• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2017 Season |OT| Japanese Horror Story - Sundays on Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeknurn

I hope Rosenqvist is a contender for the championship next season.

I know it's going to be another Buemi year unless they change the regulations

YourMaster

Not just a decent, but also a smart move by Hamilton. He gave up just a few points, but in return he gets to stay on good terms with his teammate. You don't want to get into a future situation where you lose time having to fight your teammate, have him unwilling to let you past when you've got a shot at the win, or worse both get a DNF from hitting each other during an overtake.

Lemonte

I need a gif, I missed his reaction.

Urm9JCU.gif

dakun

Holy shit at MAG telling HUL to suck his balls!

https://streamable.com/ajpsl

that's quite funny. Hulk is right to be mad at the move, MAG telling him to suck his balls is pretty funny though.

If anything, i like MAG for his "don't give a shit" Scandinavian attitude he shows in interviews.

Why's Wolff getting mad? Hamilton made a promise and he just honoured it. He did that angry fist for the camera.

i don't think he was mad.. he's actually saying "Yes!". It looks more like a move towards Nikki who doesn't show a reaction. It's quite clear to me that Nikki wanted Hamilton to keep the position. Even when Hamilton was moved in front of Bottas, there was a quick camera cut to Nikki, where he looked like he was annoyed it took that long.

Breakage

that's quite funny. Hulk is right to be mad at the move, MAG telling him to suck his balls is pretty funny though.

If anything, i like MAG for his "don't give a shit" Scandinavian attitude he shows in interviews.

i don't think he was mad.. he's actually saying "Yes!". It looks more like a move towards Nikki who doesn't show a reaction. It's quite clear to me that Nikki wanted Hamilton to keep the position. Even when Hamilton was moved in front of Bottas, there was a quick camera cut to Nikki, where he looked like he was annoyed it took that long.

Damn, yeah you're right. I was too busy looking at HAM's father's reaction to notice Wolff's initial reaction. I just saw the slammed fist and his face as he took the headset off and assumed it was done in anger.

Randdalf

Wolff having that reaction doesn't make sense if it was Hamilton's decision, because Hamilton had been slowing down to let Bottas catch up for at least a while before then, and he would have known. He was clearly celebrating that the swap worked without getting overtaken by Verstappen.

Thanks!

If I had to read that room I'd say Nikki told him not to give the place back and he did anyway.

Wolff having that reaction doesn't make sense if it was Hamilton's decision, because Hamilton had been slowing down to let Bottas catch up for at least a while before then, and he would have known. He was clearly celebrating that the swap worked without getting overtaken by Verstappen.

Yeah, it seems like Toto is happy it all worked out.

Nikki maybe not so much, haha.

RSP

Toto's just happy because he just signed BOT for 2018, and doesn't need any drama in the team.\

Edit: Altough I think Bottas would have understood seeing how far back he was from HAM.

HAM showed here that he is a classy gentleman. Shame about the Ferrari 1-2. I hate that team with a passion. The angry and unsportmanslike Vettel that never admits his faults and always blame others. The annoying Raikkonen who is always so negative and today made some pretty childish and arrogant remarks about Paul di Resta better sticking to commentary.

No I'm rooting for a Mercedes title this year.

Also, good for VER immediatelly apologizing after the race to Ricciardo.

I am Dutch but I feel the penalty was justified, keep penalizing drivers taking out other drivers with overconfident actions or mistakes in first corners of the race should prevent more eliminations in the future. It is only a bit annoying that the FIA is so incosistent with its penalties (Bottas in Spain and Baku, Vettel in Baku etc. etc.).

SilentRob

If I had to guess I'd say Nikki and Toto disagreed and Lewis did as Toto wanted. That's just judging from that gif though.

Nah, that's always how their reactions go. Lauda watches unfazed while Wolff freaks out ;)

But yeah, huge, huge respect to the whole Mercedes team. One of the biggest examples of sportsmanship I have ever seen in this sport. First from Bottas to let Hamilton pass, then from Hamilton to give the place back and lastly from Mercedes for deciding and allowing all of this to take place. This would never happen with Ferrari. Good on them that they not only let their drivers fight when it's JUST Mercedes, like the last few years, but also in critical situations like this.

Spades

This would never happen with Ferrari. Good on them that they not only let their drivers fight when it's JUST Mercedes, like the last few years, but also in critical situations like this.

This would never have happened last season at Mercedes with Hamilton and Rosberg, either. Let's not make this a Ferrari are evil and Mercedes are saints thing.

Zaru

Nah, that's always how their reactions go. Lauda watches unfazed while Wolff freaks out ;)

But yeah, huge, huge respect to the whole Mercedes team. One of the biggest examples of sportsmanship I have ever seen in this sport. First from Bottas to let Hamilton pass, then from Hamilton to give the place back and lastly from Mercedes for deciding and allowing all of this to take place. This would never happen with Ferrari. Good on them that they not only let their drivers fight when it's JUST Mercedes, like the last few years, but also in critical situations like this.

I'm genuinely surprised their equal status stuff lasted halfway through a championship fight with another team already.
That's the sort of thing that Ferrari wouldn't even PRETEND to do.

Kalor

I just realized Channel 5 aren't showing the last Formula E race live. Out of all the races you would expect the last one to be live.

John_B

Lol, team orders happened at Mercedes this season, so was not deploying a team order at Ferrari this season as well
Bahrain? Hamilton had a huge pace advantage and Mercedes asked Bottas not to hold him up. It was inevitable that Hamilton was going to pass him.

A bit different than being deliberately sabotaged on strategy so your team mate can take the win. Twice.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
It was quite entertaining Formula E season 3 and I look forward for Season 4. Which will begin in December :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom