• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2017 Season |OT| Japanese Horror Story - Sundays on Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

xrnzaaas

Nice to see top 4 so close but Alonso definitely stole the show in qualifying. Awesome result, now only if the race tomorrow was shortened to 3 laps like it usually is in video games. ;)

Fox Mulder

I was focusing on the top guys and missed Alonso landing P7...impressive. It's such a waste to have him on this car.

Just dump Honda already and bolt in a merc pu. They should at least be mixing it up with Force India, Williams, and biting at Redbulll's heels if they were a merc customer team.

Ty4on

The problem now is that Honda will think that the engine is fixed and no development or updates are required.

Waiting for WaX commentaries.

They will save money and put one of their lawnmower engines in it. Improved reliability and Alonso is still within 107%.

Zaru

To anyone wondering, there's a new thing in F1 now where the top drivers get interviewed on track right after the Quali. It's a gimmick for the fans on track.

64bitbros

Top 5 pretty close together. Will be fun tomorrow. Not sure whats up with Ric though. Upgrade working for Ver but not for him.

Zeknurn

All that time Ferrari spent on practicing starts during their filming day is going to come in handy tomorrow.

And It's amazing how we went from weekend ruined to race is on within a single lap at the start of Q1.

Aiii

So not worth it
Top 5 pretty close together. Will be fun tomorrow. Not sure whats up with Ric though. Upgrade working for Ver but not for him.

He has been outpaced by Verstappen all season so far, to be fair. Russian qualifying being an exception, he has been behind him for most other sessions. Not sure it is the upgrade.

All that time Ferrari spent on practicing starts during their filming day is going to come in handy tomorrow.

And It's amazing how we went from weekend ruined to race is on within a single lap at the start of Q1.

I'm still mad about Ferrari throwing away the gifted 1-2 win at Sochi.

Liberty Media going hard for the fan interaction.
The tickets are expensive, so I'm sure fans are happy to get to see more of the drivers.

Zeknurn

Yeah, on track interviews is so much better than the incredibly dull interviews in that room with the overdone sound proofing.

All three drivers were much more relaxed and not in pr mode.

I like Valteri's blue cap. Might need to get one

I have to say that I agree. The blue is striking.

magimix

I'm still mad about Ferrari throwing away the gifted 1-2 win at Sochi.

The tickets are expensive, so I'm sure fans are happy to get to see more of the drivers.

Yeah, I hope it pans out. I'm not that interested in 'Post-X' interviews myself, but stuff like this that seeks to improve the experience for fans who are there? - more power to it.

Monster drive from Alonso; once again, that dude wrings the car for absolutely everything it has.

Xando

Lap times

C_tZ4CDXcAElZ44.jpg

NHale

"This is also a team achievement. They work so hard. Changed so many power units since the start of the season."

/dead

Jibbed

Both Ferraris were ahead of Lewis right up until the last 3 corners.

You can see Seb and Kimi going in way quicker, running a touch wider and compromising their entry/exit through the last chicane.

Lewis and Valterri were much more conservative in their approach and it only really paid off on the last corner.

dakun

"This is also a team achievement. They work so hard. Changed so many power units since the start of the season."

/dead

to be fair he's probably talking about his mechanics who suffer just as much as Alonso with the unreliability and are not responsible for it.

magimix

to be fair he's probably talking about his mechanics who suffer just as much as Alonso with the unreliability and are not responsible for it.

That is how I took that also. It is easy to sympathise with Alonso - a driver of his calibre hauling a real pile of a car around. But I imagine it sucks hard for the mechanics too. It isn't like the issues the car is having are due to them doing a poor job (I assume, to be sure; I'd expect something like that to have gotten out by now if it were the case).

magimix

Man, it is just an abundance of racing this weekend. F1, its feeder series, Formula e, some Blancpain stuff happening, also Indiycar stuff. I need more screens!

The problem now is that Honda will think that the engine is fixed and no development or updates are required.

Waiting for WaX commentaries.

These are the 2nd day Bahrain test engines, the engine of Alonso that pissed itself yesterday was the Australian one that had done three GP weekends, so it's clear Honda are on the up with performance, but the real fun won't start until the new combustion process gets The Beast roaring.

Without a doubt the McHonda Peter P rocketship is winning races this season.

Senstational lap from Alonso👌 The Stoff is beginning to look like a right mug, the car isn't dogshit, and I don't care if his teammate is Alonso, the gap is way too big.

magimix

Jeepers... For a while there it looked like Buemi was just taking a Sunday drive around the track by himself!
Edit: Thinking back to Mexico - we clearly need a more dusty track.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom