• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sadist

Cool ep again: and people hatin' on the Burlington Bar? They have the best reactions on GoT eps. As for observations:

- Danny questioning Varys was to be expected, but the tension was real good.

- My dear are you a sheep? No you are a dragon. Now act like one. Olenna can't lose. She has more balls than any other lord.

- "I'm an excellent judge of character" Tyrion made me chuckle again.

- Melisandre has the need for speed. Girl loves to chose a side as much as she likes to be naked.

- Jorah :( That shit was painful to watch. But good guy Sam to the rescue.

- Hotpieeeeeeeeeee!

- Finally Arya goes back. I was waiting for this.

- Jon keeps winning. He grabbed Little Finger like the bitch he is. Go Jon go.

- Oh man the Danny x Jon shippers will lose their minds

- Lol the Sandsnakes are dead. Best part of the episode. I guess no one wants the bad pussy.

- Come on, we all know Theon would bail out. Its sad, but the dude should go home and be a salaryman.

Metroid

I think someone can at least thank littlefinger for what he did, regardless his intentions. I mean, sansa and Jon are alive because of him.

Goodstyle

The Sand Snakes being hung/pinned on Euron's boat reminds me of one of my favourite moments in the series: When the Freys had Robb's decapitated corpse riding on a horse with his decapitated wolf's head stitched on it while chanting "Here comes the king of the North!". Such a great scene.

aBarreras

Yeah sure, but it doesn't stop her to run for the next contender for the Iron Throne. Thats her choice isn't it? Or wait, the will of the Lord of Light.

mmm she didnt go to jon snow like all happily lets doo this!

remember that she lost her faith because she was 100% sure that stannis was the prince that was promised, that why she even hesitated so much on trying to revive jon, but when he actually revives her faith is restored and reporpused.

Everyone is zooming across Westeros quick style apart from Arya and the BwoB

This season is definitely a lot more streamlined which is a shame. There's not as many of the character development scenes we're accustomed to. It seems like every scene is directly advancing the story (except the Grey Worm/Misande scene I guess), which isn't a bad thing, but adding some flavor to the story would make the transition from GRRM content to D&D content a lot less jarring.

Cool ep again: and people hatin' on the Burlington Bar? They have the best reactions on GoT eps. As for observations:

I used to love watching their reaction vids, but as it gained popularity on youtube, it was obvious the same people were showing up and were very clearly being way over reactive and fake with their facial expressions knowing it would be on youtube. There was one woman with glasses and her friend I remember being big offenders.

edit: Just watched the one posted and yep, it's the same group I was thinking of lol

Nameless

Yeah sure, but it doesn't stop her to run for the next contender for the Iron Throne. Thats her choice isn't it? Or wait, the will of the Lord of Light.

A couple of things. Dragonstone is Mel's home in Westeros. She lived there for years with Stannnis so it's only natural for her to go back there. Second, her objective was to rally support for Jon and try and shift Dany's focus to the only war that truly matters.

Sadist

mmm she didnt go to jon snow like all happily lets doo this!

remember that she lost her faith because she was 100% sure that stannis was the prince that was promised, that why she even hesitated so much on trying to revive jon, but when he actually revives her faith is restored and reporpused.
True.

Still, after so many seasons of Melisandre being this mysterious force its just funny to see her joining different factions, even if it's because she lost faith or regained purpose.

I realize there is absolutely no point in complaining about parts of the show not being realistic lol, but I thought it was a bit absurd that Euron was able to ambush a fleet of ships in the middle of the dark and somehow attack the very ship that he needed to. That's some straight psychic power voo doo stuff going on right there.
This season is definitely a lot more streamlined which is a shame. There's not as many of the character development scenes we're accustomed to. It seems like every scene is directly advancing the story (except the Grey Worm/Misande scene I guess), which isn't a bad thing, but adding some flavor to the story would make the transition from GRRM content to D&D content a lot less jarring.
I feel like they really don't have a choice unless they want to do more than just one more season after this one. Too few episodes left to finish the story. But yeah, everything feels rushed to me as well.

aBarreras

I realize there is absolutely no point in complaining about parts of the show not being realistic lol, but I thought it was a bit absurd that Euron was able to ambush a fleet of ships in the middle of the dark and somehow attack the very ship that he needed to. That's some straight psychic power voo doo stuff going on right there.

I feel like they really don't have a choice unless they want to do more than just one more season after this one. Too few episodes left to finish the story. But yeah, everything feels rushed to me as well.

it has been discussed, he knows the ships, therefore he knows whats the flagship, then he knows how the iroborn operate at sea. it is really no that farfetched. if you look at it that way

SeveralRecklessGoral-size_restricted.gif

:p

Ferrio

Banned

They really introduced Euron too quickly. I think a lot of these complaints could have been avoided if we had been shown Euron's achievements instead of just having him dumped on us.

it has been discussed, he knows the ships, therefore he knows whats the flagship, then he knows how the iroborn operate at sea. it is really no that farfetched. if you look at it that way
Unless you factor in that it was pitch black outside and he'd have to navigate through multiple ships just to get to the right one. He rammed it perfectly from the side. Even if the flagship was at the very front of the fleet I still find it a bit obnoxious. but again, we're talking about game of thrones where it seems that there are no rules. And im not really that upset, but it was the one thing that irked me about the entire episode.
They really introduced Euron too quickly. I think a lot of these complaints could have been avoided if we had been shown Euron's achievements instead of just having him dumped on us.
This is true too. Even the characters i dislike on GoT, I at least appreciate their part in the story. But Euron is really out of the blue, so it's hard to respect him for anything.

Rubenov

Why the hate for the Sand snakes? They weren't characters to root for or anything like that but seems like I missed someththing.

Ok here's what I think is going to happen:

Sam will succeed and Jorah will be cured. The Grant Maester will cast Sam out for having performed a forbidden proceedure. Jorah will take Sam to Dragonstone. They will arrive after Jon, and Sam/Jorah will be the binding agent that brings the King and Queen alliance together.

Why the hate for the Sand snakes? They weren't characters to root for or anything like that but seems like I missed someththing.

They were just kind of awkwardly written. Oberyn was a smooth talker who was suggestive in matters of sexuality, and a straight badass. The Sand Snakes by comparison, are blunt and awkward, and generally shove sexuality in your face to distract you from the poor writing. On top of that, all the fight scenes with them are downright embarrassing. Watching Euron kick their asses was the closest we've seen to a good fight scene involving them.

Nameless

A small part of me is holding out hope Nymeria leaving was a swerve and that she'll show up and make the save when Arya hits trouble on the journey North. It's the least D&D could do after Summer and Shaggy's cheap, poorly done deaths last year and all but pretending Ghost doesn't exist.

Theon made the smart choice and one I never would have seen. I only saw two choices, surrender or attempt to charge Euron and get Yaras throat slit. Jumping ship is a smart 👌 move.

So was there something special about that dragon-killing ballista or was it literally just a ballista?
It was a ballista that cut through the strongest/biggest dragon bones ever like butter, even if the got universe had ballistas before, I highly doubt they were this deadly.

So was there something special about that dragon-killing ballista or was it literally just a ballista?

The might of human ingenuity. Maybe the bolt is made of special metal, but I was so relived to see it was just a strong ballista. I thought the maester did another Mountain mutation experiment and we'd be getting necromancer skeleton dragons or something.

HotHamBoy

- My dear are you a sheep? No you are a dragon. Now act like one. Olenna can't lose. She has more balls than any other lord.

tenor.gif

I disagree, I think the sex scene was awesome and not just because of the eye candy, but because it represented a triumph to a character that's lacking, uh, something. It was about showing that sex can still be sexy despite the adversities, that intimacy trumps all and that we should never let anything stop us from pursuing love. It was the opposite of unnecessary and it was even sweet in a way, reducing it to "male gaze shit" is letting a complete non-issue blind you to the understated poetry of the scene.

giphy.gif

Was episode two better than the first episode? On the brink of quitting the show.

Episode 2 was definitely worse.

Not feeling the Nymeria scene. No payoff. I guess maybe it'll come into play later and this was just a "hey guys remember Nymeria for later plis"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom