• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2017 Season |OT| Japanese Horror Story - Sundays on Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juicy Bob

It is a problem though that a backmarker is impacting a car almost a lap ahead due to causing dirty air. Would be nice if they found a fix.
Yeah, no doubt. But it affects every single driver on the grid and yet multiple drivers today - even Max himself - have fought through dirty air to make competitive overtakes.

Using 'dirty air' as an excuse when you're ~2s behind a lapped car feels underneath Verstappen to me. Like, come on. You're better than that, dude.

nny

So after this little experience, I'm guessing Rosberg will go back to retirement and return the car to Bottas.

RoGro was actually faster than both Red Bulls the last few laps, so Max can stuff it with the blue flags.

Looking forward to hearing wtf happened to Bottas. He couldn't even get back to Kimi for 5th! Being shuffled to the middle of the pack during a safety car shouldn't be that huge a deal for a Mercedes. That's standard operating procedure, actually.

Pryce

RoGro was actually faster than both Red Bulls the last few laps, so Max can stuff it with the blue flags.

Looking forward to hearing wtf happened to Bottas. He couldn't even get back to Kimi for 5th! Being shuffled to the middle of the pack during a safety car shouldn't be that huge a deal for a Mercedes. That's standard operating procedure, actually.

Maybe the Mercedes is shit in traffic?

Solaire of Astora

Death by black JPN
how many here complaining about max are older than him?

think about how pathetic that is

He's an adult. Or are people just supposed to go easy on him because he's 19? I don't know about you, but I would have been pretty pissed off if my older colleagues/relatives treated me any different because of my age when I was 19. That would be pretty pathetic, IMO.

I like max, by the way. But I couldn't let your post slide.

Zaru

There's nothing to wonder, Bottas slipped and spun.
His laptimes during the race didn't seem bad.

Max will be going full Jos soon.

There you go.

s1_1n1uim.jpg

dakun

Man, if that second SC hadn't come out Vettel would have won easily.
I doubt it, Hamilton had at least the ssme pace as vettel whenever he wanted to. Overtaking him would be near impossible

Unless you mean he would've been no. 1 because of strategy

herod

He's an adult. Or are people just supposed to go easy on him because he's 19? I don't know about you, but I would have been pretty pissed off if my older colleagues/relatives treated me any different because of my age when I was 19. That would be pretty pathetic, IMO.

I like max, by the way. But I couldn't let your post slide.

ok, carry on giving tips to a guy who has already achieved far more than you ever will in a race where he beat his team mate and two faster cars along with getting onto the podium from 17th

Pryce

I doubt it, Hamilton had at least the ssme pace as vettel whenever he wanted to. Overtaking him would be near impossible

Unless you mean he would've been no. 1 because of strategy

Yeah. If the second SC hadn't come out Vettel would have been first after pitstops.

Dilly

Banned
ok, carry on giving tips to a guy who has already achieved far more than you ever will in a race where he beat his team mate and two faster cars along with getting onto the podium from 17th

All of them have achieved more than us based on that criteria. Might as well shut this place down then.

If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen. Only thing you contributed here is going of on anyone. Relax for a moment.

Zeknurn

Credit to brotkasten for putting his money where his mouth is by saying that Ferrari will disappoint and betting on it. Maldonado awaits you another time.

I think I'll be doing an avatar bet for Bahrain because Vettel would have won his had it not been for Piquet Jr.

Solaire of Astora

Death by black JPN

Hah. I actually never said a thing about his radio messages. I just think it's pretty silly to treat him differently because he's "only 19". He's an adult and should be treated like one. I certainly would not have liked being treated any differently when I was that age.

And I'm pretty happy with where I'm at in life, thank you very much.

Credit to brotkasten for putting his money where his mouth is by saying that Ferrari will disappoint and betting on it. Maldonado awaits you another time.

I think I'll be doing an avatar bet for Bahrain because Vettel would have won his had it not been for Piquet Jr.

s1_1n1uim.jpg

Wanna bet for Bahrain already? Same conditions?

Pole or win for Vettel and I'll take a Maldonado avatar for two weeks.
Neither and you have to live with it for another two weeks.

Mascot

Lewis has real bad hair paranoia, doesn't he? Keeps his helmet on until the last possible moment, spends ages fluffing it up every time he removes headgear, always turns his back when swapping caps. Does he wear a wig?

Zaru

Lewis has real bad hair paranoia, doesn't he? Keeps his helmet on until the last possible moment, spends ages fluffing it up every time he removes headgear, always turns his back when swapping caps. Does he wear a wig?

Why would he wear a wig? He already got hair transplants.

He has a high hairline that started receding very early.

His hair is a mess when nothing is on it.

Zeknurn

/r/Formula 1 is leaking

s1_1n1uim.jpg

Wanna bet for Bahrain already? Same conditions?

Pole or win for Vettel and I'll take a Maldonado avatar for two weeks.
Neither and you have to live with it for another two weeks.

I need to see some practice before committing because the development race is on and we all know Ferrari will lose it sooner than later.

Three fastest drivers took the podium, so it's hard to complain about the result. This trio is also truly fun to watch up there and it's nothing but positive feels, and the fans like them all.

And thus, time for the massive slog through the season begins where all of the GP times are the worst possible for North America.

A driver being frustrated and venting while full of adrenaline really isn't as bad as some people make it out to be.
I don't get the complaining about drivers who vent on the radio. Unless a driver is complaining to the stewards over something petty, I don't mind it. Like what do you want, everyone to be an emotionless robot over the comms? Then those same people would complain about the drivers sounding fake.

Didn't expect the animosity, I haven't watched F1 much since 2014 when they first entered, so I didn't know the details.

Nice drive from the Red Bulls.

There is no real animosity. I just didn't like how they chose the three new entries they handed out in 2010.

Money and connections over actual existing personnel,experience and facilities really.
No wonder those 3 teams barely did anything and then folded.

Haas has been a million times better than that mess. Even delaying entering for a year to make sure they've done their homework when it came time.

Pretty sure he has hair extensions. His hairline back in the McLaren days needed help.

Mastah

I love Fred :D

"I think we could have scored one or two points like in Australia in an incredible way, because running ahead of Bottas and that he can't overtake you for two or three laps was one of the most surreal things that have ever happened to me.

"He was like 300m behind me and he passed me on the straight but then I could sort of stay with him on the following lap, so it was one of the most surreal things that have happened to me."

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/alonso-incredible-china-race-even-better-than-australia-891579/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom