• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Hearthstone Tournament #2 | One Legendary to rule them all

ZZMitch

Yeah man good games! I didn't think I was going to win the second one (I had 4 4-drops in my hand by turn 2 I think) but it worked out! Had a hand full of answers in the third game and took to much damage heh.

I like the Druid v Shaman matchup its one of my favorites I think.

de1irium

Yeah man good games! I didn't think I was going to win the second one (I had 4 4-drops in my hand by turn 2 I think) but it worked out! Had a hand full of answers in the third game and took to much damage heh.

There were a few times I think you would have been better off using Rockbiter on a minion (or just trading minions) vs using face weapon to clear minions, and taking too much damage in the process.

Perfect example was last game, right before the end where you could have used your Air totem to take out my Argent Commander, which would have forced me to deal with your Unbound Elemental and totems. But you hit it w/ face instead ... leaving you with 9HP and lethal in my hand.

ZZMitch

There were a few times I think you would have been better off using Rockbiter on a minion (or just trading minions) vs using face weapon to clear minions, and taking too much damage in the process.

Perfect example was last game, right before the end where you could have used your Air totem to take out my Argent Commander, which would have forced me to deal with your Unbound Elemental and totems. But you hit it w/ face instead ... leaving you with 9HP and lethal in my hand.

Yeah that is true and I thought about that. I decided on using my axe cuz I had another in my hand and no minions in my hand so I wanted to keep my board alive if I could. The other way would have been better in hindsight :p

Edit: may be mixing up times based on the screenshot I will have to watch it in the video. Thanks for making a video BTW, cool stuff!

Cystm

iTRngHOepke47.png

Le sigh.

I will be on all day, SuperSonic.

Inky took a great win. I didn't even notice how long the second match went on until I saw him running out of cards. Then he sealed the win in the next game. Really fun game.

inky

Great games Hydranockz. Third game was really close as well. I was literally saved by my last card in the deck. =)

Ferny

I've added Yondy on Hearthstone and sent him a PM but no word back yet.
I'm not sure he has been around at all lately. He didn't seem to be last round either. I'll give it till just before the deadline before making a judgement call.

Bizazedo

Gravestorm defeated me 2-0 with his Paladin deck. Clutch saves versus my doomsayers!

Definitely need to allow more Legendaries next time :).

Ferny

Just a tidbit since it seems we have a fair amount of matches to get done and some of them I haven't seen any effort, at least in the thread to get it done, I will pretty much just flip a coin and that person moves on. I will also note the people who seem to have the hardest time to get a match scheduled for the next tourney.

Ferny

He sent me a PM. I updated the bracket, but I don't think he posted in the thread. Thanks for confirming though.

Ferny

Hence the 'think' lol sorry man I saw the PM, but it gets a little hard to keep track of everything all the time. I appreciate it though.

Ferny

DER GOES MY REIGN!

Does that mean you guys played or no?

Matches left to go
9RG0egf.png

Ryaaan14/Ryaaan14#1114 vs. Ashodin/Ashodin#1707 not sure on this yet
Kosh/Kosh#1600 vs. Trojan/Trojan#1514 Trojan has messaged me, waiting on Kosh I guess?
hobart/Hobart #1152 vs. BigAT/BigAT#1796 Set for 8PM
eznark/eznark#1407 vs. Mazre/Mazre#1960 Eznark nowhere to be found.
Yondy604/Yondaime#1175 vs. GabbyJay/GlenTennis#1302 Waiting to see whats going on with this.

Ryaaan14

Banned
I'm on RIGHT NOW but about to go out.

Dude. This is not how this works. I don't sit at home waiting on Hearthstone for you refreshing this thread.

I'm at work until 9 if you read my PM, if you can make the game then fine, if not I guess I'm DQ'd.

Thanks.

Ferny

Dude. This is not how this works. I don't sit at home waiting on Hearthstone for you refreshing this thread.

I'm at work until 9 if you read my PM, if you can make the game then fine, if not I guess I'm DQ'd.

Thanks.

No, you'll move on. Ashodin didn't even know he was in the tournament still. It's not fair to you to just come an hour before and then have him leave so quickly. Really wish it didn't come down to this and there was more PMing back and forth across the board, but that's how this matchup will go.

If you guys can play by 10pm est. cool. If not, then Ryaaan moves on.

Ferny

Yeah that's the best thing to do. You have a way you can prove that you attempted contact instead of just adding them to Bnet and on the last day saying "Oh I thought you would have seen it"

Always PM first.

Ferny

Deadline is up

Yondy and Gabby have both been DQ'd from the tournament. Both put little to no effort to actually get games scheduled in both the first round and lower bracket. This is something I am noting for the next tournament just as an FYI for anyone participating. Chasing down people to play their match is not something I plan on doing often.

Bracket has been updated
http://challonge.com/gafhearthstone
Deadline for Round 3 and Lower Bracket Round 2 is Saturday, May 24th @ 1PM EST
Please make sure to post results after the games. Classes are not needed to be posted unless there is an incident where a class was played that should not have been.

LY6Dwhn.png

Top Bottom