• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
b942b425d589acc7a1d5de51580a0f8a.gif

Not by the hair of my chilly chin chin.

People would riot.

It would be awesome.

Fwiw, I don't think it will happen due to that witch prophecy.

hemo memo

Gold Member
This whole argument is missing the crucial point: Euron didn't even need a fucking fleet. He can apparently tell exactly which boat is holding the most important people and make his ship invisible to get through every other ship right to that important one.

In the show it's said that Yara and Theon took the best ships, not all the ships. So there's still some there.

The real question is it was so dark how can you tell your men from the others with all the kiling.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
That "foreign invasion" line was the cringeiest line ever delivered on this show. Worse than "bad pussy."

Dorne still capable of producing the most talked about one liners in the series. Two years out and we're still talking about their earlier classic, "bad pussy".

it should be more than enough to leave Cersei

And do what? Where would he go? Cersei wouldn't let him leave unless he took refuge with her enemies, and they all consider him an enemy. What's he going to do, stroll up to Dragonstone and say, "hello, I'm that dude that killed your father, can I lend a hand... oh, too late!" Or maybe he can go North, and run into Jon or Sansa, and explain how he wasn't that complicit when plotting the imprisonment and eventual execution of their father or the assassination of their brother and mother, or handing over all their land to the Boltons. Maybe he'll bypass them and run into Bran and explain why it was so important for him to push him out of a window. He is universally recognizable and the Lannisters are basically universally hated at this point, with the additional problem of not having all that money they made them so powerful in the first place, nor the ability to fight that meant he could talk shit to anyone without fear of reprisal. Cersei is literally his only option. Well, I guess he could go to Braavos, but without any money to his name, why bother? His enemies would still hear about him, track him down and kill him. So, what, pray tell, do you think his plan would be upon leaving Cersei?

Principate

Saint Titanfall
it should be more than enough to leave Cersei
What part of Jaime is not a fundamentally good individual did his speech at the siege not get across? He has some moral but his selfishness overides. He won't abandon her until it truly becomes a lost cause at most. Literally everything he has done so far was for her and the family.

How is that a nitpick? Supposedly the most powerful fleet on the planet was built in a couple months, and it's somehow even more powerful than his previous fleet which was stolen, and they constructed it with absolutely no access to the resources necessary.
yeah one of the dumbest things in the show so far and we're only 2 episodes in to the new season

combined with his super effective surprise attack on the main ship and his survival of all of the fighting even though he got hit everywhere and the sand snakes weapons magically weren't poisoned anymore

oh and the actual scene itself having terrible editing and takes
It would be awesome.

Fwiw, I don't think it will happen due to that witch prophecy.
yeah I ran in to the full prophecy again when i was looking at the young cersei scene and man there's no way dany doesn't overthrow her

that being said witch-like women on the show have been wrong before

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Dorne still capable of producing the most talked about one liners in the series. Two years out and we're still talking about their earlier classic, "bad pussy".
Cheesy lines are a Dornish export, I guess.

Well, you're the one who keeps bringing it up, so I'm asking you.

And do what? Where would he go? Cersei wouldn't let him leave unless he took refuge with her enemies, and they all consider him an enemy. What's he going to do, stroll up to Dragonstone and say, "hello, I'm that dude that killed your father, can I lend a hand... oh, too late!" Or maybe he can go North, and run into Jon or Sansa, and explain how he wasn't that complicit when plotting the imprisonment and eventual execution of their father or the assassination of their brother and mother, or handing over all their land to the Boltons. Maybe he'll bypass them and run into Bran and explain why it was so important for him to push him out of a window. He is universally recognizable and the Lannisters are basically universally hated at this point, with the additional problem of not having all that money they made them so powerful in the first place, nor the ability to fight that meant he could talk shit to anyone without fear of reprisal. Cersei is literally his only option. Well, I guess he could go to Braavos, but without any money to his name, why bother? His enemies would still hear about him, track him down and kill him. So, what, pray tell, do you think his plan would be upon leaving Cersei?

What part of Jaime is not a fundamentally good individual did his speech at the siege not get across? He has some moral but his selfishness overides. He won't abandon her until it truly becomes a lost cause at most. Literally everything he has done so far was for her and the family.

fine. let's see how his loyalty to cersei pays off this season, then.

Jombie

I guess I need to go back and watch the episode. There's alot of hyperbole surrounding this one, if it were one of the worst in the series. I didn't see it as better or worse than anything since last season. We're in glorified fan fiction waters now, might as well get used to it.

*Mark Mylod is terrible.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
yeah one of the dumbest things in the show so far and we're only 2 episodes in to the new season

combined with his super effective surprise attack on the main ship and his survival of all of the fighting even though he got hit everywhere and the sand snakes weapons magically weren't poisoned anymore

oh and the actual scene itself having terrible editing and takes

yeah I ran in to the full prophecy again when i was looking at the young cersei scene and man there's no way dany doesn't overthrow her

that being said witch-like women on the show have been wrong before
Euron going full Stannis the Mannis and straight up tanking like entire groups of trash mobs got overlooked by all the other insane shit.

fine. let's see how his loyalty to cersei pays off this season, then.

You're engaging in hypotheticals. Hypothetically, Jaime leaves Cersei. Fine, what then? You can't just disengage because people are pushing back with you to fill in the blanks that hypothetical invariably opens up. Jaime is stuck between a rock and a hard place. He's already made enemies with all of Cersei's enemies; if he makes enemies with her too, that leaves him with absolutely no one on his side. How is that preferable to being on the side of the queen, even if she is potentially crazy and destined to lose the war? He's fucked either way. And if you're going to die regardless, dying in a castle drunk on wine is probably preferable to hiding in squalor because there's a price on your head.

You're engaging in hypotheticals. Hypothetically, Jaime leaves Cersei. Fine, what then? You can't just disengage because people are pushing back with you to fill in the blanks that hypothetical invariably opens up. Jaime is stuck between a rock and a hard place. He's already made enemies with all of Cersei's enemies; if he makes enemies with her too, that leaves him with absolutely no one on his side. How is that preferable to being on the side of the queen, even if she is potentially crazy and destined to lose the war? He's fucked either way. And if you're going to die regardless, dying in a castle drunk on wine is probably preferable to hiding in squalor because there's a price on your head.
it's not something i can talk about here. you want me to concede? i conceded

Angry Grimace

Do any of the Starks have a personal grudge against Jamie? I feel like if Jamie betrayed Cersei he might get a pass

Jaime got into a swordfight with Ned in season 1 and Jaime crippled Bran.

Gnome

Do any of the Starks have a personal grudge against Jamie? I feel like if Jamie betrayed Cersei he might get a pass

I know episode 1 of the series was a long time ago, but dude c'mon, the entire show hinges on a very specific Stark & Jaime grudge.

Nameless

The ONLY way I see Jaime turning on Cersei is if all is lost and Cersei goes the, 'if I can't have the throne no one will' route and plans to execute the Mad King's plan. Even still, he's made it clear countless times that no one matters but her. This was the same guy who just last season threatened to catapult Edmure's infant child at a castle just to get back to her sooner.

WriterGK

I think you're also putting a lot of feelings into someone you don't know. Complainers probably don't utterly hate literally everything about the show.

Personally I hate most of the Iron Island stuff and all of what Dorne seems to touch. That plus a few other randomly trash scenes. But there's still enough there that it's worth it to see what happened to the show I used to think was the pinnacle of on screen fantasy.

Are people not allowed to complain/critique things? People can complain/critique things they genuinely like, too. You don't have to hate something overall to think something like Euron's character arc or something was trash.

And life is filled with dumb things people do just to join in. Humans are social creatures. We get enjoyment and fulfillment from connecting with other humans. It's why some people purposefully watch bad B movies with friends or something.

Fair enough, I stand corrected. I agree with you on this post. But for me this isn't quite the only show I am watching :)

Angry Grimace

oh shit i forgot about Bran. Feels like so long ago

Jaime was also imprisoned by the Starks for the entirety of Season 2, so I doubt he's all that friendly with them, either.

And yeah, I'm picking on shit in the episode, but I liked the episode. I only nitpick because I love!

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I should've known that battle was gonna happen, anytime someone makes plans to take Casterly Rock, everything goes to shit.

WriterGK

Exactly, I threw up a little bit in my mouth when i read that tbh

You should have been here last week. The Artist was defending on his own that Margaery Tyrell and Daenny Targaryen are less evil then Cersei. But there was quite a big defence force saying that Cersei is less evil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom