• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2017 Season |OT| Japanese Horror Story - Sundays on Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.
So only Mercedes can say something about the regulations?

Where did I say that only Mercedes should have a say at the regulations?

I dont hear Ferrari, McLaren, Williams, Renault bitching as much as Red Bull is, so why should those teams opinions carry less weight than Red Bull?

Ferrari was once the outspoken team, but even they have toned down over the years.

Heck, Red Bull was complaining even when they were the dominant team. Remember 2013?

They kept complaining about the tyre compounds exploding and to revert to the 2012(?) spec, the teams were against it saying they (RBR) just want to use it to their advantage and when they finally got their way, guess who won all the races after the summer break?
Vettel won 9 races in row

Them whining is one thing, but the way they presented themselves during the new regs aka Renault V6 Turbo issues is just pathetic. Yeah, lets talk shit for the whole world to hear about the engine supplier that gave us success all these years because they're still trying to figure out the new engines and all the complications that comes with it.

Last I checked (correct me if im wrong), Red Bull never funded Renault for their engine development, but they sure sound entitled when things dont go their way.

They can get fucked and go back to where they belong: a mid card team promoting terrible energy drinks.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Absolutely incredible situation in the Blancpain GT endurance race...

The #7 Bentley:
- caused a massive start crash
- got a 15-second stop-go penalty
- didn't serve it after three laps
- Bentley argued that the #7 was 'hit from behind' and ask Stewards to be lenient
- Stewards are like 'fuck no, serve your penalty now'
- #7 Bentley doesn't pit
- Stewards immediately disqualify the #7 car on the spot
- #7 Bentley pulls into the pits... but drives through and exits back out on the track and keeps racing
- Stewards keep calling the Bentley back in like 'WTF are you doing'
- Five laps later, the #7 Bentley finally pulls into the pits and stops

That's gotta be a race ban right?

FrankCanada97

Roughly the size of a baaaaaarge
The IndyCar race is starting in a few, and there's a bit of light rain at the track. Three of four Penske Chevys are starting 1-2-3 with Will Power (AUS) starting on pole. Scott Dixon (NZL) is the highest qualified Honda at 4th.

The top 3 in the championship are Sebastian Bourdais (FRA), James Hinchcliffe (CAN) and Simon Pagenaud (FRA).

The worldwide English feed is probably using the NBCSN broadcast. The commentary team consists of Leigh Diffey and two former drivers, Townsend Bell and Paul Tracy.

You can have free access to timing and scoring here:
http://racecontrol.indycar.com/

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
They're showing the Indycar race here, but in SD, and I'm having a hard trouble deciding whether I want to listen to the terrible Dutch commentator or the American commentators who mispronounce every name.

But nice seeing Indycar on a non-oval.

Juicy Bob

They're showing the Indycar race here, but in SD, and I'm having a hard trouble deciding whether I want to listen to the terrible Dutch commentator or the American commentators who mispronounce every name.

But nice seeing Indycar on a non-oval.
VALTTERI BOAT-ASS

FrankCanada97

Why is there a giant spider on that circuit.

This track has a lot of sculptures littered around:

ants.jpg

Chris R

This track has a lot of sculptures littered around:

ants.jpg

Bummed I didn't have time to get to the museum when I went to Talladega last fall, since I doubt I'll be back in the area any time soon :(

And Standing Starts are better Fernando, but the IndyCAR drivers just couldn't get it working without several people crashing every single try.

FrankCanada97

Alonso is giving his thoughts right now on NBCSN. It must be a familiar feeling for him to be part of a team that has mechanical issues on the first lap.

FrankCanada97

Fun fact: Paul Tracy, the commentator in the blue tie, tested for Benetton in the mid-90s. He was several seconds behind Schumacher, but apparently the car was never set up for Tracy.

apotema

“I think there are two classes of drivers. You’re either an Alonso or you’re a Rosberg. And Hulkenberg is a Rosberg.”

Jacques Villeneuve, in the midst of Alonso's Indy Adventure

xrnzaaas

Absolutely incredible situation in the Blancpain GT endurance race...

The #7 Bentley:
- caused a massive start crash
- got a 15-second stop-go penalty
- didn't serve it after three laps
- Bentley argued that the #7 was 'hit from behind' and ask Stewards to be lenient
- Stewards are like 'fuck no, serve your penalty now'
- #7 Bentley doesn't pit
- Stewards immediately disqualify the #7 car on the spot
- #7 Bentley pulls into the pits... but drives through and exits back out on the track and keeps racing
- Stewards keep calling the Bentley back in like 'WTF are you doing'
- Five laps later, the #7 Bentley finally pulls into the pits and stops

Hm, from what I read the team was right after all with the penalty being wrongfully given to them. And, what's more important, there was an issue with the miscommunication between the stewards and race control. I'm pretty sure the team knows the rules and wouldn't ignore the penalty knowing they'll get black flagged in a couple of laps.

Kyougar

“I think there are two classes of drivers. You’re either an Alonso or you’re a Rosberg. And Hulkenberg is a Rosberg.”

Jacques Villeneuve, in the midst of Alonso's Indy Adventure

A nice human person that doesnt shittalk his team?
A hardworking driver that overcomes the shortcomings of his own talents?

Zak Brown was on CNN yesterday and said they like the design of Honda's engine because it is lighter than Mercedes'.

746.gif

Will be more powerful and efficient too next season. Honda will have the best PU without question, I just hope Alonso isn't around to reap the benefits.

Japan Motorfan magazine says Honda terminated Gilles Simon's contract because he was responsible for the current combustion ideas / Honda using new outside consultants / wouldn't confirm or deny the Illen rumour.

Big bad Honda, they hire him for 4 years, pay him and didn't listen to him according to these fake news sites 😂

mclem

I'm not entirely sure how or why, but Top Gear had a segment last night with Eddie interviewing Bernie. He didn't give a lot away, but I have no idea why it didn't end up on on Channel 4 (which Eddie also works with) - did Bernie ask for Top Gear specifically? Why?

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
I'm not entirely sure how or why, but Top Gear had a segment last night with Eddie interviewing Bernie. He didn't give a lot away, but I have no idea why it didn't end on on Channel 4 (which Eddie also works with) - did Bernie ask for Top Gear specifically? Why?

He'd probably have to ask permission to be part of an F1 broadcast, and Liberty would probably say 'Why? Please just go away and stop talking about F1'.

mclem

He'd probably have to ask permission to be part of an F1 broadcast, and Liberty would probably say 'Why? Please just go away and stop talking about F1'.

Oh, I didn't think of the limitations that Liberty would put on it, that's a fair point.

Will be more powerful and efficient too next season. Honda will have the best PU without question, I just hope Alonso isn't around to reap the benefits.

Japan Motorfan magazine says Honda terminated Gilles Simon's contract because he was responsible for the current combustion ideas / Honda using new outside consultants / wouldn't confirm or deny the Illen rumour.

Big bad Honda, they hire him for 4 years, pay him and didn't listen to him according to these fake news sites ��

Could you please stop referring to outlets you disagree with as "fake news"? This is a pretty serious issue and it doesn't need to be diluted by your bullshit troll character all the time. Especially when you're not able to prove otherwise and cite dubious sources most of the time, if ever.

Zeknurn

Could you please stop referring to outlets you disagree with as "fake news"? This is a pretty serious issue and it doesn't need to be diluted by your bullshit troll character all the time. Especially when you're not able to prove otherwise and cite dubious sources most of the time, if ever.

I second this. I've grown tired of his constant shitposting.

Jibbed

If you read the articles about the FIA helping Honda, you'll find it's something that was actually agreed to a while ago.

They've said that, if by the third race of 2017 there is more than 0.3s between engines in a simulation with equal cars, they would intervene.

It's embarrassing for Honda but ultimately a good move for the sport.

Zaru

They've said that, if by the third race of 2017 there is more than 0.3s between engines in a simulation with equal cars, they would intervene.

It's embarrassing for Honda but ultimately a good move for the sport.

So where's Renault in that equation? Before their hopefully functional upgrade in June(?), I can see them being further behind than that as well

BigAl1992

Thirded. Enough is Enough. Wax, if you want to talk positive about McLaren and show your support for them and Honda, you're free to do so, but we've had enough of this nonsense. At least I have. Either contribute to the discussion that everyone can get around and we can talk about or just stop. Honda and McLaren are in serious trouble, and it's this run of performance that could terminally cripple a team in the worst case scenario. We certainly don't need someone to come in here trolling us and expecting to deal with your rubbish that you constantly fail to back up with any real information or actual valid sources even. This has to end, because I'm sure as hell not putting up with it any longer.

As for that report about the Strategy Group intervening at Honda, it's sad but necessary. We don't need to see an engine manufacturer and a team being embarrassed like this for the third season in a row now. Something has to change, and it has to change now.

Wait, are people reading Wax's posts as being in any way sincere? I'd always read them as an amusing parody.

At this point it doesn't matter if it's a parody or not, because it's been literally going on for years.

ElTorro made a short compilation of his posts, based on "wins".
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=233431880&postcount=1969

If it's still meant to be a joke, it has run its course a long time ago.

But I'll say it again, what bothers me the most is that he never provides any reputable sources himself. No links or anything like that, even when it's run by a proper outlet. Put up or shut up.

Ok, I'll stop after this; but these websites have been posting flat out lies in relation to Honda, and this isn't bullshit, it's the truth, the facts are out there for all to check. The testing example the other day, this Simon info from a well respected and truthful Japanese magazine, the constant parroting of "doing it their own way" still in late 2016 / this year, this after it is well known they had Simon / a factory full of westerners, and outside companies like Sierra helping them from the start in 2013, 260bhp down on power, engine weaker in all departments than last years, engine shaking car to bits, hybrid element will run out half way down... blah, blah, etc.

It's just ridiculous.

I'd expect it from Gaf's favourite tabloid newspapers, but these are supposed to be professional motorsporting websites, yet they're fabricating shit to get hits, where's the integrity? Fucking gutter trash the lot of them... the BBC included.

The glorious Honda will rise to the top

untitled-1lxuuk.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom