• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2017 Season |OT| Japanese Horror Story - Sundays on Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.
18699926_2382508555220783_651928816961386360_n.jpg

Never gets old

YouTube gave me a Cornetto advert. It knows.

1221793441599922021.gif

I really hope Vettel can get past Kimi at the start and only Vettel. Kimi needs to close the door hard on Bottas. They can't throw another 1-2 finish away, like the did in Sochi.

Zaru

I really hope Vettel can get past Kimi at the start and only Vettel. Kimi needs to close the door hard on Bottas. They can't throw another 1-2 finish away, like the did in Sochi.

On pace and track position, Ferrari should have this in the bag, considering that they seem to have improved their starts.
But that's not how it works. A safety car here (almost guaranteed), a mistake or technical defect there, maybe just a crazy backmarker refusing to get lapped safely... a lot can happen.

Chris R

WTF Lewis???

Does he still have his set of softs that he can jump into on lap 2 to get out of traffic and never need to pit the rest of the race?

Zaru

WTF Lewis???

Does he still have his set of softs that he can jump into on lap 2 to get out of traffic and never need to pit the rest of the race?

Softs?
Everyone expects the Ultras to last the entire race. The question is when the optimal time for getting rid of the mandatory slower tyre is. That means gambling, especially regarding the safety car.

What a picture
Damn that's good

DBT85

Nice photo!

Crazy to see Lewis that far down the order, Just hope he can get through the first lap carnage and then make something happen.Won;t happen unless he can get grip though.

Great to see Kimi on pole just to mix things up a bit more too.]

EDIt: also, the lack of gifs from quali in this thread is alarming.

Yagami_Sama

McLaren situation is beyond absurd. The drivers, somehow manage to go to P3, with great chances to score the first points of the team on this season, and them the engine barely can't last one race and they lost a lot of positions.

I understand that crash ruined Hamilton's final lap, but can someone explain to me why is off the pace by that much? What's going on here? Botas seems to be doing fine.

Now all we need is Bottas between the Ferraris in turn one

.. I'm trying my best but I really can't be optimistic anymore :( ... Happy for sure, but not optimistic.. I think it's normal for a Kimi fan to wait for something wrong to happen.. otherwise it won't be normal

GOOOO KIMMIII ..

Now all we need is Bottas between the Ferraris in turn one

.. I'm trying my best but I really can't be optimistic anymore :( ... Happy for sure, but not optimistic.. I think it's normal for a Kimi fan to wait for something wrong to happen.. otherwise it won't be normal

GOOOO KIMMIII ..
Why wouldn't you want Vettel behind Kimi to hold Bottas back? It's not like Bottas was as slow as Hamilton.

I understand that crash ruined Hamilton's final lap, but can someone explain to me why is off the pace by that much? What's going on here? Botas seems to be doing fine.

He cant get the tyres to work with his set up. Have no idea if its related to his driving style or what. It doesnt bode well for Hungary or any street style circuit if him and the team cant sort this shit out. How the fuck do you develop a car not tailored to your lead driver's strengths?

Mohonky

Could be any number of things.

It may just be his driving style doesnt suit this particular regulation, maybe the car, maybe he's with Nicole again; he's clearly not been great so far.

DBT85

Merc are saying the car has a narrower setup window than last year so that might be part of it. They as a team are struggling to put heat into the tyres. They are supposed to be doing analysis tonight to work out what Bottas did differently.

But yeah, Nicole is in his head.

RoKKeR

Just saw Kimi's lap... pretty incredible. I'm here at Indy for the weekend (saw Alonso at the drivers parade today!) but will catch the race when I'm home.

Also that photo is amazing, Jamey Price is the GOAT Motorsport photographer.

dubc35

Crap, I knew I wouldn't have too much time to watch qualy so I decided to spoil the results. I did not expect this! I love Monaco but have drawn a little tired of it recently. I hope to tune in tomorrow!

Also that photo is amazing, Jamey Price is the GOAT Motorsport photographer.
Agreed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom