• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
So is the GoT universe going to live on as infamously as Star Wars? Like, Id love all kinds of expanded stories and still have lots of curiousities on the history of walkers that Im guessing wont be covered

Much like how I had so many questions watching Lost.

I figure some spin offs must be spurning, and Im not talking about just Roberts Rebellion

Sephzilla

Dany losing a good chunk of her fleet gives Jon some bargaining power at least. The issue I can see Jon and Dany having in any negotiations is that Jon right now gives absolutely zero shits about the Iron Throne or anything happening in the southern half of Westeros, and Dany likely won't believe the White Walkers exist. So Jon will be like "we need the dragon glass to fight the white walkers, otherwise Westeros is doomed." and then Dany will be like "you can have all the dragon glass you need so long as you help us assault Kings Landing". Jon will look at her all confused and be like "did you not hear the last part of what I just said?"

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Out of everyone who lives on Westeros right now, aside from the magical wandering priests, Dany should be the least credulous with regards to legends and magic.

How come Arya can change her height and weight when she puts on different faces?

Stilts, padding.

RDreamer

So is the GoT universe going to live on as infamously as Star Wars? Like, Id love all kinds of expanded stories and still have lots of curiousities on the history of walkers that Im guessing wont be covered

I figure some spin offs must be spurning, and Im not talking about just Roberts Rebellion

They're currently developing 5 spinoffs.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
I am afraid to say but I think Daenny will become or at least get a bad reputation as a ruler of Westeros just like her father. No way in hell those 3 dragons came here just for shows. And those beasts will do colossal damage. I just remembered the child one of them killed a few seasons ago near that Goat.
I think that was propaganda to convince Dany to chain her dragons.

Ros8105

I am afraid to say but I think Daenny will become or at least get a bad reputation as a ruler of Westeros just like her father. No way in hell those 3 dragons came here just for shows. And those beasts will do colossal damage. I just remembered the child one of them killed a few seasons ago near that Goat.
And the Dothraki she brought with her. I'm sure the Westerosi people are grateful for that one.

Otherwise, I agree the episode was kinda shit. The writing has really declined.

That sex scene was super unnecessary male gaze shit. I mean, I ain't complaining about what I saw on a personal level but I could have lived without it and the episode would have been stronger for it.

I disagree, I think the sex scene was awesome and not just because of the eye candy, but because it represented a triumph to a character that's lacking, uh, something. It was about showing that sex can still be sexy despite the adversities, that intimacy trumps all and that we should never let anything stop us from pursuing love. It was the opposite of unnecessary and it was even sweet in a way, reducing it to "male gaze shit" is letting a complete non-issue blind you to the understated poetry of the scene.

Perv!

I wish there was a way to gauge how big a TV series is to a film franchise. Lord of the Rings & Harry Potter are probably the top 2 biggest fantasy franchises, I guess song of ice and fire will be 3 but maybe less because it got less exposure just by being a tv show?

Heshinsi

I hear some people even saying when they the saw the scene for the first time they already saw a child getting killed?

There was an earlier scene where Drogan chased away a child and then cooked a lamb. It was a different dude than the one that showed up with the bones.

Sephzilla

I think Cersei and Danny are going to kind of cancel each other out. Cersei is evil and will do anything in order to save herself, including killing her own people. And Dany, while her heart might be in the right place, gets pretty excessive when it comes to fighting against evil people. Like, the shit Cersei was saying about Danny in the throne room wasn't exactly wrong - she was just leaving out a few bits of information Fox News style.

RDreamer

Wait...what?

They're developing 5. Their hope/theory seems to be that maybe one of them will stick the landing and be almost/just as good as GoT. So not all 5 will make it to production and even if a few do not all 5 will have long runs, possibly. Some will get dropped before scripts are made. Some will probably get dropped before being greenly. Some might have other troubles.

schlynch

Really wondering about the Euron debate. We were told so many times how this or that character slew dozens of enemies in a single battle (Barristan, Robert, etc) and now if we see some of this in motion everyone talks about plot armor and how unrealistic it is? Even if he was introduced late, Euron is not some b-character. He is feared all around the world.

Extra clothes and heeled boots.

It's all very flimsy. She has to be able to nail mannerisms and voices too. If you remember season 2, Jaqen changes his face before saying bye to Arya, but his voice stays the same.

no.

Eh, I remember jaqen's voice changing when he face changed

Jombie

I think Cersei and Danny are going to kind of cancel each other out. Cersei is evil and will do anything in order to save herself, including killing her own people. And Dany, while her heart might be in the right place, gets pretty excessive when it comes to fighting against evil people. Like, the shit Cersei was saying about Danny in the throne room wasn't exactly wrong - she was just leaving out a few bits of information Fox News style.

It's why both of them are inexorably fucked.

Who knows. But there are major logistical problems either way.

Casterly Rock is on the west coast of Westeros.

If Grey Worm is going there by ship, they'll have to sail all the way down the Narrow Sea, around Dorne and then back up again, close to the Iron Islands.

By time they got there, the battle between Jon and the Night King will either be under way or over.

The timing of all this is really bad.

Plus, if they squeeze Ellaria or Tyene to spill the beans of the battle plans, Dany is fucked.
At this point, every character in the show has access to a teleporter and unlimited resources required to construct ships.

Really wondering about the Euron debate. We were told so many times how this or that character slew dozens of enemies in a single battle (Barristan, Robert, etc) and now if we see some of this in motion everyone talks about plot armor and how unrealistic it is? Even if he was introduces late, Euron is not some b-character. He is feared all around the world.
The Sand snakes always use poison, except when fighting plot armor.

He dodged a fireball.

Everybody fights him one at a time like it's Ocarina of Time or some shit.

He appeared out of thin air with a better fleet of ships than his previous fleet.

He's Bam Margera.

aBarreras

Really wondering about the Euron debate. We were told so many times how this or that character slew dozens of enemies in a single battle (Barristan, Robert, etc) and now if we see some of this in motion everyone talks about plot armor and how unrealistic it is? Even if he was introduces late, Euron is not some b-character. He is feared all around the world.

i mean, everybody talked about how Barristan was a beast, and then he died like a fucking chump

Tawpgun

Keep in mind there was that "vision" of a torched throne room during Winter.

Queen of Ashes, get hyped. Fuck Kings Landing.

Carbonox

I wonder how many dragons survive by the end of the season? I'd expect her to lose all but Drogon (or maybe it's Drogon that gets merked this season). DECISIONS. They'd need one for the final season surely so I'd bank on two getting done.

Speevy

Banned

He certainly is not a b character, but the show presents him as a regular person who has no more fearsome qualities than most of the assholes who walk about the iron islands.

I remember season 2 when they first showed that place. I remember thinking these are hard men who talk a lot of talk but can't get anything done.

Prior to now, Euron seemed around those same lines. He's supposed to be mysterious and scary, like a cross between Ramsay and Melisandre.

RDreamer

I wonder how many dragons survive by the end of the season? I'd expect her to lose all but Drogon (or maybe it's Drogon that gets merked this season). DECISIONS. They'd need one for the final season surely so I'd bank on two getting done.

One's definitely going to die to the ballista and then get resurrected at some point by the Night King. Bank on it.

And one has to get warged into by Bran. Maybe three way fight with Bran/Dragon, Night King's undead dragon, and Dany/Dragon?

Sephzilla

It's why both of them are inexorably fucked.

Keep in mind there was that "vision" of a torched throne room during Winter.

Queen of Ashes, get hyped. Fuck Kings Landing.

Yep. Danny versus Cersei is going to be an ever escalating battle of who can retaliate more extremely than the other. Cersei will do something to weaken Danny either through military or through the spreading of misinformation. Danny will retaliate with an even bigger counter punch in order to send a "I'm not to be messed with" message. Cersei will retaliate to that by trying to show Danny that she's the queen and will do anything to keep the throne. Danny will try to send an even stronger message back to that. And they'll get caught in this infinite loop of escalation until one of the two runs out of resources or they leave each other in rubble.

This is why I think Jon ultimately gets the throne.

Tawpgun

Yep. Danny versus Cersei is going to be an ever escalating battle of who can retaliate more extremely than the other. Cersei will do something to weaken Danny either through military or through the spreading of misinformation. Danny will retaliate with an even bigger counter punch in order to send a "I'm not to be messed with" message. Cersei will retaliate to that by trying to show Danny that she's the queen and will do anything to keep the throne. Danny will try to send an even stronger message back to that. And they'll get caught in this infinite loop of escalation until one of the two runs out of resources or they leave each other in rubble.

meanwhile Jon is up north just like "umm guys, evil army of the dead? Please? Help maybe?"

Jombie

This is why I think Jon ultimately gets the throne.

I think could Dany resort to the same brutality as her father, stop before it's too late and maybe sacrifice herself. Jon will sit on a throne of ashes.

Sephzilla

meanwhile Jon is up north just like "umm guys, evil army of the dead? Please? Help maybe?"

Yeah, The North is probably going to be fighting the White Walkers by themselves I imagine.

I think could Dany resort to the same brutality as her father, stop before it's too late and maybe sacrifice herself. Jon will sit on a throne of ashes.

Dany has definitely shown hints of having her father's madness in her. She's been mostly kept in check by her counsel.

Speevy

Banned
Also I really hope Euron was never cast to look like Theon.

The entire point of Balon's mongrel family is that they are each more hideous and distinct than the last.

Sephzilla

I figure one of the dragons dying to the ballista will be Dany's "Fuck it!" moment.

Probably. They're already planting the seeds for Dany to start ignoring the advice of her counsel and start doing shit on her own. That plus losing a dragon could definitely push her to go too far.

Heshinsi

Yeah, The North is probably going to be fighting the White Walkers by themselves I imagine.

Dany has definitely shown hints of having her father's madness in her. She's been mostly kept in check by her counsel.
Eh, her dad was killing people for funsies and was hearing shit and being paranoid about everyone around him. Arya has done more hands on fucked up shit than anything Dany has ever done.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
TvbOP60.gif

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I'm kind of angry the just glossed over the possible animosity between Tyrion and Ellaria a with an off-hand remark. This season is starting to feel rushed the way they're handling certain things.

That could have been an interesting plot point imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom