• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2017 Season |OT| Japanese Horror Story - Sundays on Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomtom94

Alonso: Yo I'm racing the Indy 500

Boullier:
f60db82acb9510030d2cf396c5bfa087_its-fine-the-anthem-of-meme-everything-is-fine_1280-720.jpeg

Mohonky

Not really big news imo, he's missing one weekend in a shitbox to have a go at another big race title.

Its not like he's losing out anything by skipping an F1 race except maybe another DNF. Might as well have a DNS to change it up.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Good news for Alonso. Might give Indy500 an extra boost in European viewership too. There's no guarantee for success, but I suspect it's much higher than McLaren's chances at Monaco :p

Button better start training. (I'm sure he's always training anyway :p)

Spades

It's surprising that Alonso is willingly missing out on all these significant Honda engine upgrades that Wax has been preaching.

It's surprising that Alonso is willingly missing out on all these significant Honda engine upgrades that Wax has been preaching.

He won't be missing out, this is his dream

Honda_group_shot_1600_x_620_KcRBiZE.jpg

Tough this dream will soon turn into a nightmare when he sees Button win the Monaco GP and he registers a DNF at Indy 500.

Aiii

So not worth it

Canada is gonna be the big upgrade, so he's just going to get used to being in a race winning car so he can be fully prepared for the McLaren beast for the rest of 2017.

Risgroo

Yaasss! Go get that 15th place, JB!

Really excited to see what Fernando can do on an oval. I'm definitely watching the 500 this year!

Spades

Is it confirmed Button will be replacing him? BBC were throwing shade at Mclaren in their article:

It's been confirmed previously that he is their reserve driver for 2017. Presumably he wouldn't really have a say in the matter if he's asked to race (on paper)?

Aiii

So not worth it
That's assuming his persistent chest-beating about being "in the form of my life" actually translates to anything worthwhile at the 500...

Andretti won the race last year, and Alonso is one of the best drivers in the world... of course he has a shot at winning.

thefro

Definitely excited to see how Alonso does. Tough field there. Rossi is good but got lucky saving fuel to win last year and has been mid-pack since.

I have assumed for a long while that he would race Le Mans eventually. Wouldn't have guessed he'd do Indy and definitely not while still a F1 driver.

People race at LeMans into their 50s so he has plenty of time. Heck Mario Andretti still wants to run LeMans again.

This is awesome. Will def be watching the Indy 500. Is Montoya still racing? I am sure he will give him some pointers. I don't care if it is in a golf car, I just want to see Alonso fast again.

Chuck

Still without luck
It's surprising to see this happen so quickly. I do doubt he has much of a chance of actually winning it though.

This is awesome. Will def be watching the Indy 500. Is Montoya still racing? I am sure he will give him some pointers. I don't care if it is in a golf car, I just want to see Alonso fast again.

JPM is running just the 500 this year, but yes. Rival team and engine however. Andretti has plenty of good people that will help him out including Sato.

What kind of training is he going to have prior to the event?. I think Monaco was a good chance for him to get a decent result but I guess he want to get an early start for other competitions. Who can't blame him?.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom