• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2017 Season |OT| Japanese Horror Story - Sundays on Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Some photos from f1 Live last week. From post image.io as I can’t get Imgur to work anymore on mobile.

Edit: those were tiny, give me a sec

IMG_0094.jpg

I'm hoping that F1 Live event was a trial run for doing it in more locations in the future. Places that need outreach! *cough*USA*cough* Set up a whirlwind tour of NY LA Chicago the week before the race. It's fine if not all the drivers could make each day. FOM could sport the extra travel costs since it's their promo in the first place.

John_B

I felt a strong case of Vettel fatigue after his winning streak of 9 races at the end of the 2013 season. Hamilton equalled Alonso's 32 wins and 2 championships at the end of the 2014 season and is now close to doubling that. If there are F1 fans out there wanting to see someone else on the podium it's understandable.

Hamilton and Vettel will enjoy legend status once they decide to stop but until then they will greedily take the majority of wins and podiums for the next three to five years.

FrankCanada97

Roughly the size of a baaaaaarge
Pigot just gained 8 positions in this opening stint.

JV will always be my favourite. Found it hard to support any one driver after he left. Only Alonso has come close for me, but still not the same. Loved JV.
JV was great fun to watch, he made an instant impact as a rookie in Indycar in 94 then winning the championship one year later. It's funny how he mirrored that almost exactly when he came into F1.

Shaneus

I miss the BBC coverage of F1, even after Jake left and Suzi took over it was still great. Loved watching the post race and F1 Forum while chilling on a Sunday afternoon. I would look forward to the coverage as much as I did the race and a lot of the time it actually more entertaining, SKY is just not the same, can't stand the hosts, the only thing I watch now is the gridwalk, the race with sky commentary because of Brundle, and Teds Notebook.

BMTJUA0.gif

Ricciardo <3
Ahaha, holy shit he really is the best. Can't not love him.

Fox Mulder

Hamilton killed it this weekend. Vettel got himself into all that trouble by qualifying near Verstappen and then loosing position on the first lap.

It's foolish to call the season at this point. Mercedes has the momentum now but they have had issues with unlocking performance and reliability.

I have zero faith in Ferrari.

FrankCanada97

I remember a time IndyCar was more international and had rounds in Australia, Mexico, Japan and Europe. There are rumours of a China race next year, but aas always it comes down to money.

Shaneus

The official picture of this thread.

edit: Apparently Formula E let Chris Hemsworth have a go in a Formula E car. That's incredible.
https://twitter.com/FIAformulaE/status/886594743001653248

It's still live on their Facebook. He's just got out of the car.
https://www.facebook.com/fiaformulae/videos/vb.490941397612413/1588648047841737/?type=3&theater
I watched a bit, someone made a comment about him playing Kirk in Star Trek, then I had to verify it was actually the guy who played James Hunt in an F1 movie.

DBT85

Well those last 2 laps got interesting. I was just about to say "Can't believe Ferrari burst Kimis tyre" and then Vettels went too. Though I wonder if that lockup while fighting Bottas contributed to Vettels. No way under normal conditions a tyre should pop.

Pleased to see Lewis get a bit of the luck with Seb not getting a possible 3rd.

Shame the Max v Vettel battle didn't go on a bit more.

I don't remember people cheering HAM's issue in Baku, but hey, top notch fans we got here.

Hamilton gets ragged everywhere, including here, for all sorts of minor shit. His hair, his clothes, his extra curricular activities. Fuck, at Spain he used to get monkey chants ffs.

Fans cheering that their home team/driver gets an advantage against their biggest title rival is synonymous with just about all sport.

FrankCanada97

What is everyone's thoughts on DRS? Would you like to see it gone or maybe replaced by a different push to pass method? IndyCar gives everyone extra horsepower for 2 minutes total to use at any point in the race, for passing or defending.

DBT85

What is everyone's thoughts on DRS? Would you like to see it gone or maybe replaced by a different push to pass method? IndyCar gives everyone extra horsepower for 2 minutes total to use at any point in the race, for passing or defending.

I'd like to see it burn in the fire pit of hell for a thousand Sundays, but until they can get cars closer together in dirty air naturally, it's probably not going anywhere.

Zaru

With this year, DRS kind of became a necessity to be able to follow a car since dirty air fucks these aero-heavy cars pretty hard.

Jezbollah

Given how historically how bad the regulations have made non-drs/kers passing so difficult, I don't see it disappearing to be honest. Especially now F2 has it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom