• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Galak-Z: The Dimensional |OT| Macross the Universe

The length and replayability of the game is currently the big question mark for me. I guess we'll see when the reviews hit.

Dugna

Now this game is just straight up only $20 and that's it right? If so I might go get a PSN card and get this so I can play it tonight.

Dingotech

Small scale downloadable indie titles are not allowed to have Platinum Trophies. None of them do.

Since when? Heaps of them have them -

Rogue Legacy
Binding of Isaac
Hotline Miami 1/2
And loads more.

For me like I said the list isn't disappointing because it's missing a Platinum trophy, it's disappointing because the list is so basic.
They just require you to beat the game, rather than adding some extra challenges or incentives to replay the game in different ways.

baconcow

Since when? Heaps of them have them -

Rogue Legacy
Binding of Isaac
Hotline Miami 1/2
And loads more.

For me like I said the list isn't disappointing because it's missing a Platinum trophy, it's disappointing because the list is so basic.
They just require you to beat the game, rather than adding some extra challenges or incentives to replay the game in different ways.

Even Sound Shapes has a platinum and it is not a very big game.

SerTapTap

IIRC the octodad devs said they didn't get a platinum because it was an extra certification pass. Plenty of fairly small indies (Lone Survivor, which was like $12 IIRC) have 'em.Sony should make it easier for devs to just always have them.

Even Sound Shapes has a platinum and it is not a very big game.

Well, it is after your 5th hour of retrying bullshit Death Mode levels hoping for the right RNG

baconcow

IIRC the octodad devs said they didn't get a platinum because it was an extra certification pass. Plenty of fairly small indies (Lone Survivor, which was like $12 IIRC) have 'em.Sony should make it easier for devs to just always have them.

Well, it is after your 5th hour of retrying bullshit Death Mode levels hoping for the right RNG

Yes. I never did get the last few levels. Played it more than 5 hours trying, though. This was the endgame content I was asking about, above. Things above and beyond the main game that extend replayability. Like NG+ or a random sandbox environment, beyond act 5, that is full of enemies, random objectives, and a boss; time challenges; high score challenges; endless enemies in a random area. In-game achievements, like Resogun. I don't know, something.

The length and replayability of the game is currently the big question mark for me. I guess we'll see when the reviews hit.
Adding difficulty levels might go a ways to helping that cause.

A new GIF:
QFP9wUQ.jpg

baconcow

Looking forward to the PC version. Any word on co-op (perhaps DLC)?

I haven't seen anything mentioned about co-op, but I just read this on PC Gamer website:

"PS4 isn’t locked at 60. It plays at 60 a lot and doesn’t go below about 40 something, but the PC version’s definitely got a better framerate, even on a mid-range PC."

Sort if making me want to wait for the PC version. I didn't expect this game to run under 60fps. Anyone have any impressions, regarding framerate, on the current PS4 version?

I haven't seen anything mentioned about co-op, but I just read this on PC Gamer website:

"PS4 isn’t locked at 60. It plays at 60 a lot and doesn’t go below about 40 something, but the PC version’s definitely got a better framerate, even on a mid-range PC."

Sort if making me want to wait for the PC version. I didn't expect this game to run under 60fps.

I didn't notice anything bad about the framerate other than a stutter here and there which seemed loading/streaming related. But I also probably haven't hit the really flashy fights yet.

It really should run at 60 locked on PS4 but it's Unity so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sort if making me want to wait for the PC version. I didn't expect this game to run under 60fps. Anyone have any impressions, regarding framerate, on the current PS4 version?
I noticed a really annoying framerate stutter in episode 2-3. I can't remember exactly what was going on that might have caused it to stutter then, but it was aggravating...but that's the only time I've really noticed anything.

BSpot

Changed it from what? Even gameplay video from 2013 looked like it does now, minus the mech and procedural generated environments.
I may be behind in this thread, but the 7/15/15 Eurogamer preview mentions it used to be an open world game but is now Rogue-Like.

Which is interesting because the 17Bit official page still refers to it as Open World (twice) but links also to the EuroGamer preview that says it is not.

Can't they just release the US version in the european SEN store?
They're not translating this into french and german and stuff, right??

I really hoped, I'd be playing it tomorrow.
(and no, not interested in VPN and such to bypass)

Can't they just release the US version in the european SEN store?
They're not translating this into french and german and stuff, right??

They totally could (and will), but SCEE doesn't allow it on their store until they did their own certification, even if it was 100% okay for SCEA

It's fucking stupid.

They totally could (and will), but SCEE doesn't allow it on their store until they did their own certification, even if it was 100% okay for SCEA

It's fucking stupid.

I could totally go on a rant about "certified" broken ass games and 5 gig day1 patches that don't even address half of the games problems, but let's skip that...

You think we are talking about days or weeks for the EU release? I could see myself going for some shadow complex to bridge the gap if it will be another week or more.

I could totally go on a rant about "certified" broken ass games and 5 gig day1 patches that don't even address half of the games problems, but let's skip that...

You think we are talking about days or weeks for the EU release? I could see myself going for some shadow complex to bridge the gap if it will be another week or more.

I'm thinking it'll be next week if it misses this one. Can't see why it would be any later.

CLEEK

Ever since this game was first revealed, I've been wanting to play it. The long gestation seems to have done wonders for it. It initially looked like a polished variation on Gravity Crash and Pixeljunk Shooter - part exploration, part shooter - but has since grown into something very unique.

m@cross

Anyone looking for a quick fix to get them hyped as far as jet/mechs and cluster missile death, check out Macross Plus. One of the best Macross stories ever, obviously imo, and all packed into a much shorter experience than Robotech.

tumblr_nbg8j0TX8y1tn7e6io1_500.gif

EricB

Game looks totally awesome, but the words "procedurally generated, rogue-lite" could put me into REM sleep mid-stride. I'll probably give it a shot regardless.

Jashobeam

staying up to play this even tho i have to work tommorow morning, hopefully I can master the controls tonight. Go #TeamMech

SerTapTap

Okay, the patch is legit, no performance problems anymore. Don't play it without the patch, lol.

Combat feels quite good, I'm already feeling limited by the variety of enemies and encounters mid season 2, hope things keep opening up as much as they did through season 1

I like the idea of the mech (and kind of wish it weren't so thoroughly spoiled) but it feels very risky so I haven't played with it as much as the ship yet.

sarcoa

Okay, the patch is legit, no performance problems anymore. Don't play it without the patch, lol.

Combat feels quite good, I'm already feeling limited by the variety of enemies and encounters mid season 2, hope things keep opening up as much as they did through season 1

I like the idea of the mech (and kind of wish it weren't so thoroughly spoiled) but it feels very risky so I haven't played with it as much as the ship yet.
I finally game over'd on 2-3. Feel the same way about the mech, not sure how vulernable it is during melee assaults and I always get scared, boost off, and return to blasting enemies while in ship form. Always feel like I have too much to lose but now that I got destroyed I think I'll play around a bit more.

I hope if the reviews are positive I scan still get in on the 20% off discount for pre-order

I am very interested in this game and have some PSN cash to spend :)

Top Bottom