• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2017 Season |OT| Japanese Horror Story - Sundays on Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

malyce

the built in engine they had was always going to be a massive advantage, it was a miracle that Ferrari were competitive in the early races but now that Mercedes have figured out the tyres, would not be surprised if we see Hamilton pull a clean sweep after the break (i.e. like Vettel in 2013)

considering the design rules are not really changing until 2020, I can't see anyone challenging them in the next few years

might be time to place some bets on Hamilton breaking all of Schumacher's records
Nah, he'd have to demand #1 status and 2nd rate teammates like Vettel is doing to actually achieve that.

FUyaTFM.gif

Nice shout out for Billy.

I am surprised Hamilton is going to crowd surf tbh. I mean, all of those umbrellas would make that difficult, no?

Spades

As a neutral, I want to be excited that there is just 1 point in the championship at half distance, but it just feels like Ferrari aren't going to be able to keep up the pace. I hope I'm wrong but it just feels like without the gap, Ferrari is going to struggle to get back into the chase.

Xando

the built in engine they had was always going to be a massive advantage, it was a miracle that Ferrari were competitive in the early races but now that Mercedes have figured out the tyres, would not be surprised if we see Hamilton pull a clean sweep after the break (i.e. like Vettel in 2013)

considering the design rules are not really changing until 2020, I can't see anyone challenging them in the next few years

might be time to place some bets on Hamilton breaking all of Schumacher's records

It's gonna be the death of the sport if domination continues until 2020.

I don't really care who wins but i'd like to see a battle for first in every race and unless some dumb shit happens i just don't see how anyone can compete with lewis and mercedes in a normal race.

They really need to find a way to get teams to catch up (Not only Ferrari but also other teams like RBR or Force India).

Dunno implement some cap on engine power being max 125% of the average engine power across all teams or something.

Nah, he'd have to demand #1 status and 2nd rate teammates like Vettel is doing to actually achieve that.

No offense but i don't see Bottas competing well against Lewis, Seb, Nando or Max in the same car for a season.

KdotIX

But what? Come on, say it.

But turning on fellow community members and fans of the sport and throwing out passive aggressive comments like that is just pointless and doesn't provoke a good healthy discussion of the topic. Is that what you wanted to hear?

Anyway, glad to hear MB is ok

Spades

Some broadcaster really needs to snap up Jenson once he's officially off contract.

He's absolutely brilliant but I just can't see Jenson wanting to take a gig like that - think he'd rather live his life away from the sport for 80%+ of the time, attending the occasional race.

Grug

As a neutral, I want to be excited that there is just 1 point in the championship at half distance, but it just feels like Ferrari aren't going to be able to keep up the pace. I hope I'm wrong but it just feels like without the gap, Ferrari is going to struggle to get back into the chase.

Yeah this race was telling. Even before Seb's blowout it really felt like this was the turning point in the development race.

Another Mercedes WDC incoming.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
It's gonna be the death of the sport if domination continues until 2020.

I don't really care who wins but i'd like to see a battle for first in every race and unless some dumb shit happens i just don't see how anyone can compete with lewis and mercedes in a normal race.

They really need to find a way to get teams to catch up (Not only Ferrari but also other teams like RBR or Force India).

Dunno implement some cap on engine power being max 125% of the average engine power across all teams or something.

No offense but i don't see Bottas competing well against Lewis, Seb, Nando or Max in the same car for a season.

Why? It wasn't when ferrari and Schumacher dominated for years. This year Ferrari is leading the WDC at the halfway mark and people are complaining about Merc domination?

Orbis

I think so. Partly because as you say, development race seems to be a Merc win, partly because generally Kimi is going to be less reliable to be a points collector as Bottas.

WDC is another game though, while more likely to be Hamilton, anything can happen with reliability and pressure.

Jezbollah

I don't think it's too much about domination, I think it's more about the cars being difficult to remain behind others - which is what these new regulations were intended to help.

I live in hope that the new owners of F1 are able to fix these issues without too much cost in R&D.

TCRS

Banned
Yeah this race was telling. Even before Seb's blowout it really felt like this was the turning point in the development race.

Why is Ferrari so bad with development during the season.. it cost them the 2012 title and now this year almost seems to be over as well..

Grug

Edit: Stomach virus for Martin.

Haha, can laugh about it a bit now,

The whole internet was drawing really grim conclusions from Sky's silence but in reality it was just a case of them not wanting to say "chill out everyone, he's just got the squirts".

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Bottas is currently in phenomenal form and he is grabbing every possible point. Also another important factor - he is only 23 points behind Vettel.

Xando

Why? It wasn't when ferrari and Schumacher dominated for years. This year Ferrari is leading the WDC at the halfway mark and people are complaining about Merc domination?

If you look at the last 2-3 races the only way Ferrari was competing with mercedes was because of incompetence or technical issues on mercedes side.

And F1 was boring when Schumacher dominated aswell. The problem F1 has these days is that there is much more available competition with a smaller audience (due to moving to pay tv largely).

Bottas is currently in phenomenal form and he is grabbing every possible point. Also another point - he is only 23 points behind Vettel.
Really impressed with him. Still needs to improve in traffic though. Some sloppy starts that have cost Kimi two and Max one race.

bee

decent race, loved the ferrari fuck ups at the end and the tears and bitter comments on here are easily as good as that, yes criticise his hair!!!! hahhahahahah

Mercedes seem to have an issue with getting Hamilton's car set up right on a consistent basis. This championship is going down to the wire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom