• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2017 Season |OT| Japanese Horror Story - Sundays on Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alonso says big things are coming.

The Beast... it's coming😎

Hasegawa via Marca says the new spec PU has greatly improved performance and reliability, no more vibration issues to worry about so they can run the PU at full potential, large area for future performance development, will enable McLaren to fight for wins, Peter P has produced a rocketship, if everything goes well at post Bahrain test the new PU will be introduced at Sochi.

Zeknurn

@metinmete
Istanbulpark circuit owner Vural Ak announces that Turkish GP will be back in F1 calendar from 2018. Contract signature a matter of time.

Germany, France, New York and Turkey? Liberty Media must be aiming for that 26 race calendar or we're going to lose other tracks.

Istanbulpark is great though so I don't mind.

Zaru

I have never seen a human being that committed to being a troll before though.
Never checked out r/formula1 and its resident Kimi troll?

Istanbulpark is great though so I don't mind.

The track would be great to see back with the current cars.

The problem is the country where it's located. Too bad we can't just heave the entirety of the Istanbul Park track to a country that isn't heading for a dictatorship.

Zeknurn

The problem is the country where it's located. Too bad we can't just heave the entirety of the Istanbul Park track to a country that isn't heading for a dictatorship.

To be fair, Turkey doesn't seem that bad when F1 is already visiting countries like Bahrain, USA and the UK.

Looks rather useless to me. Don't think it would have helped Surtees or Alonso in Spa 2013.

Anything less than a full closed cockpit wouldn't have helped Alonso or Bianchi.

The head protection concepts are there to stop debris and wheels from hitting the driver.

All of them up to now either fail at that or impede visibility or both.

Zaru

I could do without the french grand prix. I'll be glad to be proven wrong, but Circuit Paul Ricard doesn't exactly make me excited.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Looks rather useless to me. Don't think it would have helped Surtees or Alonso in Spa 2013.

Anything less than a full closed cockpit wouldn't have helped Alonso or Bianchi.

The head protection concepts are there to stop debris and wheels from hitting the driver.

All of them up to now either fail at that or impede visibility or both.

Wait. What happened to Alonso in Spa 2013?

DD

Wait. What happened to Alonso in Spa 2013?

2012*

Grosjean and Maldonado doing... you know, Grosjean and Maldonado stuff.

alonsospa.gif

Addnan

What happened in 2012. Another car flying into him almost. Well not sure if anything would save you at that point. If a full enclosed car had another car thrown at its windscreen it would not end well.

Aiii

So not worth it
What happened in 2012. Another car flying into him almost. Well not sure if anything would save you at that point. If a full enclosed car had another car thrown at its windscreen it would not end well.

Oh if that car hit his head he'd be dead, I'm pretty sure that's not even a discussion.

However, if that car had been covered in a strong canopy or that winshield, It would have likely just pushed the other car over top of his head, since that is the path of least resistance. It would have absolutely saved him, provided the system is solid.

KdotIX

Maldonado didn't really have anything to do with that crash. His hilarious jumpstart was separate to Grosjean cutting across Hamilton.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2r4489

Ended up watching the whole video due to the glorious engine noises. I never noticed before how much I had missed it compared to the V6 turbo era of engines.

Also watching Massa and Vettel going down the Kemel straight gave such a sense of immense speed. This year it should be even faster!

Zaru

For all the crashing and grass-walking Stroll has already done, he's not crashed into anyone himself yet, has he?

He's too far back to threaten the top teams but I wonder if he'll uphold the tradition of taking out a few cars into a turn 1 this year.

Aiii

So not worth it
For all the crashing and grass-walking Stroll has already done, he's not crashed into anyone himself yet, has he?

He's too far back to threaten the top teams but I wonder if he'll uphold the tradition of taking out a few cars into a turn 1 this year.

He literally crashed himself into Perez last race.

He was like, "First lap? Lol, I'm doing a fast lap on an empty track, just like Daddy taught me."

That car is so frustrating that Alonso would rather do Indy than spend a luxury weekend in Monaco? Damn. Watch Button get a podium.

We're losing Malaysia's entertaining track but we're getting Istanbul back? That's a fair trade. Turn 8 is going to rip drivers' bodies to pieces in these cars.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
Just keep moving around until you find a winning car, eh Fred?

Think Montoya mentioned it to him at some point in the past?

Someone get Alonso hooked up with a NASCAR ride for that Sunday, too. He can be the most unlikely person ever to pull the double. Hell, someone develop a new supersonic passenger jet so we could fly the man from Monaco to Indianapolis so he could do all three in one day. Throw the man into full bucket list mode.
It sounds a bit weird to to compete in Indy 500 without any (?) experience of racing on ovals?
Alexander Rossi came out of freaking nowhere after Caterham and Marussia went kaput and randomly won the thing in 2016, so why not?

xrnzaaas

Woahbwoah.

I wouldn't bet all my money on Button, McLaren can also make a bid who wants a once in a lifetime opportunity to drive for them. ;p

Aiii

So not worth it
F1 drivers used to do the Indy 500 all the time, hope Alonso starts a trend.

We could use another Triple Crown winner, so put the man in a Honda Le Mans car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom