• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2017 Season |OT| Japanese Horror Story - Sundays on Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Silverstone could be interesting. Red Bull seems competitive and Ferrari is going to introduce an upgraded engine, which is going to be the third for Vettel and Kimi. I really, really don't see Hamilton losing the race, but it could be a close fight.

The silly season is also in full swing. Marchionne confirmed that Alonso knocked on their door, but they're definitely not interested in him. He wants to keep Vettel for 2018, but it's up to Vettel to take the option. As for Kimi, he's not very happy with him, describing him as a laggard, saying he needs to show more commitment. It was also confirmed that there have been talks with Verstappen, but there's no pre-contract in place. Marchionne also said that we'll find out before the end of the year. Kinda funny thing to say, when Horner confirmed Max for 2018 at Red Bull. His contract ends in 2019 and he'd be up for grabs afterwards. Kvyat has not been confirmed yet for another year at Toro Rosso, but Horner said it's very likely they're going to take the option.

Sources:
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ferrari-insists-it-s-not-interested-in-alonso-return-928941/
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/raikkonen-marchionne-ferrari-criticism-928742/
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/kvyat-new-toro-rosso-contract-928978/

Tubie

.207 is my best

SkzTfRl.png

I am very consistent tho, mostly around .207-.215

U6dbnJB.png

Got a .071 on my 3rd attempt, thought no way I'm getting that close again and ended up getting a .078 a few tries later :D
The rest were mostly in the 0.220 - 0.250 range.

Pryce

Silverstone could be interesting. Red Bull seems competitive and Ferrari is going to introduce an upgraded engine, which is going to be the third for Vettel and Kimi. I really, really don't see Hamilton losing the race, but it could be a close fight.

The silly season is also in full swing. Macchione confirmed that Alonso knocked on their door, but they're definitely not interested in him. He wants to keep Vettel for 2018, but it's up to Vettel to take the option. As for Kimi, he's not very happy with him, describing him as a laggard, saying he needs to show more commitment. It was also confirmed that there have been talks with Verstappen, but there's no pre-contract in place. Macchione also said that we'll find out before the end of the year. Kinda funny thing to say, when Horner confirmed Max for 2018 at Red Bull. His contract ends in 2019 and he'd be up for grabs afterwards. Kvyat has not been confirmed yet for another year at Toro Rosso, but Horner said it's very likely they're going to take the option.

Sources:
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ferrari-insists-it-s-not-interested-in-alonso-return-928941/
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/raikkonen-marchionne-ferrari-criticism-928742/
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/kvyat-new-toro-rosso-contract-928978/

So the assumption is that Vettel either goes to Mercedes or Ferrari, right? If he goes then Bottas is out, which he could then go to Ferrari. (I assume)

I also heard (read) that Ricciardo has a pre-contract for Ferrari if Vettel leaves. Hamilton and Vettel at Mercedes and Ricciardo and Bottas at Ferrari?

Chuck

Still without luck
So the assumption is that Vettel either goes to Mercedes or Ferrari, right? If he goes then Bottas is out, which he could then go to Ferrari. (I assume)

I also heard (read) that Ricciardo has a pre-contract for Ferrari if Vettel leaves. Hamilton and Vettel at Mercedes and Ricciardo and Bottas at Ferrari?
There's no way in h that Vettel doesn't stay with Ferrari. He learned Italian words and stuff!

The previous rumor was that the negotiations between Vettel and Ferrari were still going on. Ferrari wants to see commitment from Vettel and sign him for 2 or 3 years, whereas Vettel wants to sign for just another year. I can understand both sides, but Ferrari really isn't in a good position. Sure, the car isn't completely worthless so far, but there's no guarantee that they can keep it up or even carry this success over to the next seasons and build upon it. I know it's a meme at this point, but they've been working on next year's car for a while now. Since last season, I think. It could really go either way and Mercedes has been the better team for years. I can see why Vettel would rather want to drive for them.

Fox Mulder

Presumably Vettel would have to decide before the title is decided, which is why I think he'll stay with a one year deal. Will be interesting. Maybe Hamilton retires after a 4th title.

Mercedes has success locked in until the next formula really, but maybe there's a risk of them pulling out and selling the team in the next few years.

AndyD

aka andydumi
So I'll be in London this weekend with a more or less wide open day for Sunday. Considering Wimbledon and F1, are there watch parties at pubs? Or any suggestions on what I can do?

Really happy again for Bottas this last race and I really wish VER would be able to complete a race every once in a while. As much as I hate to admit it, he's probably a better racer than Ricciardo but I've barely seen him in the action this year.
I'd be really surprised to see him at Ferrari tho, they don't typically take (relatively)
inexperienced drivers do they?

Both F2 races were better but that's not very hard, I would be hard pressed to name a series with worst actual racing than F1, but oh well here we are.
Yeah, I'm a relatively new F1 fan. Been watching close to 4 years now but rarely watch other disciplines. Watched the F2 races this weekend and I feel like I'm missing out on actual racing by sticking to F1 mainly.
This is gonna be a page filled with people posting their time isn't it?

lol, dat email tag. 0.218 here, but mostly 0.24-0.25 reactions for me, sitting at a desk in a neutral environment. I can't imagine what it's like having practiced a track all weekend and sitting at the start of an F1 grand prix

I did .201 once, exactly the same as Bottas. Mostly my good results were .210-.225, and I tend to have really shit reflexes. A top trained athlete who for sure trains his reflexes constantly could certainly do better than me.

What I noticed was when the lights were kept on for longer I kept flinching and jumping the start. I guess no F1 career for me...

FrankCanada97

Roughly the size of a baaaaaarge
Eurosport Italy is reporting that Sergio Marchionne wants Charles Leclerc in a Ferrari seat. Incidentally, today I learned that Marchionne went to the same school as I did.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Eurosport Italy is reporting that Sergio Marchionne wants Charles Leclerc in a Ferrari seat. Incidentally, today I learned that Marchionne went to the same school as I did.

For some reason I thought you were from Canada.

LeClerc's good, but Ferrari is a big step. Stick him in a Haas.

FrankCanada97

For some reason I thought you were from Canada.

LeClerc's good, but Ferrari is a big step. Stick him in a Haas.

Lol, I am. Marchionne did his undergraduate studies at the University of Toronto.

Haas is probably the more likely option. I don't ever recall Ferrari taking on a rookie, and I doubt that'll change. One thing is for sure, Leclerc is destined to reach Ferrari.

Grosjean joined Haas to have a better shot at a Ferrari seat, so I'm pretty sure those contracts are fairly loose.

Sure, but if the goal is to get Leclerc in a Ferrari, hiring Grosjean to clear up a Haas seat seems a somewhat unnecessary and roundabout way of doing it. If they're that desperate, just hire him for the Ferrari seat.

tomtom94

Sure, but if the goal is to get Leclerc in a Ferrari, hiring Grosjean to clear up a Haas seat seems a somewhat unnecessary and roundabout way of doing it. If they're that desperate, just hire him for the Ferrari seat.

When was the last time Ferrari hired a youngster straight into one of their seats?

It's not like Grosjean will be around for long anyway, he's in his thirties now.

FrankCanada97

Assuming there isn't a seat for Leclerc, what is Ferrari going to do with him? Leclerc is probably going to win the F2 title, meaning he won't be allowed to race there again. Are they going to follow McLaren and Red Bull and ship him off to Japan? These days it seems that F2 is more of a Super Formula feeder series.

Wehrlein and Palmer to seat swap after the summer break according to Auto Hebdo, talks have taken place and will continue over the weekend.

No way back for Kubica now.

DBT85

For the UK folk who want to watch on Sky, the prices of the new channel shakeup at Sky Sports were reported by the daily fail and could well be accurate.

If you don;t know, they are getting rid of SS1, SS2 etc and going SSPL, SSF1, SSGolf, SSCricket, SSOtherFootball etc.

Sky say the new 10-channel line-up will be available for the same subscription price of £27.50 per month and this will remain frozen for 12 months.

But if fans of a specific sport want to add individual channels to their Sky subscription, it will cost them £18 a month for one, £22 for two or £26 for three.

So your F1 would be £9.50 a month cheaper than it is currently at £27.50 a month.

Aiii

So not worth it
Wehrlein and Palmer to seat swap after the summer break according to Auto Hebdo, talks have taken place and will continue over the weekend.

No way back for Kubica now.

Kubica was never being looked at for this season.

For the UK folk who want to watch on Sky, the prices of the new channel shakeup at Sky Sports were reported by the daily fail and could well be accurate.

If you don;t know, they are getting rid of SS1, SS2 etc and going SSPL, SSF1, SSGolf, SSCricket, SSOtherFootball etc.

So your F1 would be £9.50 a month cheaper than it is currently at £27.50 a month.

Does this apply to nowtv as well?

Jibbed

Something happening in London today or tomorrow.

Barriers with #F1LiveLondon going up, looks like an official event. The Sun (lol) seems to think all current drivers, cars and some classic F1 cars will be present for a demonstration.

Spades

That would be pretty good for Wehrlein.

Honestly, I'm not quite sure why Pascal gets so much shade. Completely overlooked by Mercedes despite driving the wheels off a shitbox Manor and scoring points and doing the same twice already this season in a shitbox Sauber.

Danielsan

Honestly, I'm not quite sure why Pascal gets so much shade. Completely overlooked by Mercedes despite driving the wheels off a shitbox Manor and scoring points and doing the same twice already this season in a shitbox Sauber.
Supposedly he is an ass to work with.

tomtom94

Something happening in London today or tomorrow.

Barriers with #F1LiveLondon going up, looks like an official event. The Sun (lol) seems to think all current drivers, cars and some classic F1 cars will be present for a demonstration.

Wonder if we will get a resurrection of the "London Grand Prix" idea.

Aiii

So not worth it
Yeah for some reason all No 2 Ferrari drivers aren't good...

Remember when Schumacher broke his leg and suddenly Eddie Irvine was a race winning championship contender? That was fun.

Engineers say he has a massive ego and is difficult to work with.

sammex

Silverstone's owners are expected to announce on Tuesday that they will activate a break clause in their contract that would cancel the British Grand Prix after 2019.

A source close to Silverstone owners the British Racing Drivers' Club (BRDC) said: "The BRDC is ready to sit down with F1 to work out a solution that ensures a long-term, financially viable future for the British Grand Prix.

"However, for negotiations to go anywhere there must be sensible offers made by both sides, based on a better understanding of the numbers."

The comments from the source close to Silverstone are a response to information leaked to Reuters news agency last week, which said Silverstone had rejected an offer from F1 to take over the race for five years, which would absorb annual loses of between £2-3m.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom