• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2017 Season |OT| Japanese Horror Story - Sundays on Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaru

And F1 was boring when Schumacher dominated aswell. The problem F1 has these days is that there is much more available competition with a smaller audience (due to moving to pay tv largely).

I've watched F1 properly literally only during the Schumacher championship years 2000-2004 and then again from Vettel's latter 2013 half onwards through the Mercedes years.
I've sat through a lot of domination. I barely know anything else.

The first almost-half of this season gave me hope for a multi-team battle the way I haven't witnessed since 2003. These hopes are, as of now, dead.

hWeX7qj.jpg

maximum kimi happiness

uRYXxqP.gif

I miss the BBC coverage of F1, even after Jake left and Suzi took over it was still great. Loved watching the post race and F1 Forum while chilling on a Sunday afternoon. I would look forward to the coverage as much as I did the race and a lot of the time it actually more entertaining, SKY is just not the same, can't stand the hosts, the only thing I watch now is the gridwalk, the race with sky commentary because of Brundle, and Teds Notebook.

BMTJUA0.gif

Ricciardo <3

Xando

I've watched F1 properly literally only during the Schumacher championship years 2000-2004 and then again from Vettel's latter 2013 half onwards through the Mercedes years.
I've sat through a lot of domination. I barely know anything else.

The first almost-half of this season gave me hope for a multi-team battle the way I haven't witnessed since 2003. These hopes are, as of now, dead.

The start of the season was pretty great yeah (even if my fav team wasn't in the hunt). The last 2-3 races have been going back into the direction the last seasons though which is disapointing at best.

Mercedes always was the fastest but atleast Ferrari was competing.

I expect Mercedes to be destroying Ferrari after the summer break.

Dunno what to do but they need to implement some kind of cap when one team dominates.

Sevenfold

Vettel's off was right in front of me and the noise from the Luffield stands was... Interesting lol.
Rain already passing but that shower would have been something during the race!

Randdalf

Started raining at Silverstone about 30 minutes after the race ended. The first Grand Prix I've been to, I really enjoyed it.

The crowd was definitely anti-Vettel, but I think that's more because he's Lewis's nemesis than anything else. Verstappen and Bottas both got huge rounds of applause when they went past Luffield after overtaking Vettel.

Seeing a major "incident" (Vettel's puncture) in person was pretty special.

John_B

Hamilton killed it this weekend. Vettel got himself into all that trouble by qualifying near Verstappen and then loosing position on the first lap.

It's foolish to call the season at this point. Mercedes has the momentum now but they have had issues with unlocking performance and reliability.

mclem

Haha, can laugh about it a bit now,

The whole internet was drawing really grim conclusions from Sky's silence but in reality it was just a case of them not wanting to say "chill out everyone, he's just got the squirts".

"And it still sounds more impressive than these V6s"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom