• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2017 Season |OT| Japanese Horror Story - Sundays on Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juicy Bob

VER made a very poor move today and maybe I'm wrong but I can't remember him doing many clumsy moves in his career.
He doesn't. He has excellent race craft, especially for someone who is still a teenager.

It's just that a combination of his ability, some controversial defending at the end of last year, a sense of him being hyped as 'the chosen one' and given every opportunity to succeed, a hint of arrogance and also him having some very 'loud and proud' fans make him a very controversial figure.

RSP

RIC can get mad all he wants. He's had enough lucky podiums this year. Time to move over for RB's true #1 driver.

sTiTcH AU

Horner just said that if RIC wasnt there he believes Max probably wouldnt have even made the corner. More than just a small mistake.

Anyway, its over now and they will sort it out amongst themselves.

He made a dumb mistake, but some people here are pretending like he torpedo'd into Ricciardo like Kyvat's been doing. It's like they're waiting for him to do something they can complain about.
That's exactly what happened lol, no way he would make the corner is RIC wasn't there.

It wasn't deliberate, just like Kvyat wasn't deliberate.

Zaru

Nfokf0W.jpg

I wonder if Ferrari would have been under pressure if Vettel didn't have to correct his steering for half the race, but at least this way we got some excitement back.

Lach

Just finished watching the race (guests arrived after ~lap 10).

- Congrats to Ferrari
- Big respect to Mercedes (and Hamilton!) for letting Bottas by at the end.
- Well done McLaren (and I guess Honda). Even as a Sauber supporter I have to say, they don't belong anywhere but the last place.

Spinoff90

Between the gust of wind on the podium, Alonso in the deck chair and the exchange between Hulk and KMag more has happened after the race than during it.

Theorry

Well, you are the one who reacted overly defensive. But it was obviously not a typical racing accident - see the 10s penalty, see Ricciardo's raction.

Its a typical racing incident it happens all the time. Even between teammates. See Silverstone last race and Baku before that. It just happened and probably will happen again in the future. No way you can avoid that if you have the same car and usually fight for the same place. Max said he was sorry and it was not delibrate like some stuff between Hamilton and Rosberg.

DBT85

An unfortunate Vettel train that even Jarno would have been proud of.

Interesting to see the clear difference in attitudes between Ferrari and Mercedes today.

Not surprised by Hamilton giving the place back. Had there been a few more laps I don't think he'd have been able to as Max would have passed/torpedo'd Bottas.

Have to think that even Ferrari would have let Kimi go were this at a track where you can overtake.

Where's all the folks saying that Hamilton was never going to give it back>?

FrankCanada97

Roughly the size of a baaaaaarge
I must have missed why MAG would be mad at HUL. The HUL-GRO clash wasn't penalized, and I certainly hope MAG didn't think him tapping HUL was HUL's fault...

Maybe he didn't appreciate HUL interrupting his TV interview and making a spectacle in front of the cameras?

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
An unfortunate Vettel train that even Jarno would have been proud of.

Interesting to see the clear difference in attitudes between Ferrari and Mercedes today.

Not surprised by Hamilton giving the place back. Had there been a few more laps I don't think he'd have been able to as Max would have passed/torpedo'd Bottas.

Have to think that even Ferrari would have let Kimi go were this at a track where you can overtake.

Where's all the folks saying that Hamilton was never going to give it back>?

He didn't give back the place in two previous races, so of course you'd think it is the same this time.

Apart from lucking into a 2nd place in his first race, Kevin Magnussen has never really done anything of note in F1, certainly nothing to deserve his place.

Business

Apart from lucking into a 2nd place in his first race, Kevin Magnussen has never really done anything of note in F1, certainly nothing to deserve his place.

I agree and besides lacking in pace he's generally too aggressive as well (or straight dirty), today being another example. As for the balls, HUL risked the comment by going like this in front of the cameras.

xrnzaaas

Holy shit at MAG telling HUL to suck his balls!

https://streamable.com/ajpsl

I like how Magnussen's responses are not filtered through any PR machines. He can say that the halo idea is shit and he can tell another driver to piss off.

Pretty interesting race result, sucks for Daniel, but at least Alonso had a nice birthday present(s) and he deserved to be the driver of the day after posting the fastest time. ;p

BigAl1992

Palmer finishing P12 is a perfect way to end his career.

He really doesn't deserve that race seat. No points scored this season as of yet. Consistently out performed by his team mate. No Signs of improvement in his driving skills compared to last year. Lucking into places, because he can't overtake for shit on the track. As far as I'm concerned, his ass is grass if Kubica shines on Wednesday. If Force India is willing to ditch a pay driver in favour of Ocon, because he's proven to be more consistent in scoring points finishes, so will Renault.

Qronicle

Just watched the race (at 2 times the normal speed, because holy jazz it was boring, also made the last laps at real speed look superslow :p).
And I have to give some massive respect points to Lewis here. Okay, it was the deal he made with the team, but when Bottas was nowhere near and closely followed by Verstappen, even I would have just kept the place under the pretence it was too risky.
In my opinion Mercedes should just have told Bottas they were sorry, but he lost too much ground on Ham.
If Ferrari are not gonna Ferrari this season (which they probably will anyway) those might become very valuable points. At least they made the right call today (for this track) to hold station.

Also found it weird Max got a penalty for a first lap incident (and a harsher one than KMag while we're at it), adding to the point loss of RB, who would probably have finished on P4 & 5 instead of just P5. (All in all Lewis could have finished 6th today, so giving up 3th in the end was not the worst deal.)

On to Kubica now!

Spades

HJ37tgz.jpg

The pit-board that HAM was supposed to receive as he took the flag seems to indicate that it was very much his decision to give the place back to BOT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom