• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2017 Season |OT| Japanese Horror Story - Sundays on Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
Bottas is now closer to #blessed than #blessed is to Seb. Meanwhile, Danny is just a fucking cowboy, I hope he chips one day.

All this yeehaw nonsense - he's forgotten his roots. Next he'll be moving to Monaco and truly earn the ire of everyone in Australia.

John_B

Raikkonen is not even good enough for the podium. Sacrificed whenever possible. Ferrari should bring back Alonso for next season if they want a shot at the constructors.

JDB

Banned
Looks like he has giving up on everything. Meanwhile Mercedes has a "number 2 driver" who wins races. Kimi needs to go and they need some fresh blood.
Yeah, I feel like Kimi loses places almost every race start and safety car restart.

NyUOnw6.gif

ckNS0yI.gif

H4lICHO.gif

Ninman

Raikkonen is not even good enough for the podium. Sacrificed whenever possible. Ferrari should bring back Alonso for next season if they want a shot at the constructors.
I just dont see Alonso at Ferrari, in an ideal world the teams would be something like Ham-Alo at Mercedes, Vett-Vers at Ferrari and Ric-Sainz at RB.

nekkid

Hill's right. If you're past your box line 0.000001s after the lights go out, then that should be fine. You gambled and won, or you have superhuman reflexes.

Aiii

So not worth it
Lol Verstappen is overtaken in the standing by Perez. Says enough haha.

Well of course if he finishes only four out nine races. It is impressive enough he has as many points as he does despite his car being a slow shitbox in the races he did finish.

I don't think Mercedes would ask Bottas to move again. He's more than proven himself now to be a completely productive driver toward the WCC so there's no reason to give him any orders. Hamilton obviously wants more WDCs but he's a good team player these days and knows the actual team objective over his own.
If he's going to do it, it should be when he wins.
This should be the new rule, yes. And he shouldn't be peer pressuring the others on the podium to, lol. Stroll asking "is this illegal?" in Baku was awesome, though. Getting the interviewers to is 100% acceptable at all times, of course. New blood and winners on the podium this year has been a lot of fun in general.

JDB

Banned
Hill's right. If you're past your box line 0.000001s after the lights go out, then that should be fine. You gambled and won, or you have superhuman reflexes.
I imagine if those were the rules you'd see a lot more drivers gambling and jump starting. Probably not the best idea.

John_B

Bottas didn't move so Hamilton could then beat him. Hamilton had a big pace advantage and to try and catch Vettel they needed for Bottas not to hold him up. Surely he would have passed him anyways.

Grug

Seb probably should have thanked Kimi for sacrificing his race.

Hopefully he acknowledges that in one of the subsequent interviews.

Orbis

Yeah I think it's fine to ignore human response time and let it be. If people move before the lights go out, penalise them, if they don't, don't. Not worth thinking too much about it.

Athletics is different naturally, if someone beat the 100m World Record by luckily guessing the starting gun, it would be terrible. In F1 you might gain a place or two.

EDIT: Removed bit about box lines, I haven't read the details on how it's detected.

Zeknurn

brotkasten, I'll keep this avatar unless you have something new for me.

It was pretty close this weekend! 4 hundreds in qualifying and one Perez in the race. I'm quite optimistic leading into Silverstone.

Fox Mulder

This should be the new rule, yes. And he shouldn't be peer pressuring the others on the podium to, lol. Stroll asking "is this illegal?" in Baku was awesome, though. Getting the interviewers to is 100% acceptable at all times, of course. New blood and winners on the podium this year has been a lot of fun in general.

They're grown men, don't do it if you don't want to. Webber did it once and another time threw the show off the stage when he was interviewing.

Zeknurn

Is Red Bull-Honda really a thing?

And because you almost won the bet, here's happy Pastor for the next two weeks.

5wp1XCe.jpg

Thanks.

Anything is possible if Honda offers them a more powerful power unit and works status for two years until the new power unit regulations come into effect.

xrnzaaas

Nice to see Bottas winning, doesn't change the fact that it was a boring race. Max is really unlucky this season, it's almost like he's already driving a Red Bull Honda. ;)

nekkid

Ok, I'll correct myself from the previous page. It's measured based on relative forward motion, says Brundle after having spoken with the stewards, rather than position in the box.

That gif from last page was misleading, though.

Fox Mulder

Thanks.

Anything is possible if Honda offers them a more powerful power unit and works status for two years until the new power unit regulations come into effect.

Who wants those sloppy seconds. Honda even fucked up an update just this weekend. McLaren would probably love to be redbull right now and at least grab podiums and the occasional win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom