• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2017 Season |OT| Japanese Horror Story - Sundays on Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lach

This is awesome. Thanks Liberty overlords!

They really are trying their best to get back all the people that Bernie soured over the last few years.
Austrian TV mentioned that ratings are up 20% this year compared to last. Part of it is probably a more interesting championship fight, but Liberty's handling is surely helping a lot!

Why the 2013 Sauber? They should have brought their 2012 one that got four podiums!

mclem

Have to say, I'm pleasantly surprised at the size of the crowd given this seems to have happened at fairly short notice.

Lach

I love seeing the drivers enjoing themselves, being allowed to "interact" with the fans outside of a grand prix.

[edit] Oh JB!

Zeknurn

Is FOM doing the microphone work at this event? Because this is the first time I've heard the v6s sound decent on tv and more comparable to real life.

mclem

Interested to hear that Coulthard was one of the people who made this happen, very curious to hear how that came about. Wonder if he's been thinking about this sort of event for a while.

That MP4/6 is stunning...Little Whores not so much. Shame Hamilton can't be there but well done to Liberty for doing this and getting F1 out there.

Zeknurn

I'm surprised by the even split between Vettel and Hamilton in the crowd. I guess Sky F1 isn't representative of the British after all.

Did they ever give a reason why Hamilton isn't there?

He said on Instagram that he's looking forward to his two days of holiday.

Fox Mulder

Interested to hear that Coulthard was one of the people who made this happen, very curious to hear how that came about. Wonder if he's been thinking about this sort of event for a while.

He was at redbull at did cool shit like donuts on a Dubai hotel helipad.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Went to the event. Security was tight - two bag checks and electronic wands. They even confiscated my deodorant :p

The static cars was a bloody mess - just a cram of people not moving at all. They should have arranged it more like a moving queue. Gave up after about 10 mins.

Saw JB and Max/Lance/Fernando which was cool, then headed down to try and see the cars. Basically impossible as it was four deep all along the strip - if they'd have gone all the way down Whitehall there would have been more space. Or put some terracing at the end. RedBull was crazy loud - I guess pre-hybrid? I don't know if there was any commentary but they didn't have any PA down at the Whitehall end - would have been nice to know what the cars were and who was driving

Eventually got to the front just as everything stopped - kiss after Bottas stalled I think and an ambulance came onto the track. Not sure what was going on - member of the public got hurt?

Could have stayed to see if the cars came back on but I have a long trip home so I called it a night. Will post some vids/pics tomorrow. Is there a way to post Iphone slow motion videos? I tried uploading to youtube but they seem to be full speed

Dude, really?

Yeah there was no need for that sorry but they really get on my nerves. Anyways...that was better than I thought it'd be and I hope this is the start of some great promos by Liberty. Really disappointed that Hamilton couldn't be there and it's not doing him any favours when you see the other 19 drivers up there and getting involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom