Tomorrow is going to be a good competitive race.

On another note, if anyone is in NYC I will be going to the NYC F1 meetup tomorrow with my friends, come join!

Lastly, finally got my tickets in, first ever live F1 race. I am beyond excited.

Tubie

Imagine if Alonso had stayed at Ferrari just a couple more years :(

I still believe he is the best driver in the current grid, and by some margin.

FuturusX

Imagine if Alonso had stayed at Ferrari just a couple more years :(

I still believe he is the best driver in the current grid, and by some margin.

I really think it's a toss up between Hamilton, Vettel and Alonso. If Mcalren was competitive, We would have the greatest three way fight for the crown. C'est la vie....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom